4.0 out of 5 stars Test your bible knowledge, or prepare to be on a game show
Published on August 11, 2000 by yoco

3.0 out of 5 stars A Good Ice Breaker
A neat little book for trivia buffs. This book also comes in handy for teachers of Bible study classes who need ice breakers. Of course you can also learn something along the way, but don't expect deep profound truths.
Published on May 25, 2001 by A. J. Valasek

4.0 out of 5 stars Test your bible knowledge, or prepare to be on a game show, August 11, 2000
This review is from: The Complete Book of Bible Trivia (Paperback)
Mr Lang has written an excellent book that will truly test your bible Knowledge."Bible triva" covers everything from the simple "What two cities of the plain were destroyed for their wickedness?" To the difficult "whose mother was a widow named Zeruah?" to the suprising "what book is the only book in the bible to mention an apple tree?" (hint it's not Genisis) and "what woman is mentioned more often then any other in the bible?" (It's not either Mary). And then there is the just plain trvial "Who had the first birthday party in the bible?" Bible triva also covers more then just what is in the standard protestant bible, It covers things like apocrapha, Bible versions and their history and bible movie questions, my favorite in this catagory: "Cecil B Demille's "The Ten Commandments" (1956) was a remake of a 1923 silent film of the same title. What famous director made the earlier film?" (Ans: at the end of the review) If there is a weakness in this book it's that the questions are some times redundant, asking the same question in a slightly rewitten form. For example: "What King broke his own law when he called apon a spritualist to bring up the gohst of Samuel?" (PG 49) and "what king disguised himself in order to consult with a spiritualist?" (pg 107) As for who dircted the 1923 version of Ten Commandments"? ANS: Cecil B DeMille This along with many questions found in the book would make a great question for "Jeapordy" or "who wants to be Millionaire"

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Book for Browsing, March 7, 2003
This review is from: The Complete Book of Bible Trivia (Paperback)
OK, I admit I am a big fan of quiz shows and such, so I like any book with a question-answer format. I also like the Bible, so this book was a natural for me. I like the way it is divided into different categories, also like that it has the answers on the flip side of the page, so they're easy to find. Some of the best and most amusing questions were in a section called "Curious Quotations," with some really quaint-sounding items from the King James Version. This would be a good book for pastors or teachers wanting a bit of amusing trivia or humor to launch into a sermon or lesson.

3.0 out of 5 stars A Good Ice Breaker, May 25, 2001
A. J. Valasek (Clemmons, NC United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Complete Book of Bible Trivia (Paperback)

4.0 out of 5 stars A fun way to kill time and learn at the same time, March 1, 2013
This little book is a fun way to learn more about the Bible when you are waiting at the Pharmacy, at the Doctor's office, at the DMV, etc. It's fairly small so you can put it in your purse or in your coat pocket. I keep it by my side when I'm watching a favorite news program so I can answer the questions while the commercials are on. The questions are not easy, I miss a lot but I'm learning a lot too,

5.0 out of 5 stars Bible Trivia, April 18, 2014
Bible Trivia is one of my favorite past times.
This book was perfect for me.
I'm glad I got it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Challenge to Bible Knowledge, October 28, 2013
This was a gift to a person who is unable to get out and about. I think he has enjoyed the challenge.

4.0 out of 5 stars nice, December 27, 2013
This review is from: The Complete Book of Bible Trivia (Paperback)
nice deal on this. would buy again. great price and does exactly as described. anybody would be happy with this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Trivia Questions for Sunday School, September 12, 2013
V. Myers (San Diego, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Complete Book of Bible Trivia (Paperback)
Children are not the only ones who love to have activities! Our Women's Sunday School class sets aside time to do a trivia question every Sunday. The questions are typed on a slip of paper and handed out, the class has a week to get the correct answer, and we answer them the following week. Everyone who has the correct answer places their slip of paper in the basket. On the first Sunday of each month we have a drawing. The person whose name is pulled, receives a bag of treats (a journal, pen/pencil, coffee cup, etc.)
This Bible Trivia book makes it so much easier to find trivia questions with answers to present to the class. Not only is it fun, but it is an opportunity to learn about the Bible.

4.0 out of 5 stars great little book if you want to learn Bible trivia., November 5, 2012
I have been using this little book for quite some time and find myself going back to it whenever I am interested in quizzing myself on Bible facts. This book is broken down into fourteen parts and is filled with over 4500 questions about little known facts or at least to me they were,about the Bible. The thing that I really found helpful was with the answers we are also given the scripture verse in which to find the answer. So if you're looking for a fun way to increase your knowledge about the Bible then this just might be the book for you. I think it would be a great book to use in Bible study or even in Sunday school class.

2.0 out of 5 stars HARD QUESTIONS!, March 6, 2014
This review is from: The Complete Book of Bible Trivia (Paperback)
We used this book for a Bible Trivia game with seniors. Most often, they could only answer one or two of the questions in each section. The questions they knew, they liked, but with so many of them being almost impossible to get, it wasn't fun. Even our PK of a director didn't know most of the answers!

The Complete Book of Bible Trivia
The Complete Book of Bible Trivia by J. Stephen Lang (Paperback - January 28, 1999)
$15.99 $13.54