Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 15, 2009 11:45:12 PM PDT
S. L. Betts says:
Does anyone else think Betsy looks kind of like a Sim?

Posted on Mar 30, 2009 4:46:09 AM PDT
Heidi Wills says:
She does. In all defense to MJ Davidson, the publisher is in charge of the book's cover.

Posted on Apr 1, 2009 8:50:10 AM PDT
Slim is in...especially in vampire fashion circles

Posted on Apr 13, 2009 2:10:18 PM PDT
It's a slight improvement over the last cover, though I think the "new" design is hideous. I miss the style of the old covers.

Posted on Apr 17, 2009 1:33:42 PM PDT
Reh says:
I do too.

Posted on Apr 22, 2009 11:16:12 PM PDT
A. R. Malone says:
I guess the publisher figures that they don't have to attract new readers or maybe they think that urban fantasy readers will like the cover and pick up the book. I also miss the old covers. They were more fun!

Posted on Jun 21, 2009 8:14:33 AM PDT
SusS says:
The old covers were what drew me to the series in the first place. It seems like I read somewhere that because the books were becoming 'edgier', the new cover design is supposed to reflect that. However, we the readers overall seem to prefer our Betsy with a little less edge and a lot more cute.

Posted on Jul 15, 2009 11:18:09 AM PDT
<<The old covers were what drew me to the series in the first place. It seems like I read somewhere that because the books were becoming 'edgier', the new cover design is supposed to reflect that.>>

Look at the Sookie Stackhouse books. the covers are the cartoonish designs, yet the books are far more edgier than Betsy. And those covers are what attracted me to Betsy or Sookie years ago. Now the new betsy books dont match my old ones and the covers are just plain... ugly. Its a turnoff from the book, especially Undead and Unworthy <shudders>
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  8
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  Mar 15, 2009
Latest post:  Jul 15, 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Undead and Unwelcome (Queen Betsy, Book 8)
Undead and Unwelcome (Queen Betsy, Book 8) by MaryJanice Davidson (Hardcover - June 2, 2009)
3.3 out of 5 stars (109)