5.0 out of 5 stars Adorable Mug!
This is the cutest coffee mug I have ever owned! The only trick is you have to have very very hot coffee to get it to turn completely white. But in general it's very cute to wake up to.
Published 20 months ago by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Pleasant, but not what was expected...
The imagery for the mug does not show how small it is. For a full-grown man, it is easy to wrap your hand almost entirely around it.

Published on November 12, 2012 by Daimyo

3.0 out of 5 stars Pleasant, but not what was expected..., November 12, 2012
This review is from: Morning Mug (1) (Kitchen)

I originally bought this for my fiancee, as she is a coffee lover; never goes a morning without. We own a variety of mugs, but she had mentioned that her basic mug (a gift from a friend who visited Vegas) was about a year old and she wanted to switch it up. I casually showed her this one, she got excited and I ordered it.
While we knew her current mug was larger than most, we can fill it with the coffee from TWO of this mug. This mug barely fills your standard mug over 2/3 full as well, and I felt others needed to be aware of this.

However, size aside, the mug is exactly as picture and behaves exactly the same. Originally it wouldn't fade completely to white, but after dipping it in a pot of boiling water and letting it cool (a few times), the pigment began to behave as expected. My fiancee still uses her old mug in the morning, but found that the size of this was helpful in not wasting coffee as she drank either around lunch or in the evening.

It would be helpful if they had a picture of this mug next to your standard mug, or possibly a soda can, to demonstrate the size difference. I may upload pictures later today if I can find the time.

2.0 out of 5 stars LOL!, September 9, 2013
Length:: 0:17 Mins

the sleepy face never disappears! I didn't read the comments before I purchased since it was only $5.. my bad.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not as shown in picture, October 16, 2012
This review is from: Morning Mug (1) (Kitchen)
Even when I put very hot coffee the mug does not change color completely and looks bad. I sent an email to manufacturer but got no reply

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't be fooled!, July 23, 2013
Anusha "Ansh" (Seattle, WA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Morning Mug (1) (Kitchen)
Not a good mug. Seriously.

I was admiring this online and my sister-in-law noticed and was kind enough to gift it to me. I was so excited to receive it, but my happiness was short lived.

The mug DOES NOT turn white like in the pictures. Those pictures are heavily photo-shopped. It looks pretty ugly since the white sleepy eyes and the "o" mouth don't disappear and it looks like the mug has two faces. Ewww.

Also, no where in the product description does it say that the mug is NOT dishwasher safe. Which of course I learned the hard way. The black color is actually a film of some sort that peeled off half way on the mug. Now I use it as a pen stand on my side table.

Finally, I think my sister-in-law bought it when it was the full $25 price which is so so so over-priced. I almost feel guilty for admiring this mug. Even at $12 it's overpriced for the piece of crap this is.

DO.NOT.BUY. :(

1.0 out of 5 stars Do Not buy, March 8, 2013
This review is from: Morning Mug (1) (Kitchen)
This product was cute at first. It does not change colors completely and you can still see the sleepy face when the mug lightens up. It doesn't always turn white either, sometimes it's a grayish color. Then, after two hand washings, one side of the face came off. Poor design and quality.

1.0 out of 5 stars Cute, but shoddy, May 9, 2013
This review is from: Morning Mug (1) (Kitchen)
I thought this mug was the best thing and used it several times a week, only hand-washing it. Unfortunately, the graphic on the mug is merely a decal. It ended up peeling off of the mug after about 3 weeks and now it's just a plain, boring white mug. It still serves its purpose of holding my coffee, but it's far less entertaining than it once was. Don't bother purchasing it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Morning Mug, January 9, 2013
This review is from: Morning Mug (1) (Kitchen)
The outside peeled after one use. My teenage daughter ordered this for me for Christmas, and she feels bad that it was bad quality.

3.0 out of 5 stars Really Cute but..., October 16, 2012
This review is from: Morning Mug (1) (Kitchen)
Really cute cup! My kids love to watch it when I refill my cup and as I chug down my coffee. BUT It doesn't go to all white. You can see both faces when its hot. :/ A little disappointing but it's still a really cute cup. Not my go-to coffee cup like I hoped but it is my secondary.

1.0 out of 5 stars Unfortunately, June 2, 2013
This review is from: Morning Mug (1) (Kitchen)
Unfortunately, about 20% of the external coating has peeled off after two hand/sink washings... Sadly, it will probably have to be thrown out soon

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, April 22, 2013
This review is from: Morning Mug (1) (Kitchen)
I was disappointed with the mug. When I opened the package, I found out that it has some scratches. When it gets hot, the night time face does not completely disappear. You can see both faces. Does not work as well as it looks in the pictures.

Morning Mug (1)