5.0 out of 5 stars Concentrated wisdom in a delightful package
Published on August 17, 2010 by A Reader

3.0 out of 5 stars Faulty parachute
Published on September 15, 2010 by A. Paige Turner

5.0 out of 5 stars Concentrated wisdom in a delightful package, August 17, 2010
This review is from: The Courage to Be Free: Discover Your Original Fearless Self (Hardcover)
The cover of The Courage to Be Free shows beautiful balloons floating free, and as you read the book, it does feel as though ties to unnecessary thoughts and emotions are being released. The more you read, the more you can feel your spirit rising. Guy explains that all the negativity we carry around with us - the fear, the resentment, the regret - none of it is part of our "original equipment." And something about the stories he tells and the way he describes everything makes it so clear that we actually can meet life without all that excess baggage. It takes courage to be free because we have to leave behind our familiar, automatic responses and meet life directly. But isn't that what we really want? I would love to live from my original fearless self, and this book shows how to make it possible.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Guide to Reclaiming Your Authentic Self, August 23, 2010
Guy Finley has outdone himself with "The Courage to Be Free". The short stories are wonderful analogies that clarify what it means to move forward in life fearlessly, with little effort. Entertaining and enriching, enlightening and empowering; you will immediately be able to stop doing those things that you have been conditioned to do which are holding you back. Reclaim your birthright to be free and start living your authentic life. It's a quick read, but it is extremely powerful!

T Love, RMT, CST
Host, Energy Awareness Radio

5.0 out of 5 stars Success From the Inside-Out, August 23, 2010
Shauna (Palo Alto, CA) - See all my reviews
I really like this book. Finley's previous books could tend to be a bit deep and esoteric for some people, but this book is extremely accessible. It makes the point that freedom is not won by gaining powers, possessions, or outward security because those things can always be taken away depending on how circumstances unfold -- which inevitably produces fear. Instead, it is found by discovering authentic peace of mind -- a level of higher consciousness that is free no matter what happens outwardly in life. This is the ground of integrity, strength of character, and ultimately success -- because we are free to be the unique individual, and fulfill the unique purpose that we were created for. Success from the inside-out, instead of the outside-in!

5.0 out of 5 stars Courage To Be Free, September 6, 2010
In one of his parables, Jesus spoke of "the pearl of great price" and how the seeker of the pearl, when he found it, sold everything he had so he could purchase it.

How much would you pay for REAL inner freedom, if it were even possible to do so? I think you would agree, true freedom is priceless. In his newest book, Guy explains why, as we get older, the freedom we experienced as young children, becomes more and more elusive, and why we feel ever more burdened down with problems, worries, unwanted responsibilities, anxiety, bad relationships, etc. that make our longing for freedom seem like the impossible dream.

Guy Finley's new book The Courage to be Free invites us to explore our own mind, and uncover the truth of ourselves: Underneath all those accumulated thoughts that say to us "No You Can't" or "It's impossible for you" is an original fearless self that is alive and well and wants to be free to express itself through you. Guy's new book, in simple, understandable terms, exposes the lies and dissolves the barriers that keep us from experiencing the life that we have always wanted.

For the true seeker, the true aspirant, or for someone who just wants to enjoy a more fulfilling, satisfying life, this little book is beyond price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not just a book - an illumination, September 1, 2010
The Courage to Be Free lights our way out of smallness and fear and into the steady brilliance of what Guy Finley calls the original Self. Everyone talks about how to "fight fear." Reading this book you discover there is nothing out there to battle with. Finley combines right-brain storytelling with left-brain logic to wake us up to our absolute freedom. He doesn't stop till we finally have to get it: fear is simply unnecessary.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a real "How to" book for anyone seeking inner freedom, August 28, 2010
If you are tired of being pushed around by your own mind this book is for you.
The author leads us through an exploration of the unseen activity of the human mind and reveals what's really behind the feelings we experiences as painful or fearful. We are then led to the discovery within ourselves of a definitive source of courage that once discovered forever changes our relationship with any painful feeling.
I highly recommend this book.
Larry

5.0 out of 5 stars Discover what you've always wanted to know..., August 23, 2010
It is refreshing to experience an author that is able to explain the truth about the world we live in and do so in such a kind and gentle manner. It is truly a work of love.

3.0 out of 5 stars Faulty parachute, September 15, 2010
I bought this book for several reasons, but mainly due to the high ratings and glowing reviews. I immediately immersed myself in the book with an open mind ready to "be free" of negativity to find my original "self". At the end of the book, I felt like possibly I missed a few chapters. I don't mean to be negative (no pun intended); however, I found the book to be very elementary and just a lot of quotes/short stories. I wanted it to be more and I wanted that moment - as one of the other reviews stated - feeling of freedom like the balloons on the cover. Oh well...to each their own. I am delighted that others really enjoyed the book and obviously loved it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Take the First Step, September 6, 2010
Karen Titford (Sundre, Alberta Canada) - See all my reviews
First, I'd just like to mention that I started reading Guy's books a little over 10 years ago. Working with the ideas he writes about, has changed my life in ways I didn't think were possible. "The Courage to Be Free" is a guide for anyone weary of listening to a mind that limits and punishes itself by it's very nature. History has shown us, over and over again, that this mind that we presently live from always fears what it doesn't understand. It takes real Courage to doubt that mind, but real Freedom can only be realized if we're willing to see that our present beliefs are the only thing keeping us from knowing this Freedom. In this book, Guy reminds us that no psychological fear, no painful resentment or regret, and no anxiety, is part of our "original equipment". If you long to know the Peace of living in a world without these things, then this book is the perfect "first step".

5.0 out of 5 stars Get this book, September 8, 2010
If you are tired of being tired emotionally, if you seem overwhelmed. If you want to start new with timeless ideas, buy this book.

I've been aware of Guy's work for about 12 years now and anything he writes is well worth reading.

Want a different and better life? Check it out.

ARRAY(0xa19a4f00)

The Courage to Be Free: Discover Your Original Fearless Self
The Courage to Be Free: Discover Your Original Fearless Self by Guy Finley (Hardcover - August 1, 2010)
$16.95 $12.74