5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent cake decorating education!
Please note: This book, as well as "The Contemporary Cake Decorating Bible: Over 150 Techniques and 80 Stunning Projects" are one and the same; this review is based on that book. Why the difference, I don't know.

Anyways, back to this book. Just 2 words for you............BUY IT!!! Just get out your wallet and purchase this fabulous book; you'll have no regrets...
Published on October 13, 2011 by Toni

3.0 out of 5 stars should be called "The Fondant Bible"
I bought this book for a friend who is starting a cake business. We were disappointed that of the 160 pages, only about 30 pages didn't feature or deal with fondant decorating or some similar form of cake covering. I had previewed the contents before ordering and the word "Fondant" isn't even mentioned.
If you want to know about this form of cake covering (fondant)...
Published on August 19, 2012 by joeymcfur

‹ Previous | 1 2 310 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous Pictures, April 8, 2014
This review is from: The Contemporary Cake Decorating Bible: Over 150 Techniques and 80 Stunning Projects (Paperback)
The recipes were given in grams/liters having to convert the measurements to the American metric system before starting the process.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I need!, January 20, 2012
The illustrations are good, easy on the eye, superb layout, easy to follow steps, and the (author's) final results looks absolutely amazing. The innovative design and techniques got me really inspired, and I can't wait to try all the recipes. I'm NOT easily impressed, but this is a "wow". Even my husband thought so, and he hasn't baked anything in his life.
The ingredient lists are both in metric and imperial units, which is a huge plus for accuracy when needed. Grams and ml= awesome. The only thing that annoys me is that I didn't buy this sooner, I could have saved a lot of money from all the awful decorating books I bought first. This is the only book I need.

5.0 out of 5 stars susieq, March 11, 2012
Wow!!!! Any cake decorator and especially new decorators should put this book first on the list of "must have" as a valuable resource. From front to back it is filled with ideas I would never have thought of our dreamed of doing.

Lindy Smith writes her instructions in such great detail and are easy to follow. She explains the necessary tools needed to complete gum paste and numerous projects. There are also ideas on how to make embossers and many other homemade "tools." This alone will pay for the cost of her informative book. Many, many unique projects and done so beautifully done. Now, if I had a small fraction of her talent. The thing is, she makes the reader feel as if anything can be learned and mastered.

Since my area of the country is so limited on decorating classes (if at all) it puts me at the kindness of the good tutorial writers who took us tiemt o learn. So when this book come around that offered new and easy ideas and project I was like a kid in a candy store. Be ready to spend lots of time learning and enjoying your new cake decorating skills that can be carried over to your new ideas!!!!!!

I went back and forth several times trying to decide if I wanted to purchase another cake book. Quite honestly the reason it was purchased was to be eligible for the super saver shipping costs offered through Amazon. However, I did read other reviews and was convinced (thank you other reviewers) this was sure to be a good investment. And it was. Lindy and Debbie Brown are my two all time favorite authors. Any book they write will be in my library. There is always room for a few new books if anyone can share with me.

Since my area of the country is so limited on decorating classes it puts me at the mercy of the good tutorial writers. So when this book come around that offered new and easy ideas and project I was like a kid in a candy store. Be ready to spend lots of time learning and enjoying your new cake decorating skills that can be carried over to your new ideas!!!!!! Again, this book is a MUST for all you cake decorators who do not own a copy!!!!

3.0 out of 5 stars learned new techniques but..., October 12, 2012
I have some knowledge in decorating but was able to learn new things in modern decor for baking goods with this book. My issue is that it isn't always easy to follow.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lots of techniques., January 2, 2013
Amazon Customer "forever39" (Washington State via California) - See all my reviews
The techniques used are explained very well. The author makes making beautiful cakes, cupcakes, and cookies something a novice would enjoy attempting.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book!, February 3, 2012
I have lots of cake decorating books and this is one of my favs!!! You can't go wrong with this one!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book to own, March 29, 2013
This is a really wonderful book to own. It is more intermediate and advanced than beginning. The only down side is that you can't do everything in this book unless you invest in a lot of special cutters, plus there are a couple of really neat things she's done that get only a passing nod as to instructions. Not with standing that, I still recommend it as one to have in your cake library. It is the best of all her books. Lots of nice ideas for cakes and clear instructions.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Amazing!, July 16, 2013
After looking through the book, I immediately wanted to start baking cakes and learning all the different techniques. It has so many different tips and advice that my very first cake decorating experience went pretty smoothly. I love how throughout the book it has pictures of different types of cakes, then at the end it has how to's on all of them. It was definitely a great buy, and I would recommend this book to all cake decorators!

5.0 out of 5 stars She takes decorating to a whole new level, June 3, 2013
I loved the book because Lindy was generous, showing a lot of her work and techniques.
The book is filled with photos to help you through the steps.
She also use many techniques outside the box and I wonder if she had worked as a polymer clay artist before baking. There are embossing, stamping, stencilling, painting, patterns and even millefiore...so complete !
I totally recomend it !

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant book, May 3, 2014
Briliant book..... great for learning. Tried some ideas from the book and they turned out really well. For somebody trying to learn its a great start.

‹ Previous | 1 2 310 | Next ›