Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on February 9, 2007
It's great when they package a series of films and this is no exception and that's why I gave it four stars even though each film itself is of different quality; therefore, I gave my ratings below for each individual film. These were all mostly chilling films and they do what sequels are supposed to do and that is continue a storyline and not keep repeating the original. Here is my take on each film:

Omen (1976) ***** - Still one of my all time favorite films horror or not. The Academy Award-winning score by Jerry Goldsmith is still very haunting as is the rest of this film. Time has not altered the effectiveness of this great chiller which is enhance by great acting, notably by Greg Peck and Lee Remick, direction and cinematography. Nothing shows age with this film.

Omen (2006) *** - An unnecessary remake, but a decent one all the same with a good cast. It does lack the haunting images and feel of the original and probably a good example of leave well enough alone.

Omen II (1978) ***1/2 - A well-crafted sequel that cleverly continues the story which is what a sequel should do. Damien is growing up and learning of his heritage, power, and potential future and unexpectedly struggles with this much like any teen-ager growing up. The storyline is very convincingly continued here. It's not nearly as haunting and chilling as the original, but it does stand well up against it. Superior acting and an intelligent script save this film from being a typical sequel. While it is predicatable most of the time, the director keeps things moving swiftly. Good popcorn fun, but with a little more substance than most of its genre.

Omen III (1981) **** - The world is introduced to Damien, now an adult and seeking world domination through his company and followers, and we as an audience are introduced to a great actor, Sam Neil (Jurassic Park), in his first starring role. I was greatly impressed with this sequel and Neil's powerful performance filled with chilling charm and menacing arrogance. This film got under my skin more the Omen II, but still less so than the original film. My major criticism with this film is the ending which has several VERY long passages to read at the end in a font and size that is difficult to read. Thank God for the freeze frame function. Live audiences must have went nuts trying to read this in the theater and if they missed it, they'd have to stay to see it again to read faster. Overall, it was a very effective conclusion to the Omen series.

Omen IV (1991) **1/2 - Hey, didn't I just say conclusion in the last review? Well, sort of. This "sequel" is entertaining to a degree, but it does what all too many sequels tend to do and that is rehash the original and contradict it as well (much like "The Grudge 2"). This film is one of those it's so bad it's kind of good (but not that good). This is an example of Hollywood trying to save a money-making franchise, but they are fresh out of good ideas to continue the storyline. Heck, after killing Satan's son in Omen III, that kind of closed the door on things --duh! It's an oddball film that is mildly entertaining, but very pale in comparison to the series' prior efforts.

This whole collection is well worth owning. I can't imagine any horror fans letting this series slip by them.
66 comments| 53 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 29, 2007
I just got this box set and I think it has everything an Omen fan could wish for. The box contains 5 movies: The Omen (1976) (2 Disc Collectors Edition), Damien Omen II, The Omen III The Final Conflict, Omen IV The Awakening and The Omen (2006).
The Omen (1976) and The Omen (2006) are full of extras. The first 3 films are the best; part 4 is very very weak and doesn't have the same effect as the first 3. The remake of The Omen is not that good either. Overall the box set is great for a fan of the movie to own. I give it 4 out of 5 because the packging is not creative at all (A simple box)
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon May 4, 2014
This box-set includes the original trilogy, the made for t.v. movie, and the 2006 remake. All 5 films are in their own case and tucked inside a thin cardboard slipcover. Let's be honest, there is only one true classic in this set and that's the first Omen (1976). If you are a casual horror fan, the first film may be all that you will need to add to your collection. I'm a die-hard fan and a completist so I knew I'd want all the films plus I found this on sale for $20 so the purchase was a no brainer for me.

The Omen (1976)
The is a classic 5 star film. Included in this box-set is the 2 dvd collector's edition of the film.

Video: The film is presented in 2:35 anamorphic widescreen. The print looks pristine and I have no complaints about picture quality.

Audio: There is an English 5.1 dolby surround track that sounds great. There are also English, Spanish, and French mono tracks. There are English and Spanish subtitles.

Extras: This 2 dvd collector's edition is loaded with goodies.

The first dvd contains two audio commentaries. One with Richard Donner and editor Stuart Baird. The other with Richard Donner and writer/director Brian Helgeland. Also included is the interesting 6 minute 'Curse or Coincidence' and the 17 minute 'Jerry Goldsmith Discusses The Omen Score'. A trailer rounds out the extras on the first dvd.

The second dvd starts off with a 2 minute introduction to the film by Richard Donner. Next up are 2 lengthy and informative documentaries. The 46 minute '666: The Omen Revealed' and the 1 hour 42 minute AMC documentary 'The Omen Legacy'. There is also the deleted dog attack scene with commentary by Richard Donner, a 20 minute featurette 'An Appreciation: Wes Craven on The Omen', a 15 minute 'Screenwriter's Notebook' interview and a photo gallery.

Damien: Omen II (1978)
This is a pretty good sequel and almost as good as the original.

Video: The film is presented in 2:35 anamorphic widescreen. The picture doesn't look quite as good as the first film and has some dirt and debris popping up here and there but overall it is not too bad and is a decent looking transfer.

Audio: There is an underwhelming English stereo track and a French mono track. There are English and Spanish subtitles.

Extras: Not much for extras. There is a commentary with producer Harvey Bernhart and trailers for the first 3 Omen films.

Omen III: The Final Conflict (1981)
This is the weakest film in the trilogy and it's a shame because with a little more work this could have and should have been epic.

Video: The film is presented in 2:35 anamorphic widescreen. The picture looks about the same as Omen II. It has some dirt and debris popping up here and there but overall it is not too bad and is a decent looking transfer.

Audio: There is an English stereo track and a French mono track. There are English and Spanish subtitles.

Extras: Not much for extras. There is a commentary with director Graham Baker and trailers for the first 3 Omen films.

Omen IV: The Awakening (1991)
I've never seen this made for t.v. movie until I bought this set. There's a new Anti-Christ in town and SHE means business. This is the weakest film in the franchise but it was entertaining although a bit predictable.

Video: The film is presented in 1:85 anamorphic widescreen. The picture looks rather soft but it is not too bad looking.

Audio: There is an English 4.0 stereo track, an English 2.0 stereo track and a French mono track. There are English and Spanish subtitles.

Extras: No commentary on this one. Just trailers for the first 3 Omen films.

The Omen (2006)
This remake is completely unnecessary because the original is perfect and isn't in need of a modern update. I thought this was a cash grab and expected the worse. I was pleasantly surprised that the film was actually pretty decent if I don't try and compare it with the original. The storyline sticks pretty close to the original which makes it a bit predictable if you have seen the original but that's the only real criticism I have about the remake.

Video: The film is presented in 1:85 anamorphic widescreen. No complaints about picture quality.

Audio: There is an English 5.1 stereo track and English, Spanish, and French 2.0 stereo tracks. There are English and Spanish subtitles.

Extras: There are a fair amount of extras on this dvd. First up is a commentary track with director John Moore, producer Glenn Williamson and editor Dan Zimmerman. There is a 37 minute documentary 'Omenisms', a 22 minute featurette 'Revealtion 666' about the truth behind the number of the beast, a 10 minute featurette 'Abbey Road Sessions' about the film's score, 2 extended death scenes and an alternate ending. The dvd is rounded out with 3 trailers for the film and a trailer for The Omen: Collector's Edition dvd.
VINE VOICEon June 18, 2008
I stumbled upon this little gem, and boy am I glad.

Every Omen DVD in one great collection. The Omen (the original) is a great film. Is Damien really evil, or is everything just a series of creepy coincidences? Find out with the terrific Gregory Peck as Damien's father, Robert Thorn. The musical score is terrific, dare I say it is one of the best (if not the best) horror movie theme music for terror. And this is the special edition with 2 DVDs included! Great extras.

I also love the sequel The Omen II: Damien. I think that it is an interesting and accommodating return to the original, but a good movie in its own right. Sometimes, I think I might like this one best of the whole series.

As for Final Conflict and The Awakening: they are both subpar continuations of this great series. Final Conflict is worth watching for several reasons, mainly Sam Neill. He is amazingly brilliant as the devil's son. Even the team of fighting monks is not that bad considering. There are some things in this film that I just cannot stomach though, and I do not want to give anything away so I will just say that some of the horrible things you may read in the bible are more easily read than witnessed. (There is also a sex scene in this film; more weird than raunchy.) The Awakening is not even worth discussing. Utterly ridiculous, I am surprised I waited it out until the end. Watch it if you must, but realize that it will probably be your first and last time. Luckily, one dud movie in this collection should not spoil the whole thing.

The 2006 remake did not really cut it for me. I must admit that some scenes were more graphic and tended to scare me more than the original, but it was just strange. The trailer for that film is quite possibly the scariest I ever saw.

Another complaint is that my box case was ripped (it is only thin cardstock) and the plastic DVD case for The Omen special edition disc was also broken (the hinge will not stay together for disc 2).

(Even if you haven't seen some of the films, give it a try--it makes for a great marathon viewing!)
on December 1, 2006
Hard to tell from the description here, but per foxhome [dot] com, the set includes:

Disc 1: OMEN (2006)

Disc 2 and 3: THE OMEN COLLECTOR'S EDITION

Disc 4: OMEN II: DAMIEN

Disc 5: OMEN III: THE FINAL CONFLICT

Disc 6: OMEN IV: THE AWAKENING
on October 17, 2006
...if you haven't already seen The Omen and its sequels, you should watch at least the original. It is one of the creepiest movies you will ever watch. This set is agreat buy as it contains the original "The Omen" as well as its 3 sequels: The Omen II, The Omen III, and the Omen IV. As an added bonus it also contains The Omen (2006) remake. This is an excellent buy for the price, if you buy the remake and the original 2 Disc Collector's edition you are looking at $40 already, and this set is selling for less than that. It's a good addition to your library, and for the price it should not be passed up.
on December 30, 2014
Cool boxset for the price. The original Omen is by far the best. Omen 2 was really good and 3 at least wrapped it up. Omen 4 really not good but for a t.v movie it was decent I liked the rattlesnake death scene. The remake of the Omen should've never been made but then I could say that of about 90% of the remakes. Worth it though for the first three films. 5 stars for the first three films.
on June 5, 2012
It is exactly what I ordered! I wanted to find this in the store but NO ONE carried it. Walmart said it could have it shipped to a local store but in the end (after tax) it was going to be more money. It was shipped and received earlier than I had planned and that is never a bad thing. If you are into the Omen and want it cheap I would highly recommend this set-it even includes the most modern (2006) version.
on February 23, 2015
I watched these movies as a teenager on the television and was looking for these on DVD and was excited when I found all of the, on here for such a great price. My grandmother and I sit and watch these together when I visit her and she loves them as well. I would recommend these DVDs to others to watch as well.
on October 24, 2008
...because the condition of the DVD's is a big part of the review. But none of the reviewers have complained about the DVD's, so I guess they're ok. It's basically just the original Omen that matters; all the rest are merely along for the ride. The Omen was the only movie I've ever seen that actually scared me to where I checked all the windows and doors before going to bed - and I saw it on network TV, chopped up with tons of advertisements. As most of the other reviewers have noted, it was the atmosphere that, more than the actual events of the movie, created the sense of terror. And the graveyard sequence was absolutely the most terrifying scene of any movie I've ever watched. This movie, perhaps more than any other movie I can think of, demonstrates how little murder and mayhem is necessary to create a first rate horror film. It's not so much about what actually happens as it is about what the atmosphere makes you think might happen. And even when the very worst you can imagine doesn't happen, it's not a let down because it's still scary.