Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Corrs - Unplugged
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

Format: DVD|Change

on February 26, 2005
It has taken awhile for The Corrs astonishing "Unplugged" performance to make it onto DVD in NTSC format but finally, the wait is over!!
Captured live in October 1999 before a studio audience in Ireland's Ardmore Studios, The Corrs deliver an outstanding up-close-and-personal performance in a small intimate setting. In addition to what was then their current hits, The Corrs also debut two songs from their album "In Blue" ("Radio" and "At Your Side") which are arguably superior than what would wind up on that studio album one year later.
Additionally, the band throws in some stellar renditions of traditional Irish tunes which show off the full scope of their musicianship as well as cover versions of their favorite songs - R.E.M.'s "Everybody Hurts", Fleetwood Mac's "Dreams", Jimi Hendrix's "Little Wing" and Thin Lizzy's "Old Town" - which are played in a way that only The Corrs can play them.
A genuine highlight of the entire performance would have to be the cover version of Jimmy McCarthy's "No Frontiers" in which Andrea Corr leaves the stage giving the vocal spotlight over to sisters Sharon and Caroline who give a stirring heartfelt performance here.
Definitely, this DVD was well worth the wait. This is arguably The Corrs best performance on video. Andrea's voice is strong and powerful throughout, Sharon's violin and vocal harmonies are flawless while Caroline and Jim show off amazing versitility by switching between different instruments during the show (Caroline plays drums, bodhran, percussion and piano, Jim switches between many guitars as well as piano). The band's strong back up from Anthony Drennan, Keith Duffy, Mitchell Froom and the Irish Symphonic Film Orchestra give the performance an even bigger boost.
Despite having a rather expensive price-tag, "The Corrs Unplugged" is worth every dollar and penny. It's a great companion to the CD and shows The Corrs at their very very best.
A Must Have For All Corrs Fans!!
on September 13, 2004
I have never reviewed anything on Amazon, but after listening and seeing this DVD I had to change that. This is undoubtedly the BEST DVD I have ever seen and heard! I waited years for this DVD to come out with Region 1 encoding, and it was worth the wait. This is The Corrs at their best. Clear, crisp vocals with just enough instrumentation. The "No Frontiers" duet with Sharon and Caroline is wonderful! I knew they both could sing, but not this well. Andrea is incredible as always. She has to be one of the most beautiful women in the world. It's easy to tell the group enjoyed making this video. The cozy setting with the partial orchestra was a wonderful idea. I haven't figured out how the audience stayed in their seats the whole time. The instrumentals make you want to jump up and dance. This is a MUST HAVE DVD for any Corrs fan! I only wish I could have given it more than 5 stars!
on December 1, 2000
My first contact with "The Corrs" was when I saw they performing live on TV next to Pavarotti, and their beautiful voices and music left me breathless. I went to the Store and saw this video, and I thought: "If they can make a good Unplugged, they can make a good anything". I bought the video and when I put it on, I stayed completely away from reality from the beginning to the end. If you have listened to the Unplugged CD, you know what I'm talking about: great music, strong vocals, beautifull lyrics...But watching the video gives you a closer idea of what "The Corrs" do: they enjoy making music, and it goes reflected right to the screen. Plus, the video features (I think) the most beautiful songs of the group, including tracks from their first and second albums, and some songs never recorded. You get a lot of rythms whit this video: ballads, irish music, pop and rock, all of them performed with great feeling and quality, even better than their original recordings.
In resume: If you already know their music, you know about the quality I'm talking about, but if you don't, this video won't let you a doubt about it.
on February 3, 2001
The Corrs are, I would have to say are the BEST band out there. Not only are they so very talented, nice, beautiful and charming , but they put on a great show!. I have been a hardcore fan now for about 4 years, I bought everything that had to do with the corrs. But the only thing that was missing was concert videos. I remember that they had the Royal Albert Hall concert on a local public station , but (ok slap me now) i failed to tape it. As the years went on I was desperate for corrs video's but anytime that I found anything to do with them on VHS would be in the European PAL format. Finally I found this Unplugged video at my local Tower records, I was just standing there in total Awe, this was the video i had been looking for , for so long and now it was in my hand...... anyway I dont want to write a novel :) But all I can say is that i watched this unplugged video once and I had to watch it again and again ect , Andrea makes this concert fun and her voice is beautiful , Sharons violin solo's are the most beautiful thing that I have ever heard, Caroline I would say after watching this video is one of the best drummers out there, And Jim, lets not forget Jim probably would have to be the one who works the hardest in this concert (well caroline too) But I strongly suggest that you buy this today. And even for you non corr fans buy it because you'll love them when your done. :) hope this helps ;) CORR PRIDE!! AND IRELAND PRIDE TOO!!
on March 3, 2001
The Corrs are the best band in the world. I love their music, and on Unplugged, they are performing at their best. Andrea's vocals are beautiful, and so is her tin whistle playing. Jim, Caroline, and Sharon are also multi-talented. This video showcases the humorous side of the band, as well as the raw talent that they have. This isn't just some band who was created by some record company, this is a family. Two of my favorite parts are when Caroline messes up "Runaway" and Jim makes a joke about it, and when Sharon and Caroline sing Heaven Knows (No Frontiers). This is definitely a video that you will want to own.
on August 21, 2001
If you're a Corrs fan, this video is totally 100% for you. I'm possibly one of the biggest Corrs fans on this planet. I practically worship the four of them. I just adore them, and when I saw this video, it made me love them so much more. It is SUCH a fantastic video. The band is relaxed, they look fantastic, their performance is brilliant, and they're hilarious! Jim makes a joke about Caroline's mistake on "Runaway", Andrea shoots her big big smile every 2 minutes, and they truly look like they're having a good time. It is brilliant. Amazingly brilliant. YOU HAVE TO GET THIS VIDEO! I will tell you, it is worth every penny that you pay!
on July 25, 2015
The Corrs Reunion 2015 Is Happening; New Album Confirmed!

Back after being out of the spot light for numerous years, the band is reported to be performing on Sept. 13 at Hyde Park during the BBC Radio 2 Live event.

According to RTE, the band is also set to release a brand new album following their reunion performance.

The news about the new album has been confirmed after lead singer Andrea Corr talked about it on air. The source cited above published a transcription of an interview that some of the members attended with Chris Evans on his BBC radio 2 show.

"We're in the process of making a new record, so it feels just right to do this," she said. "It's exciting."

"We emerged after our lives going in different directions - babies and all that," the lead singer added.

As to the details of the upcoming album, like whether they will be going a different genre this time around, we have yet to find out as news about such has yet to be updated on.

The Corrs reunion 2015 is an event that would be highly anticipated by fans, as it is known that the band has been responsible for numerous hit songs during the late 90's until early 00's including "Breathless," "All the Love in the World," "Runaway," "What Can I Do" and "Summer Sunshine."

Just wanted to share this exciting news, hopefully the will be another Unplugged performance in the near future!
on December 5, 2000
For some unknown reason, it is taking a very long time for the U.S.A to warm up to this band. There are so many clone bands out there with talent limited to looking good and decent singing. This video shows that you can look great and sing beautifully and back it up with phenomenal musical talent. These 3 beautiful sisters and their brother are The Corrs and their Irish Pop/Rock sound is possibly the most infectious sound to come along in 10 years. They have been around for 5 years or so and have sold over 15 million albums worldwide, yet they haven't been able to make a significant impact on the huge American market. If more people see this video and witness the brilliance of this band and their peerless live show, they will become as household a name as that Spears girl (ya right). And if Andrea, the lead singer, isn't the most beautiful woman in the world, then we don't need oxygen to live. Don't miss a chance to capture what they're all about with this video.
on January 9, 2005
I've always liked the Corrs but this DVD really highlighted their talent (and beauty!) even more. Unplugged/acoustic music DVD's are always a measure of how much is real talent and musical proficiency. Especially with singing, there's no hiding a lack lustre performance behind sound effects and noisy crowds. Andrea's singing is spot on and the viewers are small in numbers so as she puts it, it is "intimate" giving it a different atmosphere to a concert of thousands.

I think their set list worked well to, also giving Andrea a break by having the other two sisters perform a duo.

I'd really like them to do another unplugged/acoustic set with some of their material as its been a few years now since this DVD was recorded.

The Corrs are real musicians and artists. No need for lip syncing here. If you're a Corrs fan, and can only afford one DVD, this is the one to get.
on September 29, 2006
Much has already been written about this excellent DVD however none of the good points have been over emphasised. The audio and video quality is exceptional throughout and can bring out the very best in a top notch home cinema system.

I introduced the agent who sold me my Theta / Krell / Martin Logan system to this disc and although he was trying to sell me some upgraded Xtreme cards for my Casablanca at the time, he admited that it would be difficult to improve on the sound quality. In relation to the beautiful No Frontiers duet, as he said, you can not only hear every detail of the arrangement but you can truly feel the emotion in the performance. It is a truly moving experience. The picture quality too is very high although to obtain the best from the DVD a display system with good differentiation between blacks and differing shades of grey is required.

The performance itself is almost flawless, in fact the only bum note on this disc, at the end of a piano coda, stands out quite dramatically. However, such is the (justified) confidence in their abilities that rather than brush it under the carpet Jim jokes with his sister and the audience over it. Each member of the family appears completely at home playing a number of instruments, perhaps a testimony to their classical background, as referred to in the excellent review by C. Hsieh of All the Way Home.

A truly exceptional DVD by a truly exceptional group of musicians. If you love music you should have this in your DVD collection.

Incidentally I note with some sympathy the comments on the time it took for this DVD to appear in region 1 format. Normally it is the rest of the world that has to wait for other region code versions to appear and when they do they usually have less features than their region 1 equivalents. Unfortunately it appears that until consumers can find a way of pressuring for the abandonment of the discriminatory region code system every one will have to continue to settle for a less than ideal position.