Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Water Sports

on March 17, 2012
I was expecting this to cover the basics, and it did... condescendingly. There are also some errors I noticed from my server experience, such as how to cut lemon wedges. It made me wary of the accuracy of the rest of it. I got this to help me get promoted to bartend... It did have some basics I could use, and a lot of drink recipes, but I could have gotten everything online. Probably the most useful will be the drink recipes because it has a lot without going overboard. They are listed by alcohol, and there is an alphabetical index at the end.
on November 7, 2010
For anyone who loves to entertain at home, The Complete Idiot's Guide to Bartending is sure to become a well-worn resource stocked behind the bar. Liquor lingo is extensively explained in the first section and there are plenty of easy to concoct cocktail recipes, from the sublime (Bourbon Manhattan) to the ridiculous (Stuffy in a Suit).

This guidebook will equally serve the novice as well as the more experienced who want to improve their current bartending skills. As holiday party season approaches, this is the perfect book to find in your Christmas stocking.
on September 25, 2013
purchased this for my son. he really liked it. he said it was like being held by hand and walked through the process. if he's happy, i'm content.
on April 26, 2006
OK, I happen to be a relative, but that has nothing to do with my review of this book. Well, maybe a little, but the fact is, I'm no bartender. I don't have the know-how to mix drinks properly and I found this book REALLY easy to use. The arrangement by types of liquor make this guide truly idiot proof (no pun intended!).

It's a great bar companion especially when my more liquor adventurous guests are around and they want a drink even they don't know how to make.

Kudos to Amy for creating such a simple yet so useful guide!