From the Back Cover
This is not your father's wedding . . .
Congratulations on your engagement, my clueless friend, and welcome to a world for which you are sadly ill equipped. You have entered a new dimension. A dimension of china patterns, ice swans, and boutonnieres. You're planning a wedding, and your fianceé expects more from you than a diamond ring and a blood test. So, you'd better get up to speed--and fast.
From the best proposal to the coolest honeymoon, The Clueless Groom's Guide offers light-hearted commiseration, guidance, and a distinctly male take on the entire process of planning a traditional wedding. It gives you a sorely needed chuckle and some surprisingly useful advice to help you get through the many decisions your bride-to-be will pretend to want your opinion on, including:
- How and where to pop the question--and when to cue the mariachi band
- Why engagements of over two years are justified only by extended commitments to the armed forces and/or unusually long jail sentences
- How to pick groomsmen gifts and groomsmen who almost deserve them
- Reception sites that offer style and originality . . . and why you should avoid them like the plague.
- And far more than you should ever rightly know about weddings
About the Author
Peter van Dijk has written advertising and marketing communications for such major marketers as American Express, Business Week, CBS Cable, Christian Dior, J.P. Morgan Chase, Merck-Medco, Primestar, and TNN.
His work has won Clio's, Effie's, Addy's and many other advertising industry awards.