Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Clergy Affair
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

100%
Format: Paperback|Change

on August 2, 2009
I received the book yesterday and finished it today. I could not put it down. I was amazed how the author immediately pulled you right in and made you feel like you were a friend riding along within the storyline. When she went to different locals you felt by her writing that you were right there with them.I wondered if the book was religious as the title hinted to " The Clergy Affair". Yes it is full of religious connections however, that is what made it the funny,warm comfortable read that it was. I truly liked each character that was introduced except the crazy mother -in-law (don't we all have one of those)and felt like we could and would be friends. I wanted -no needed to know what was going to happen next. You really cheered for the main character and the book made you realize how we are all responsible for stereotyping people and what we think they should be. We do put "labels" on everybody. And how we need to watch what we say about a situation we don't know all about ex. if the neighbor gossip goes to door of single female minister at 8:15 am and a handsome male answers don't assume the worse and spread vicious rumors ALL around town. The ramifications as always take on a life of it's own (hasn't that happened to all of us haha)And that is a shame as we all want the same thing happiness and love. This book is a GREAT summer-beach book. The outrageous humor that happens to this character (you say to yourself while laughing hysterically "did that really just happen")is too funny not to grab this book and want to read it. It is only 300 pages long. I wish it were longer I didn't want it to end. The way the author brings things back to forefront after you thought it was over is what writers should do but we don't often get. I'll watch to see what else this author comes up with. I tremendously enjoyed this book
on September 7, 2009
Another great book by Jennifer Johnson. I liked this one, I believe, better than the first. But then they were both completely different. She is just a wonderful writer. How many times have we heard gossip about someone and wonder where it all started from. When it gets started it keeps growing and taking on a life of its own. I could not put the book down and had to finish it the same day I purchased it. Like the others it ended to soon. Very much looking forward to Jennifer's next book. I would highly recommend this book to all readers. I just gave it to my Aunt and she has started reading it, can't wait to hear what she has to say. Called my daughter and told her to pick one up. Keep up the good work Jennifer.
on December 1, 2011
"The Clergy Affair" is wonderful! As a preacher's kid myself, I can identify with how the main character, a minister, felt like a bug under everyone's microscope. Nothing she does or says goes unnoticed by her congregation. When a man she meets while performing a wedding, innocently sleeps on her couch one night, Deborah Reynolds find herself in hot water, and the focus of several untrue rumors. How does a minister go about getting her flock to believe she hasn't turned into a wanton woman?

The story is great. Jennifer Johnson's book is thoughtful, funny, and heartwarming.

You'll cheer for Deborah and Sam to be together. And getting them there is half the fun. Get yourself a copy of "The Clergy Affair." I couldn't put it down!
on November 11, 2009
The is the second book of Jennifer's that I have read and although I liked the first one, the Clergy Affair was a story that I couldn't put down after I started reading it. It was romantic, very funny and just an all around fun read. I took both books on vacation last week and read each one in about a day. On day three I was wishing that the Clergy Affair hadn't ended or wondering where I could find the next book that Jennifer had written. Or better yet, where to find the next Clergy Affair sequel. I can just imagine some of the future escapades Rev. Reynolds might have in her small southern town. If you are looking for a fun romantic read that is erotic and sensual in all the right places, (but not too smutty), I recommend that you buy this book. After you read it you will want to tell all of your friends to pick up a copy so they too can share in the adventures of Rev. Deborah Reynolds.
on August 25, 2009
Excellent book once again by Mrs. Johnson. Very witty. I can't wait til the next book written by the author.
on August 17, 2009
This is a highly entertaining book written by a very talented storyteller. In true Southern author form, she ropes us in with interesting characters and humorous situations. Her story is intriguing and ends entirely too soon. Rumors seem to take on a life of their own fueled in some ways by the heroine herself who has a problem keeping her own mouth closed. I laughed out loud as some of her slips of the tongue and felt I could totally relate with speaking before thinking. Deborah is adorably human and a wonderful southern heroine. I can't wait to read more from this author.
on February 19, 2012
What a great book and what a great Author. This book makes you beg for more. Now I wonder where she came up with a name and theme like this. Hurry and get your Copy.