5.0 out of 5 stars Another transformative book by Joel Goldsmith, August 7, 2009
I have been reading Joel Goldsmith for many years. I was thrilled
to find at least one of his books for my Kindle. Frankly, I wish
they were all available. It was the clincher to even buying my
Kindle in the first place...I had hoped that at least one Goldsmith
book was offered, and Thank God it is.
I'm going to review this differently than most would. I find
that reading Goldsmith is like a private lesson in soul development.
I find that its a layering process, like multiple glazes on a beautiful piece of pottery. When you put it in the kiln, you don't
know exactly what color will emerge.
So I can't tell you what you'll get if you read Goldsmith. I can
just suggest that if you are sincere, and ready for him, you'll
probably get more enlightened, holy, sensitive, aware and peaceful.
But probably not all at once. And probably you won't remember every
word you read.
It has a strange effect on me. Every time I pick it up, its like
a new book. Because I am entering the material at a new place in life. Its like the old saying, you can't put your foot into the
same place in the river, because new water is flowing by that spot.
There are Goldsmith purists who may parse words or tell you that
you're reading the wrong "translation" or "edition", or someone
"tainted" the material. I say, bully for them. But when I read
Goldsmith, I am always healed and opened and inspired.
And once you've read one, you'll probably, if you're ready,
want more. You might get around to Thunder of Silence or the Hawaii
Hotel Talks. Oh my! Rich food indeed for the seeking soul!
Venture inward if you want something different than the traditional dogmatic pap that many spiritual books offer. Once you've
had the finest of wine, you may never drink Ripple again. (But thats
just my opinion!).

5.0 out of 5 stars The Contemplative Life, August 18, 2001
Betty Carr (Irving, Tx USA) - See all my reviews
This is an excellent book. I started the practice of Centering Prayer 4 months ago as a meditation practice and I call it my Prozac. This book elaborates on ways to meditate. We are having a Sunday School class on The Infinite Way by this author. This is the first book, I have read by him and plan to read many of his other books. This book has really helped me to understand a better way to meditate and pray. I have found that the things he outlines in this book, letting go and letting God and not trying to be in control or telling God what to do, really do work and makes life so much easier. He also displays a fine sense of humour in this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Basic!, June 28, 2010
This review is from: The Contemplative Life (Paperback)
I've been resonating with writings of Joel Goldsmith since 1987 and have all of his books in print (I think). It seems I can open to any page in his works and feel a connection to the Divine. I've always loved The Contemplative Life and it is the only Joel Goldsmith book in Kindle edition. I wanted a Joel book on my Kindle so I could reference it no matter where I was! Just finished reading it again -- it takes me a while as all his works seem to send me into reverie/meditation. To me, he really covers the basics of individual connection with the DIvine! A wonderful reminder! I wish more of his works were available to Kindle!
Ann Johnson, Ashland, OR

5.0 out of 5 stars Always inspiring, July 29, 2012
A. Nelson (Monroe, New York United States) - See all my reviews
I find all of Joel Goldsmith's books inspirational. He refers to some of his other writings in this book and I did order and receive one of them and found an additional great source for contemplation and understanding(Infinite Letters 1958). As with most of Joel's books there is repetition which I welcome gladly....if you enjoy Joel Goldsmith's writings, this book will not disappoint you.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Well Worthwhile Read for Spriritual Path Seekers, May 27, 2011
This review is from: The Contemplative Life (Paperback)
Joel S. Goldsmith wrote "The Contemplative Life" back in the early nineteen-sixties but it is as timely if not more timely for readers today.

A sensible well thought out approach which address problems experienced by many who are disallusioned or confused from their experiences with organized religions and even "cult cures", "The Contmplative Life" provides balm for what spiritually ails at least some part of humanity.

This book rings to us like the real thing, demands nothing of the reader except willingness to seek and find a personal spiritual solution. A well worthwhile read and very accessible thanks to the efficiency of the folks at Amazon.com The Contemplative Life

We found a great read to follow this up with to be: The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment by Eckhart Tolle. Both books were suggested to us by dear friends who have traveled their own respective spiritual journeys. Peace, Love and Serenity.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Contemplative Life, June 15, 2009
This book explained in detail what was happening in my life. The extraordinary events of small things such as asking a question and the answer came almost immediately via some mode such as a telephone call. Many others like that that benefited me and others that told me to give. A wonderful way to live. God's economy and way.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thanks for Joel Goldsmith, December 4, 2009
I am extremely thankful that this book was available on Kindle. I wish all of Joel's books were available. This book inspires me, as do all of his works. I would highly recommend this book to anyone who wants to realize their closeness with God in their life.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my favorites, May 18, 2014
I really got so much from this book! It was truly inspiring to me and think it a must read for anyone studying the works of Goldsmith.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book!, December 16, 2013
This book really is helpful in contemplating all the wonders of God. All of Mr. Goldsmith's books are so enlightening.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hard truths!, September 29, 2013
This book has helped me come to terms with and understand my own shifting level of consciousness. It has provided numerous answers to my growing awareness of the truth of "once I was blind, but now I see". This kind of truth makes people uncomfortable because many of us are not ready for the unitive Christ consciousness. The "us vs them" mind, evil vs good way of believing and thinking is the infancy of awareness that we prefer. This book will turn your world upside down and leave you right side up!

The Contemplative Life
The Contemplative Life by Joel S. Goldsmith (Paperback - August 18, 1998)
$15.00 $13.50