Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Confident Woman Devotional: 365 Daily Inspirations
Safety Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Melvins Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

on December 22, 2010
Let's face it. One of the main attributes women desire is confidence. But one of the main qualities most women lack is confidence --- confidence in our self-image, careers, and relationships with our husbands, kids, friends, in-laws and co-workers. While being secure in who God created us to be is ideal, unfortunately for most of us, that doesn't come easily. Past circumstances, unforgotten offenses and general character traits all play a part in how we see ourselves. And usually we don't see ourselves as the precious women we are. Our insecurities prevent us from living the confident and victorious life God intends for us.

Who better to encourage women about living a confident life than Joyce Meyer, one of the world's leading practical and contemporary Bible teachers and bestselling inspirational authors. Meyer has written dozens of books that have helped millions of Christian women overcome the toughest obstacles, discover a deeper relationship with Christ in the process, and emerge victorious.

Meyer knows a thing or two about confidence. When she was sexually abused as a child, her self-esteem flat-lined, and she spent years in a state of shame and condemnation. By the grace of God, she has come to learn that the horrendous acts a man committed against her when she was a little girl were not her fault, nor did they define who she is as a person. She has risen above that experience, and today is the perfect picture of a well-balanced, confident woman in Christ.

THE CONFIDENT WOMAN DEVOTIONAL is a spin-off from Meyer's #1 New York Times bestseller, THE CONFIDENT WOMAN. This compact devotional includes 365 brief inspirations about the issues most prevalent for women today that directly affect their self-confidence. Some of the topics covered include: Being good enough. Learning from mistakes. Breaking the cycle. Letting go of the past. Taking responsibility. Developing potential. Avoiding burnout. Speaking the truth. Finding true freedom. Enjoying God's best.

If you're looking for an in-depth devotional filled with lengthy and complex readings, you won't find it here. The entries you'll find are very brief --- only two or three paragraphs --- but are packed with potent truths. This book may be the perfect choice for the woman who wants a quick yet powerful read on a concept she can grab hold of every morning before heading to the office or getting the kids up for school. There's a nice mix of devotional styles, some jumping right into the Word and others taking on a more personal tone as Meyer draws from her own experience. Each daily reading includes a scripture, followed by a brief encouragement, and ending with a one- or two-sentence prayer.

Meyer is known for her frank, kick-in-the-pants teaching, and this book is no exception. She tells it like it is, yet her words are always coated in love. Since she's "been there, done that," there's never a sense that she's "talking down" to you or being judgmental. In very few words, she manages to slam home a point in an easy-to-understand manner that will likely stick with you long after you've finished reading. Research (and the Bible) has shown that what we choose to think about sets the course for the day and, ultimately, our lives. If one of your goals is to put off insecurities and become more confident in the new year, this book can definitely put you on the right track.

Meditating on the inspirations laid out in THE CONFIDENT WOMAN DEVOTIONAL will surely leave you feeling positive and encouraged every day. By the end of the year, you may just develop a Godly self-assurance that will enable you to be the confident woman God created you to be.

--- Reviewed by Lynda Schab ([...])
11 comment|70 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 20, 2010
Straight forward - that's the way I like things to be told to me.

Don't beat around the bush or tell me some long strung out story. Just tell it to me straight.

That's why I love Joyce Meyers. I always enjoy sitting and watching her TV shows and have gleaned so much from her Amplified Bible.

So I wasn't surprised to enjoy her new Devotional for Women.

Joyce provides encouragement and tools to help and resolve problems in areas that woman struggle the most. In her straight forward way, Joyce guides the reader through scriptures and devotions that will help build their confidence - not only in themselves, but in their walk with the Lord.
on December 3, 2015
I purchased this devotional over a year ago because I have always struggled with self confidence. When I first began it, I was drawn in and challenged every day by the words on the page, the scriptures shared, and the prayers suggested. However, as I got further along in the devotional, I realized that so many of the days lack the substance necessary to be effective. The devotionals are very short, which, on some days was nice since I didn't have a lot of time to read it. But other days it left me feeling like I needed much more. I have attached a picture of one day in particular where I was very disappointed. You'll notice that the first half of the devotion for that day is just an anecdote from Joyce's life, and the second part is a tip on how to do better in a job interview. There's no mention of God, or the Bible verse, or how God can help us overcome fear with knowledge. This particular devotion, like so many of the other days in this book, is shallow with no deeper digging whatsoever. I wouldn't recommend this book if you are looking for something that will truly challenge you and will also help you grow closer to God.
review image
on December 18, 2011
Unexpectedly facing divorce, I found myself lacking confidence and skills for daily living -- especially financial and job-related skills such as long-term financial planning, asking for a salary increase, facing on-the-job competition, handling conflicts, etc. After attending Dave Ramsey courses at my church as well as other courses related to budgets, finance, and the workplace, I gradually acquired a basic set of "survival" skills. I still lacked confidence, however -- both as a Christian and as a woman.

I found this book in the grocery store, bought-it on a whim, and love it. Since then, I have ordered copies from Amazon and given them to several friends and to my cousin. Like me, one friend, in particular, has found it to be one of the best daily devotional books that she has ever received. She often comments about how valuable the book has been to her.

Joyce Meyer is a confident Christian. She does not seem to struggle with indecisiveness and doubt; she has learned how to draw from spiritual resources and her personal strength. As she shares her reflections and problem-solving strategies from a Christian perspective, she imparts a lot of practical wisdom and a "spirit of confidence" that is very helpful.

I would recommend this book to every woman -- not just to Christian women. Every daily reading is useful. Since the book often includes Biblical verses that relate specifically to women, I am not sure whether a man would enjoy the book -- but certainly the wisdom and encouragement that Joyce Meyer shares is useful for all people.
on November 28, 2010
This 365 day devotional for women is another example of Joyce Meyer's outstanding ministry. It is scripturally sound, easy to read, and uplifting. Each page includes a scripture, message, and prayer. Devotions are short and to the point--a quick way to start the day in a positive way.

Topics address areas of interest to women: self-confidence and building strong relationships.

This is a beautiful volume that would fit into a tote/purse and would also make a lovely gift.
on January 7, 2016
Only 7 days into reading this devotional and already I've learned so much. I love Joyce Meyer. She puts words down on paper that explain things so that I will understand them. Everything I've read so far as really hit home. Sometimes we get so busy taking care of others that we forget about the most important person, ourselves. This is a great book for women. Give it a try. You won't be sorry.
on April 8, 2016
When it comes to Joyce Meyer and her products especially her books I never know what to expect I can't say I love her,but I can't say I hate her either.I do know that it can be very,very difficult for me to listen to any cds or tapes of hers don't care to much for her voice.However her book The Confident Woman as well as this devotional book very empowering some days of the week messages more empowering then others.It's soo empowering that I will probably use it next year or the year after and I am not the time of person who would normally use the day daily type of book year after year unless the book really spoke to me.This book is especially good for someone for someone who is afraid to speak their mind,do there own thing without worrying about what other people think of them,and feel like they are being taking advantage of by other people especially if you are female.I will admit that's not really me at least most of the time anyway,but even so every daily message was still a comfort to me and I am glad I bought it.
on February 20, 2015
Overall, I like this devotional. Obviously it gets a bit repetitive since it's mostly about building confidence. However, I do struggle with anybody that gives advice saying that if you don't like your current job or how you are being treated then you should just quit and trust that God will take care of you. I'm sorry, but I can't agree with statements like that. Otherwise, I like that the author doesn't assume that the reader is married or has kids. The writings are applicable to females pretty much all across the board. It's a great way to start the day.
on January 3, 2016
Somehow, Joyce always knows exactly what is troubling me or what issues I am trying to iron out. This is an uplifting devotional that really makes you feel that you have a reason to be here and God has a plan for you. I loved it, and have gifted it to at least eight friends at this point.
on February 22, 2015
Truly speaks to the woman's heart. The first devotional I have ever used. Loved it so much, bought as gifts for my sister and my mom. Short, brief encouragement each day; power=packed words and scripture. Love it! Start your day with 5 minutes in this book, and your day will be brighter. Really gets to the matters of women's struggles, and is very encouraging. Cannot recommend it more!