Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS

on July 24, 2013
I cannot believe the other reviews of this book. I found it to be an excellent book. I was new to Wordpress at the time. And this book helped me to get to the point of an intermediate user. Of course where I need to be is an advanced developer. So for that I will need to go far beyond what this book addresses. That is only common sense. However, it is much more comprehensive in what it covers than other books aimed at beginners.

Any book in the "Complet Idiots ..." series cannot really offer an advanced treatment. And this book is no exception. I found this book to be well written and easy to read. It has many illustrations. In all fairness, I did not sit in front of my computer comparing illustrations in the book with my website. I was able to go through this book in about ten days. And at the end of each day, I was more familiar about the various parts of my Wordpress site. Of course, your mileage may vary from mine.

The other thing I really liked about this book is that the author provided her insight about how to make your blog or website better. In particular the chapter on integrating a Wordpress blog with social media sites like Twitter and Facebook gave me a lot of ideas. I will certainly be following some of the authors suggestions in the coming days and weeks.
on November 30, 2012
I looked forward to using this book as a reference for setting up my WordPress blog - sadly my money was utterly wasted. I can only assume it is because of updates to the website, but the explanations and pictures in the book bear little relevance to what I see on my computer screen. As things stand, this book is useless.
on March 22, 2015
Though the title was misleading for me (I'm not as smart as your common, everyday idiot), & the book on the whole is more advanced than I'd like, I'm sure it'll be a great help as I get my feet wet with WordPress. I found some online "help" sites that may get me started in an easier method. I'd say this book might be perfect for the "intermediate" person who has more knowledge of computer-ism than I do. I'm really looking for something more on the "Dick, Jane & Sally" level.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 14, 2012
This particular book is well suited for a beginner who wish to learn WordPress from the ground to midlevel. Once I've finish reading this books I still had to purchase an advance book on WordPress.
11 comment4 of 6 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 8, 2015
Just what I need to use WordPress.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 4, 2013
I got this from the library and felt compelled to tell the world how worthless this book is. Sure...it's outdated, but it is impossible to search for what you need and very hard to read. So much for helping complete idiots. :-)