Most helpful critical review
9 of 12 people found the following review helpful
Great photos and talks about refugiums
on January 4, 2011
- I like how it shows a 55 gallon in 3 setups: FISH ONLY, FOWLR, REEF.
- Cites most expensive costs are consumables like water, frozen food, selcon additive, electric.
- Cites wide/shallow tanks are better than tall/narrow tanks.
- Doesn't compare LED lights to flourescent. I was looking for an answer as to how much LED is needed be equivalent to a flourescent light that I currently have.
- Why waste pages about underground filters and in-tank box filters when noone uses it anymore? This is not a 1970s book!
- I disagree that Heniochus and long-nose butterfly are hardy fish...maybe they are if they were in a tank where no other fish bothers them.
- I only found the first 83 pages useful out of a 425 pages book.
- Does not mention inline heaters.
I recommend the book "The Marine Reef Aquarium" as the better book.