5.0 out of 5 stars Great for 2-6 year olds experiencing new things!
This book has several detailed stories about first experiances-first party, first time at a hospital, first airplane trip, etc. A very cool way to show your child everything about the new thing they are about to do!
Published on August 16, 2010 by Amber Schley

1.0 out of 5 stars Seller review
Quality7 seller:
- sent me a wrong book
- provided no pre-paid return shipping label
- insisted I return it through USPS (extra trip for me way out of my way + wait in line)
- received several letters and three times (!) the copy of return receipt and only then partially (!) refunded
- issued a partial (!) refund three months later
- about...
Published 10 months ago by Ekaterina Floyd

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for 2-6 year olds experiencing new things!, August 16, 2010

5.0 out of 5 stars Very entertaining!!!, July 11, 2010
Marcelo Garza Sepulveda (So. Padre Island, TX United States) - See all my reviews
I have a 3 year old daughter and a 1 and 6 mo. and they love this book, they show a lot of interest in every single story. I think they will be enjoying this book for a long time. Absolutely recommended!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful and sweet series for toddlers to preschool children, December 24, 2009
LMS (In the midwest) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This is a sweet series of short children's stories that focus on first experiences. There is a visit to the hospital for a surgery, a new baby, a trip to the dentist, ride on an airplane, a vist to the dentist, and a few more I can't remember off the top of my head. Within each picture there is a little yellow duck to find. My toddler loves these stories and more importantly, I don't mind reading them over and over again. They explain what happens in each scenario in a nice matter-of-fact manner that a small child can understand.

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant for preparing your toddler for everything!, March 22, 2011
This review is from: The Complete Book of First Experiences (Hardcover)
Absolutely wonderful!!
We will be moving to Europe and I needed a book for my 3-year old to prepare him for it.
He loves the stories about "going on the airplane" and "moving house". He also wants to go to the dentist and the doctor now, since we read the stories.
The pictures are cute, maybe a little outdated, but still very relevant. Lots to see and to talk about.

5.0 out of 5 stars key for three- to five-year-olds, November 7, 2010
My children generally enjoy these Usborne books, but this is the key compendium. For one low price you get nine stories that I'm sure most small children will want to read over and over. I can't recommend this highly enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars My daughter loves it., June 30, 2008
ISTNMO (NY United States) - See all my reviews
My daughter is 2.5 years old. Loves this book. Helped her to overcome fears at doctors/dentist. Quality is good. Pictures are so cute. Good for early readers too. Good price. Fast shipping. Very glad I purchased it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Stories, Wonderful Illustrations, July 20, 2007
N. Oliver (Hagerstown, MD) - See all my reviews
This book is a wonderful compilation of all the first experiences that children have. The illustrations are amazing and full of so much detail that a child can take his time and really enjoy the book. The stories are written with the short sentences at the top, that the kids can read, and then longer sentences at the bottom of the page so the adult can add more detail to the story. The layout is wonderful and the stories are precious. I loved it!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Complete Book of First Experiences, October 25, 2007
This book is aimed at toddlers and upwards. My 2 year old loves it. It details first experiences in going to the dentist, school, doctors, moving etc. The illustrations are well drawn, bright and lovely (which I am very particular about) and the stories short and easy to read. There is also a little duck hidden on each page which my child loves to find.

Would highly recommend this book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, November 10, 2013
Again, this Usborne book is great for the kid just figuring out how to read. My girls love the stories and read them again and again.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but...(read on), March 20, 2013
This review is from: The Complete Book of First Experiences (Hardcover)
Our 3.5 year-old son really enjoys these stories. They are generally well-written, and the pictures and fun and attractive. However, there are a few things we found which made us a bit uncomfortable:

1. The families from all nine stories are all White. There are neighbors and others of other races shown, but non of them are the main characters. We found this odd. Also, every family has at least one child, and has two or more pets. Really???

2. There are at least two instances where a tired mom is seen reading something that looks like a Harlequin romance. The covers of the novels are obvious. This is surely not the case, don't know why they needed to include this int the illustrations, we felt this was unnecessary.

3. In the "Going to a Party" story it talks about all the children being dressed up as monsters and shows children wearing a ghost costume and also witch costume going to a birthday party. As a Christian family, this is not a kind of party we would like our children to attend, nor do we think we need to show them pictures of children trying to look scary. This is one story we will be skipping...

The Complete Book of First Experiences
The Complete Book of First Experiences by Anne Civardi (Hardcover - Jan. 2011)
Used & New from: $2.85