--Elliott Masie, The MASIE Center
From the Back Cover
The Corporate University Workbook
Align Your Employees' Skills with Your Corporate Objectives by Building a Corporate University!
The Corporate University Workbook gives you everything you need to create an effective, systematic learning infrastructure within your organization. As a result, you will develop employees who are capable of adapting to rapid changes and who deliver the results your business needs! This resource offers a dynamic combination of practical methodology, best practices, and step-by-step guidance. The Workbook, along with the Companion Website, are filled with the tools, templates, and activities you need to develop and implement a corporate university.
Build a corporate university in your organization and develop human talent in an effective and measurable manner. The Corporate University Workbook will help create a highly effective corporate university that will
- Identify your organization's competencies and skills
- Develop the specific development programs with internal or external formal training, experiential learning, and coaching
- Encourage the growth of informal learning communities
- Foster networking and the exchange of learning
- Help you build learning into the work process
- Disseminate and increase knowledge
- Help employees develop strong career choices and skills
- Anticipate the skills, competencies, and abilities your organization will need in the future
In addition, this important book offers trainers and HR professionals the information needed to overcome mistakes and avoid common pitfalls such as simply renaming the training function, focusing too much on curriculum, failing to get senior-level management buy-in, failing to adequately market to internal participants, overemphasizing technology, and empire building.
The Corporate University Workbook will be your hands-on resource for creating a training and learning environment today that will increase your organization's ability to meet its business goals tomorrow.
"This is a great read for learning professionals. It provides practical, usable strategies and approaches for enterprise learning."
Elliott Masie, The MASIE Center