Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon The Jayhawks Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now Learn more

Format: Paperback|Change

on April 16, 2013
Sue Tompkins is a great writer and I really had immense use of The aspects book. I was very excited about this one but then I discovered it's a beginners book.Energies are described in scenarios rather then pure meaning, which I am sure make them more understandable for many but truth is I was expecting something more from this book. It's a great book and a definitely must have in your shelf if you just began your journey in astrology, but if you are familiar with the symbolism this may not be for you.
on May 23, 2011
I've been seriously studying astrology for the last twenty years and have read most of the books. This book by Sue Tompkins along with her other one Aspects in Astrology is a must to have on your bookshelf. Particularly 'Aspects in Astrology'. This one, 'The Contemporary Astrologers Handbook', has a lot of the basics and very good on the planetary energy house interpretations. I liked her house interpretation which is a departure from the usual cook book styles seen written on the same subject. She is a great writer it has helped me understand on deeper levels.
on January 20, 2011
Sometimes, even if you are an experienced and skilled astrologer, you need a good basic textbook which delineates the underpinning or our art. Why? To compare its content with those of similar books edited 10 to 20 years ago: it allows to graps if the field and its tools of analysis has evolved and progressed.
Yes, the book of Sue fills this need and I may recommend it to novice and skilled astrologers; it is convenient to study it in deep, and to have it on your bookshelf, even if a great part of its content can be found in others didactic published documentations. By the way, did our understanding of astrology evolve tremendously? Not sure....
on March 12, 2013
Seems to be great information for anyone interested in astrology, no matter what their experience level. I have only recently begun studying, so some of the information was a little advanced for me, but I skipped around and read what I understood, and then went back and studied parts I wasn't as familiar with.
on November 24, 2015
Another excellent book by Sue Tompkins! She's an excellent author and has a great sense of humor that comes through in her writing. She's VERY through, and that is one of the things I like about her and her perspective. I can't wait for her next book! I highly recommend this one, its an enjoyable read, and she's very articulate, concise and clear, every astrologer, no matter what their level can gain from her insights.
on September 25, 2015
This is an excellent guide for both the beginner and the more experienced astrology. Very well written and easy to understand. Some great insights can be gather. I use her book as a reference very frequently.
on July 13, 2013
This is a great general book on astrology. It gives the basic/intermediate concepts of the Zodiacs, Planets, Astroids, Description of house with planets, and planetary combinations/aspects. I started reading this book with knowing little about Astrology. The book is not bias on what type of astrology charts to use or methods. There are no dates for the Zodiacs, so it is left to the reader to decide what they consider Aries, Taurus, etc. I have been studying from this book since I bought it about 5 months ago. I use it with all my other astrology books to check myself. I say this because certain authors are good at explaining other areas. So it is always a good idea to keep multiple books around when learning Astrology. You can learn to read personalities from the Natal chart with this book. Have patience when learning. The results are beautiful. This book is definitely contemporary.
on May 20, 2011
Just like any book by Sue Tompkins this one is great, written in an easy to read, easy to understand language, this great teacher of Astrology has done it again with this outstanding book.
on August 3, 2011
Sue Tompkins demonstrated to be a very experienced and serious astrologer that goes beyond the usual superficial interpretation and guidance. The book is introductory, but is indicated not only for beginners but also for those that are looking for a more broad approach to astrology.
on February 21, 2014
An interesting read and comparison resource to be added to the library of one who is tired of the daily horoscope and wants to figure out their own life. A great book to add to my astrology library.