Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Commish Season 2
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Format: Amazon Video|Change
Price:$12.99

on January 31, 2006
Very few television shows have found the perfect balance of drama and humor that this great series achieved in the early 90's. Recent TV-to-DVD issues have left me disappointed several times; sometimes old favorites don't age well. This is not true of THE COMMISH. I've worked my way through the two seasons that have been released, and I've discovered that this is a series that I've been happy to return to. Issues raised by the social commentary that underpins many of the episodes are still relevant, the plots are still gripping, and the humor is still fresh.

The second season opens with the addition of Cyd Madison as the second-in-command at the Eastbridge PD and includes some of the my favorite episodes of the entire series, including the Halloween "Witches of Eastbridge" featuring Ray Walston and the multi-part run with Telly Savalas as the boss of a crime family attempting to establish a beachhead in Scali's turf.

Critics have commented on the quality of the DVD print of this series. I suppose that there is validity in their position, but I haven't been bothered by that. I've found the quality of both seasons to be acceptable, and I'm delighted to see the old friends from this series again.

I hope the rest of the series finds its way to DVD very soon.
on January 9, 2007
Michael Chiklis plays his role of a police commissioner of a suburbian New York community to the letter. The stories told here in this set are very well written dealing with family drama as well as police action. These episodes can be enjoyed by the entire family. As a teenager, I watched these episodes with my mom and dad and we all enjoyed them. This is quality television!
on September 7, 2011
We remember "The Commish" fondly and sought to add this to our DVD library. The service was excellent but the quality of the DVD set was defective. I was disappointed that a replacement was not offered, only a refund.
on August 21, 2008
While some of the detective series of his time are very boring, Commish's down to earth personality, his understanding of people, and his devotion to his family make this series very entertaining. It touches on serious issues while bringing in the importance of family and family issues.
on July 9, 2008
I purchased Seasons 1 and 2 when Amazon had a sale recently and I certainly am glad that I did. This show combines both crime solving and humor and I look forward to purchasing any other seasons.
on October 26, 2009
I got this DVD collection and also Season 1 for my mom who absolutely loved the Commish.
At the time she was very sick with end stage Pulmonary Fibrosis. She passed away this past July.
She had the chance to watch these DVD's over and over again giving her some very pleasurable, happy moments at a very sad time in her life. The episode where Rachel has her baby and Cyd helps her is priceless.
I would highly recommend this series to everyone. However, just one note: If you have seen Michael Chiklis in his other series The Shield and are looking for a similar type show, you will be dissapointed because The Commish is very different. He is the teddybear of police commissioners. As his character puts it - he regulates human behavior. He doesn't bully people and for the most part doesn't even lose his temper:) I just love him.
on December 2, 2008
Good show, not too graphic, not too harsh, just the right mix to make it entertaining
on June 11, 2009
Excellent product. Great story lines. Brought back a lot of fun memories of watching many of them the first time.
on January 15, 2011
The Commish is one of my all time favorite police dramas. We watched it when it was on tv and were glad to see it out on dvd. Michael Chiklis does a great job portraying a serious police official, who is also a loving family man. There is plenty of action, heart-warming moments and a few comedic elements, also.
on January 23, 2014
continued episodes were very "real", funny, and focused on key issues familes deal with. acting great. sorry to see "Paulie" go, but could see it heading that way.