Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Corgi Chronicles
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:$2.99

on May 24, 2013
I own a Corgi. I LOVE said Corgi. I also LOVE to read. So, a story starring a Corgi is a win win for me. This book is adorable. A fun read for a young adult as well as a Corgi loving middle aged adult! Not sorry I bought this one and have recommended it to many friends who all enjoyed it as well. I even read it to the grand children, who also loved it. Especially my grand daughter.
on May 14, 2013
When I was in elementary school my reading diet consisted of books just like THE CORGI CHRONICLES, except there were decidedly fewer choices available to me at the time. This is the perfect novel to help a young kid get into the world of elves, dwarves, and fey without dumping Tolkien on them before the fourth grade; its bold use of fantasy tropes is a plus in this case. The prose is tight and well-paced, respecting its readers' intelligence while remaining easily followed.

The book follows the adventures of a corgi named Pippin, an average house dog with a secret: he's the faithful steed to a fairy! Based loosely off Welsh mythology, THE CORGI CHRONICLES will delight young girls and boys alike with healthy doses of age-appropriate adventure and the lovable fluffiness of Pippin.

Be prepared to discuss the ideas of greed and anger, along with the reasons good must sometimes be fought for. I highly recommend this book for kids younger than ten or eleven years old.
on May 7, 2013
This book is a unique addition to the fairy books on the market right now, in that it touches upon true Welsh mythology: Corgi's are fairy steeds! The action was engaging and the pace perfect. I read it before but am now buying copies for my two girls and I to read together. They enjoy anything animal and anything fairy! I also heard the author is a vet in real life and owns a Corgi herself! Anyone who enjoys dogs and fairies (i.e. every little girl on planet earth and possibly some girls on other planets--undecided) will tear through this little gem. A fun book!
on June 13, 2013
This is an imaginative adventure that combines fiction with a dose of reality/fact and suits both girls and boys. Our two grade-schoolers loved the fast-moving story, and they especially loved the main character! Our son thinks this story should be a movie. I have to agree--I would love to see this on the big screen.
on July 20, 2013
My 14 year-old daughter is a dog lover and she couldn't wait to get her hands on this book! She loved the corgi and all his adventures, but her one complaint was, "It was too short! Is there going to be a sequel?"
on May 26, 2015
I love how this book got so in depth with the fantastical elements scattered everywhere. I also love how the author kind of gives you the idea that your Corgi could very well be a fairy dog; don't fret if they disappear for months at a time, and come back with mysterious articles like emerald necklaces! I really enjoy the excellent wording throughout the story as well, being one myself who likes to write and feels pleasure seeing that same passion in others. I gave the book its rating because a) of all the reasons bs above and b) is still just an amazing contribution to the ever-growing library of fantasy books. I would definitely recommend this to anyone who wants a good read, and is willing to go through all the "emotional trauma" that comes from reading a book that is so exhilarating it makes you want to sing. Even if the mere idea of reading absolutely repulses you, I would for sure want to read this book.
on October 10, 2015
I loved this. Pippen, the corgi is very bright and since the story is told through his eyes you get a unique view. All the characters are enchanting. The adventure is something anyone would enjoy, young or old. Please explore this world you won't be sorry you did.
on January 7, 2014
I have to confess that I do love all things corgi. This story is great if you have kids to read to aloud. It's a charming tale about small supernatural creatures that ride corgis and go on an adventure for the forces of good. Adults who know the legends of Welsh Corgis will find it a fun quick read. I took it with me when I had a long wait and it made a waiting room a lot more fun.
on July 1, 2014
This is a whimsical book that the whole family can enjoy, especially us Corgi owners. It's a delightful and sometimes dramatic tale of the faithful Pippin, his Fairy rider and an evil force that has set out to destroy all magic.
on July 21, 2013
This book is great and well written. I loved it! I also loved it because of the corgi, which is always a plus.