Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on September 22, 1999
I read this cover to cover and liked most every essay in it. I had heard about many of these conspiracies, but only in headline fashion. These articals dig deeper and give the reader insight as to where the various allegations arose from. It's easy to say "the CIA started AIDS" or this group or that group was responsible for funnelling crack cocaine into the ghetto, but here a reader can see the stories and logic surrounding the allogations. Some of the articals were a bit brief and the one concerning the Apocalypse seemed out of place, but the rest should serve as a good springboard by which enthusiasts can begin research of their own.
Conspiracy reader is a collection done by various authors. I guess you could consider me a conspiracy type person. One of the reasons, is that history has shown that on more than one occasion, our government has lied to us. It usually takes 25 to 50 years before we really told the truth. I worked in the field of security, I study people, their reactions and needed truthful answers. When someone gives me an explanation, I want all of my questions to be answered and not have any lingering doubts. An example referring to the book, is the chapter on TWA flight 800. It talks of the discrepancy when FDA agent Kallstrom talked about the concept of friendly fire. I remember watching him on television strongly admonishing the military for not answering any of his questions. The next day I remember him changing his attitude 180°, with body language looking like someone would been chewed out by their boss. I found it difficult to respect and believe him after that event.The chapter on flight 800, as well as other chapters. in the book point to other irregularities that have always worried me. You should use this book as a tool to see if you like any of these authors. You should read a couple books, for and against each of these theories. If you have time, you should try to find a couple books that are on the fringe of the theory as well.
on August 8, 2014
I have not yet read this book, but I like this subject. So I'm sure I will like it.
on August 3, 1999
Al Hidell and Joan D'Arc are probably the hippest of the various conspiracy researchers and compilers.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon November 28, 2003
Haven't read any of this conspiracy stuff for some time;so thought I'd give this book a go.Nothing has changed,just the same old rehashed babble.Take UFO's for instance,the same old stuff is still being regurgitated from what I read 30 years ago.The only things that change are the names, places and the proponents of these wacky accusations and fanatical suppositions.
It's amazing that they have kept this up for so long and after all this time nothing has been proven.Maybe it's another government conspiracy that keeps these writers going.It takes one to know one.
They even dump on Erich von Daniken,calling him an amateur;at least I found his enjoyable supposition.This book would like you to think that they have things figured out;sprinkling words like science,research,analysis,experts, study,etc.,throughout the text in an attempt to give it some credibility.
This book was published in 1998,but don't be fooled ,a lot of this stuff is just a rehash from decades ago.Just because some conspiracy theorist makes a statement,backed up by some 'expert',doesn't make it so.
Maybe I'll check back in a few years,but I don't expect to find anything new.
on May 6, 2013
I'm as willing as the next person to read about a good conspiracy theory, but this ludicrous book just screams CUCKOO! on every page. We start with the Lee Harvey Oswald look-alike who died in his place. Did you know that J. Edgar Hoover ordered the Chappaquiddick accident to destroy Ted Kennedy's career? John Lennon was killed by a CIA operative.

Crop circles! UFOs! LSD experiments! Laboratory AIDs! A preserved alien body in Puerto Rico! The Knights Templar! Onassis' two children were murdered! The Vietnam War was about smuggling heroin into the US in order to destroy the inner cities! Yitzhak Rabin's murder! The Catholic Church!!!!!

I finally gave up. Do not waste your time or money on this silly nonsense.
on June 26, 1999
I just finished throwing this book in the trash. I started noticing a trend in many of the articles - bash the Catholic Church. They blame some sinister church conspiracy for almost every strange happening that occurs. It seems that was their agenda in compiling this book.