Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc A. Sinclair Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation SnS

on July 24, 2013
I cannot believe the other reviews of this book. I found it to be an excellent book. I was new to Wordpress at the time. And this book helped me to get to the point of an intermediate user. Of course where I need to be is an advanced developer. So for that I will need to go far beyond what this book addresses. That is only common sense. However, it is much more comprehensive in what it covers than other books aimed at beginners.

Any book in the "Complet Idiots ..." series cannot really offer an advanced treatment. And this book is no exception. I found this book to be well written and easy to read. It has many illustrations. In all fairness, I did not sit in front of my computer comparing illustrations in the book with my website. I was able to go through this book in about ten days. And at the end of each day, I was more familiar about the various parts of my Wordpress site. Of course, your mileage may vary from mine.

The other thing I really liked about this book is that the author provided her insight about how to make your blog or website better. In particular the chapter on integrating a Wordpress blog with social media sites like Twitter and Facebook gave me a lot of ideas. I will certainly be following some of the authors suggestions in the coming days and weeks.
on March 22, 2015
Though the title was misleading for me (I'm not as smart as your common, everyday idiot), & the book on the whole is more advanced than I'd like, I'm sure it'll be a great help as I get my feet wet with WordPress. I found some online "help" sites that may get me started in an easier method. I'd say this book might be perfect for the "intermediate" person who has more knowledge of computer-ism than I do. I'm really looking for something more on the "Dick, Jane & Sally" level.
on November 30, 2012
I looked forward to using this book as a reference for setting up my WordPress blog - sadly my money was utterly wasted. I can only assume it is because of updates to the website, but the explanations and pictures in the book bear little relevance to what I see on my computer screen. As things stand, this book is useless.
on March 14, 2012
This particular book is well suited for a beginner who wish to learn WordPress from the ground to midlevel. Once I've finish reading this books I still had to purchase an advance book on WordPress.
on July 4, 2013
I got this from the library and felt compelled to tell the world how worthless this book is. Sure...it's outdated, but it is impossible to search for what you need and very hard to read. So much for helping complete idiots. :-)
on February 8, 2015
Just what I need to use WordPress.