5.0 out of 5 stars The Most Inspirational Song I've Heard In Quite Some Time
Some may think this song is for 'tweens' only and dismiss this because it's 'Disney' and from the Hannah Montana movie soundtrack. Personally, I couldn't care less that this girl is only 15 or 16 or whatever she is...all I know it that I get chills every time I listen to this song.

Sure, it's cliche in a way, and obviously written to be a commercial success...
Published on March 28, 2009 by HuskerDog

3.0 out of 5 stars Country Climb
Published on May 18, 2009 by Amaranth

5.0 out of 5 stars The Most Inspirational Song I've Heard In Quite Some Time, March 28, 2009
HuskerDog (The Midwest, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Climb (MP3 Music)

Sure, it's cliche in a way, and obviously written to be a commercial success. But, the songwriters here have done a fantastic job of crafting an extremely inspirational tune...I love the fact you don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure out the message of keeping the faith, battling through our struggles and never giving up. It hits me right in the gut and the heart.

It starts soft with just piano and Miley's vocal and builds to a soaring chorus with full instrumentation. Although I've never liked a Miley Cyrus song before, she excels this time around and leans toward her country roots, passionately and sincerely delivering the message in a way that can make a 42-year-old man like myself almost tear up. Laugh at me all you want, but before you do, really give this song a good listen, because I believe many can and will be inspired by "The Climb".

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW, August 28, 2009
This review is from: The Climb (MP3 Music)
I don't write reviews. Mainly because the other reviews are to the point. One of the reviewers said that they got chills when they listened to this song. I know exactly what they mean. This song makes you look deep at yourself and lets you look forward to your own "clime"!

3.0 out of 5 stars Country Climb, May 18, 2009
This review is from: The Climb (MP3 Music)
Miley Cyrus' "The Climb" is surprisingly good. After her lifeless take on Cyndi Lauper's "Girls just wanna have fun",it's nice to hear Miley Cyrus following in the footsteps of her mulleted father, Billy Ray. The lyrics are catchy and inspiring. True, it's country lite, but it's still a decent song. It's not sappy and Disneyesque. It's about going through life's struggles. Considering how many people are struggling now, people can relate to it. It's worth the climb!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this song, August 23, 2013
This review is from: The Climb (MP3 Music)
I really love this song. I always sing along. One of her better songs, in my opinion, before she got weird.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT Song, June 10, 2013
This review is from: The Climb (MP3 Music)
I would highly recommend this song to anyone who is a fan of Hannah Montana or Miley Cyrus. This song is catchy, and easy to get stuck in your head.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Climb, May 24, 2013
This review is from: The Climb (MP3 Music)
This song is not only good for the young but also for the older generation. I recommend it for all listerns

5.0 out of 5 stars The musice of Miley Cyrus, April 16, 2013
This review is from: The Climb (MP3 Music)
The song is perfect and we had no trouble putting it on iTunes. I would recommend this song to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great song and Artist, April 14, 2013
This review is from: The Climb (MP3 Music)
Love this song! I can enjoy it on my smart phone as well as my Kindle Fire! Highly recommend this great song!

4.0 out of 5 stars Positive pop song that's so darn catchy, January 4, 2010
This review is from: The Climb (MP3 Music)
I can't help myself. My Broadway tunes have been temporarily abandoned for "The Climb." I was never a Britney, Jessica or Christina fan, so I never imagined myself loving a song by Miley Cyrus, a Disney-produced pop star.

What I really like is how the song starts off with just the piano and her voice. Then the strings come in. Then guitars. And finally the drums come in to beat home the message. Sure, the music repeats itself and gets embedded in your brain, as one would expect. But it's not in a bad way like having the word "Disturbia" or "Paparazzi" stuck in your head all day. Though trite, being reminded to "keep the faith" and keep reaching for your dreams still leaves a minty-fresh feeling in your soul.

As for the voice, it works for this song. Kelly Clarkson or Jennifer Hudson could have turned "The Climb" into a powerful piece, but with Miley at the helm, the song seems more accessible, i.e., easier for the average person to sing along with, not impossibly Mariah Carey-ish. This makes the song stick even more.

So, yes, I love a song with the words, "whoa-oh," "baby" and "yeah-ah," something I never thought would happen. What does this mean? Maybe there really is something about Miley because "Party in the U.S.A." is starting to grow on me, too.

4.0 out of 5 stars Climbing Up, March 24, 2009
This review is from: The Climb (MP3 Music)
When it has came down to Miley Cyrus lately, she has not been able to shake her Teen bubblegum pop image. After some of the tracks from Breakout felt like they were weak like Fly On The Wall, and the lagging cover of Cyndi Lauper's Girls Just Want To Have Fun, she really needed to prove she can step away from that image. For her latest single, The Climb from the upcoming Hannah Montana movie actually feels like a good breath of fresh air for her, by tapping into the fruits of her roots in Country Pop sound, similarly to her father Billy Ray's appeal from over the years. The song actually is so far her best song yet, and feels much more enjoyable than the drag-downs from Beyonce's Diva to Britney Spears' Circus. I hope that Miley can try to keep up the pace, and make another good song like this one.

Song: B-