Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Concise Seduction (The Robert Greene Collection)
Safety Month BOTMKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Adele The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Format: Paperback|Change

on May 8, 2006
If you're getting this book as a way to manipulate strangers to go to bed with you, you don't need this book. You need something else.

On the other hand once you realize and accept the broader meaning of "seduction," which is to lead, guide, direct, influence another individual or individuals to willingly go along with your wishes, whether benevolent or not, this is your book.

For my part, I actually recognized the techniques people who manipluated me for years in the music business. People who seemed to work magic on me and my companions to get us to do things and perform for less than we should have and be glad to accept a gig that none of us wanted, etc etc. How'd they DO that? Now I know.

How does a national leader seduce his country into going to war? How does a cult leader seduce his or her followers into giving up good jobs, careers and wonderful familes in order to live under the rule of a boundless ego? How can a corporation be seduced? A community? A church? How can YOU be seduced? It's all laid bare in this book.

The Concise Art of Seduction is a Readers Digest of the full volume, which I also have. This one is a quicker read, which means you can began putting up your defenses NOW against that boss, manager, spouse(!) or whomever, and start seeing through the emperor's clothes of manipulation and seduction. You'll seem to have wisdom beyond your years, and will be able to protect yourself from the kind of victimization that takes in millions of otherwise intelligent but hapless people each day in our society. That's all I have to say about that.
0Comment|190 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 7, 2010
I love this book. Let me tell you a bit about myself; I have been told, my entire life how attractive I am by men and women, and yet, I always seem to end up with a broken heart. Of course, the men that I am not interested in chase me like crazy, but I don't want them, so it has always annoyed me and made me uncomfortable, and made me wonder... gosh how do I get the men that I WANT to act like the men that I DON'T want? What is the key? The men that I do want, always seem to be unattainable.... or, when I do get them, I get so nervous and try so hard that they eventually dump me. I have always marvelled at women who, physically, were less attractive than me, get the men that I wanted! I never understood it... until now. Look, I am not looking to use men or break anyone's heart, I just need an answer to my own heartbreaks and insecurities and nervousness around men that I really want to be in a relationship with. I don't want to be used, and I don't want to hurt anyone. This book is very empowering. It takes you out of your nervousness and puts you in your head, in control. It is like having something to occupy your mind when you are nervous... instead of using that nervous energy agains yourself, you have a plan, you are prepared, you can succeed. Think about our military, our police force, our fire departments... they train, and train, and train, so that when they are in those tough situations, they don't have time to panic and make a mistake that could cost them their lives, they fall back on their training and they are able to do courageous and amazing things. This book is a training manual. Not a training manual to manipulate, or hurt, but a manual to give you confidence and something to think about when you are about to; once again... blow it. This is a very important book here, we are talking about our lives. Finding love and happiness in a relationship is one of the most important thing in life... why not use a manual to help you do that? I don't agree with the critics who say that it helps people "manipulate". Not true. We all naturally manipulate, we are all children really, just trying to figure out how to get what we want... most of us just end up going about in a way that hurts us and hurts others. This helps us find love and keep love and keep it exciting. I especially loved chapter 20: "Mix pleasure and pain." It is okay to not be nice all the time! It is so exhausting to try so hard not to upset people and not to want to displease people.... only to find out that it has been backfiring! Of course you want to be sweet, but it is okay to speak your mind and stand up for yourself... not only is it okay, but it is attractive to the opposite sex. I am so glad that I bought this book. It is very freeing, honestly, this is a great book and an easy and entertaining read, but most importantly, can instill confindence and help to create a stronger person. *note* ha ha .... I have noticed a lot of things in this book that men have used on me! Now I know........ also empowering. Knowledge IS power :)
22 comments|112 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
As is only appropriate, this small volume is sleek and appealing, with a glossy cover that draws the eye. It begs to be opened. Go ahead - the reward is a bonbon box full of clever diversions that might be handy if you use them right, a bit naughty if you don't, and even slyly humorous if you catch the whiff of satire. The text is broken into small - dare one say it, intimate? - morsels that you can read in stolen snatches of time. Author Robert Greene's observations on how to seduce (that is, persuade) are bordered with quotations from authors, philosophers and lovers, all offering entertaining support. However, potential seducers should note two key points. First, while Greene delivers his advice in terms of sexual seduction, if you are careful and interpretative, you may be able to apply pieces of it to general persuasion, including in business. On the downside, many of his techniques are pointedly sexy, over-the-top, amoral or manipulative. We thus recommend this book to those who study human nature for its own sake and for fun; those who will apply or modify any techniques to attain power over others; or those with the self-discipline to glean the gems, but turn away from taking unethical or illegal advantage.
on June 11, 2006
Believe what you will, but seduction is a traumatic artform. It is in every way the same as war! You must be crafty, charismatic, and patient. Above all, you have to recognize the certain aspects of a person's character and be able to apply the laws taught in this book. Critics may not like the way the author uses the "war-like" metaphors, but it is all true. "All is fair in love and war" applies also to seduction.

This book is a great read and is also very true. Anyone who reads it WILL recognize some of the tactics in this book. You may have been seduced by someone using them, or have used them yourself. Either way, the book breaks down why they are so successfull and shows not only why they work, but also any reversal's that can be used against you. Read it with an open mind and see for yourself how the basic psychology of seduction can be used in everyday life. GET THE BOOK!
on January 1, 2015
Although the content of this book can sometimes appear downright manipulative and dangerous, it contains an extraordinary understanding of human psychology and what makes people tick. Highly recommended if you want to learn how to persuade and avoid being persuaded.
on April 14, 2013
Read both of Greene's books "The 48 Laws of Power" and "The Art of Seduction" and though more people rated 48 Laws as being a very good book, I claim that the Art of Seduction is better. The format of his writing is very similar, if not, identical. The points and steps towards power and how to seduce is undeniably accurate as I myself have experienced people throughout my life who have seduced me into a fantasy.. and seduction does not necessarily relate to love.. but is being influenced by a great power which consumes us into buying products.. being persuaded into voting for a particular cause.. being affected subconsciously to the whims of someone else's grasp..

The subject is fascinating.

There were many historical references as examples seduction. After reading 200 pages, the historical references started to become a bit of an annoyance for me since I like straight forward writing with few examples, but this book was also entertaining to read.

Beware though. It is cunning and manipulative material.
on March 16, 2016
This is an extremely powerful book!

Though that statement is pretty vague it is completely true. This is not your typical pua book that teaches you how to get laid, if your looking for that look elsewhere. This book is something different. It gives you a basic outline, of the whole entire world of seduction. Now, this knowledge can be used for good or bad, it is up to you to decide how you use it. Though, I recommend not trying to ruin peoples lives, because karma will come and get you back. With that being said, you may read this book, and wonder how do you actually use what it says, and to that I say, this book is an outline for a test, the test being that girl, you have all the study materials to help you get an A, but to actually get the A you must study the material and, master the art of seduction, failure to do so will result in a grade lower than an A, and your seduction may not work very well.A lot of the information in the book can be hard to understand, but once you completely, familiarize yourself with the contents of the book, and develop a unconscious competence, for all the material in the book, your ways of seducing will become those of a master seducer, add a little NLP, and speed seduction and any girl is yours. Due beware though this book is a tool, and a tool can be used for helping or hurting, whatever you do with the tool, can come back to provide you with abundance or karma. Make sure you know what your getting into before you delve into the world of seduction. Good Luck!
on April 22, 2015
I have a copy of the regular edition--which I never really got into reading, for some reason. So I bought the concise edition and read straight through, then went back to the original. There is some very important information left out of the concise version, which could lead one to the wrong conclusion unless one reads the original. It's a very funny book.
on November 2, 2005
I came across this book since it was referenced by some pickup-artists (very successful guys with women). All facts or laws (proven by history) outlined in this book match exactly the experiences of great pickup-artists.

It is not only suitable for success with women, the guidelines are also suitable to enhance many parts of your life. If wisely followed, you will have lots of success with chicks, your boss, colleagues, job interviews etc (at least did I). When reading the book, I even considered some parts in it as "dangerous", since it gives you so much power over other people.

Some people might see this as manipulation (negative), but I don't agree to this. The seductive character traits presented in the book are typically male and men are born with them. However, our society makes men behave too nice, which is not attractive. And, most men are too intelligent, they are thinking too much and never do the seductive counter-intuitive things. Does the stupid jerk manipulate? No, he's too stupid but he does the right things by instinct. If you present some of your weaknesses to other people, they will take advantage of it. So, it's better to not present any weaknesses, but to exploit the weaknesses of the others.

The concise edition with condensed information can be used as a workbook, for learning the things you later successfully apply in your life.
on May 14, 2016
What is concise seduction? Well it's a BS version of the real book. That's what it is!.......Isn't a book a book? Unfortunately. I bought this half a$$ cliff note version for the same price I could have gotten the full version for. I am SO mad. DONT BUY. This is a CLIFF NOTE VERSION. pointless