Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

Format: Spiral-bound|Change

on June 5, 2012
I just received this cookbook today. I wasn't expecting it to be that great because I couldn't imagine that many recipes having cookie dough in them. But when I took the book out of the box I was pleasantly surprised to see how thick it is, full of cookie dough recipes and desserts with the dough in them. At that point I was very excited to try out the basic chocolate chip cookie dough recipe, and it was SOOO good! I've tried other egg-less cookie dough recipes before, but this one is definitely the best. It was even better several hours later, after being refrigerated. The book has other cookie dough recipes as well, such as peanut butter, oatmeal raisin, chocolate chocolate chip, and sugar. Then the rest of the book has pages and pages of desserts with cookie dough in them. To name a few... Cookie Dough Cheesecake Bars, Cookie Dough Truffles, Cookie Dough Doughnuts, Cookie Dough Brownies, Cookie Dough Cake, Cookie Dough S'mores, Cookie Dough Ice Cream, Cookie Dough Marshmallows. I am a cookie dough freak - I'll eat anything with cookie dough and like the author, I can't get enough! I will be trying many of these recipes (probably all of them)!

The best thing about this cookbook is that it has a photo of EVERY recipe. I hate when I can't see a photo of what I'm making. This is also a spiral-bound book, which makes it easy to stay on the page you're reading.
I don't normally write a review of a product so soon after receiving it, before I've had the time to really use it. But in this case I thought I should let everyone know how insanely good the cookie dough is and it's worth it just for that! :) If you love all things cookie dough, then you must buy this book! I'll update this review later, after I've tried the dessert recipes.
on July 13, 2012
This is an absolutely beautiful and well constructed book! It looks like a normally bound book on the outside, flip it open and it reveals it has a convenient spiral binding for the recipe pages. The pages are sturdy and look like they will survive the occasional spill and splatter. The photos (at least one for each recipe) are lovely and clearly show what the cookie, truffle, cake, etc. can look like. The tips and techniques are good and the down-to-earth way the book is written makes it easy to follow. I bought it as a gift for a friend -- now I want a copy for me!
on July 31, 2012
This is me. I probably eat about 2 cookies worth of dough before it's all said and done. And then I don't want the cookies. lol So when Quirk sent me this cookbook, I was over the moon!

So you know I got busy...well once I remembered to pick up the stuff. I didn't want just chocolate chips, I wanted something that was just for me. I bought toffee bits and mini chocolate chips (these are what Lindsay recommends for the chocolate chip cookie dough). At the beginning of the book she has the recipe for the chocolate chip cookie dough and after that she has all the cool things you can do with it.

I thought it was going to be a huge batch, but really it probably would have made about a dozen of these little balls. I used my trusty ice cream scoop that I use when I bake cookies. The boys enjoyed it as much as I did, although we all thought it was too sweet. So next time I will use less sugar.

I also want to try the edible peanut butter cookie dough. And yes, with the peanut butter dough she has a recipe for Peanut Butter cups. YUM! Now the minute I find chocolate worth melting, I will be trying these! And there are candies that I would describe as a kind of truffle...just balling up the dough and pouring chocolate over it.

On the cover there are conversion charts. She offers suggestions on equipment and ingredients. Her introduction is well written, so you get to know the author before you jump into her recipes. And her recipes are pleasing to the eye and easy to follow. On the page with the chocolate chip cookie dough she has some variations including how to go vegan and gluten-free. Oh wow - Oatmeal Raisin...wonder if CW would eat it.

Do I recommend this cookbook? Yes, it's fun for grownups like me who enjoy cookie dough. It would also easily be something you can do with your kids, the recipes are simple and relatively little cooking is involved.
on June 28, 2013
Every time I make a recipe from this book, people go wild! I've made the cookie dough brownies and the chocolate chip cookie sandwiches thus far. There are quite a few (easy) steps to follow to make these recipes, in general, so if you're looking for quick recipes, this is not a cookbook for you. However, everything tastes excellent, and I always get compliments. In fact, a 9-year-old boy requested it for his birthday present after I loaned it to his mother!
Not everything is cookie dough; some recipes are "inspired by the flavors of cookie dough," such as puddings, custards, and popsicles. I look forward to making the popsicles this summer!
on March 25, 2013
This book was ok. I did find a cool peanut butter cup recipe but it doesn't compare to a regular ol' "Reese" by any means. Also, i'm not very impressed with many of the cookie doughs. My mom is a chef and baking was always a big part of my life. I thought the mixtures were odd really made some of the recipes a little dry. The ideas are fun but you'll need to tweak them to offer a richer, smoother or creamier dough.
on September 16, 2014
I stumbled across this book and immediately ordered it...I love cookie dough more than almost any other treat! And the book has so many recipes and ideas for it, I am delighted. Not everyone shares my love of the stuff but for those who do, try this book. The recipes showcase cookie dough with no raw egg to risk illness, and has several varieties such as classic chocolate chip, sugar, gingerbread and other doughs. I've even come up with a few ideas of my own, thanks to the inspiration provided by the book. And yummy photography to show us what the finished recipes should look like.
on December 29, 2015
Bought this for my daughter as a Christmas present. She is the premier cookie-dough lover and has had this on her wish list for a long time. She was ecstatic and insisted I look through it after she opened it. I had no idea it was so comprehensive. Plus, it has photos of the items, a feature I really enjoy in cookbooks. As my daughter has checked this cookbook out of the library numerous times, I know she loves it and will be glad to finally have her very own copy.
on October 28, 2013
I am a person who doesn't like too much sweetness, I noticed most of the other reviewers gave the book five stars. I love it when I bake, because I get to lick the bowl.

I was excited to receive the book, but noticed many of the recipes, were very similar, with slight variations. I tried a couple of the recipes, and did like them, but not enough to make them again, they were overly sweet for me. Sadly I was so disappointed, I gave the book away.

If you love really sweet cookie dough, this is probably for you.
on September 20, 2012
This is a nice change from the normal baking books. I really like the concept of safe cookie dough so I can make it for my kids and not worry if they're going to get sick. I have tried the chocolate covered sugar cookie pops and thought that the sugar cookie dough tasted a little floury by itself but when it's paired with the chocolate you don't notice it. I was a little disappointed but I am going to try some other recipes. Aside from that I think this is a good read and good for your baking collection.
on June 15, 2012
This cookbook is just adorable. The photography is beautiful and the recipes are clever and SO delicious. Just be warned, cookie dough lovers: the delicious, safe-to-eat-raw spoils might not make it past the mixing bowl. Luckily, that's completely allowed.

A must for every modern (un)baker's collection! Would make a great gift for a bride this summer.