- Hardcover: 368 pages
- Publisher: University of Illinois Press; First Edition edition (November 1, 1997)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0252024001
- ISBN-13: 978-0252024009
- Product Dimensions: 10.2 x 7.2 x 0.9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 2.2 pounds
- Average Customer Review: 4.3 out of 5 stars See all reviews (3 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,768,145 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
To get the free app, enter your email address or mobile phone number.
The Colony that Rose from Sea: Norwegian Maritime Migration and Community in Brooklyn, 1850-1910 Hardcover – November 1, 1997
See the Best Books of the Month
Want to know our Editors' picks for the best books of the month? Browse Best Books of the Month, featuring our favorite new books in more than a dozen categories.
More About the Author
Top Customer Reviews
in the United States. A detail of the arrival and settlement
of our Norwegian ancestors who arrived by boat and took up residence
in their new country. A well-worth reading.
Maurice Olaf Bergman
Kristiansand, Norway / Brooklyn, New York