5.0 out of 5 stars a totally cool book for girls!
Published on October 23, 2005 by anjel0325

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful
Maybe these crafts would be good for an 80s throwback but I wouldn't be caught dead with these dorky crafts
Published 6 months ago by gluten free princess

5.0 out of 5 stars a totally cool book for girls!, October 23, 2005
i bought this book and the other crafty diva book for my little sister for her birthday and we LOVE both of them! the projects are so different and easy to make and super colorful. we already have made a list of projects we are going to make next week at my siuster's slumber party. i like how the writing in it is so funny and relatable. i just barely found kathy's crafty chica web site and podcast and am so proud to find she is a latina like me! this book is so creative and happy, i encourage all girls to go buy it so you can make the projects with your friends!!!! i can hardly wait to go buy kathy's other books, i hope they are as good as these ones are!

5.0 out of 5 stars A fabulous book for girls!!!, June 4, 2005
This book is even BETTER than the first Crafty Diva book. It not only has craft projects, but it also has all kinds of neat articles like how to feng shui your room, how to sell your jewelry and how to make a mix tape and other cool stuff like that. This book takes care of all my presents for my nieces birthdays. These Crafty Diva books are awesome!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars tween-focused, but good for adults, too!, November 10, 2005
Ok -- I may be twice as old as the typical reader of this book, but I love the peppermint face mist directions -- I'm planning on making some with my friends' kids for the holidays!

If you've ever wondered how to keep a group of younger girls entertained on a rainy afternoon, the Crafty Diva's Lifestyle Makeover is a great jumping-off point for activity ideas. I teach kids to knit (in person and with my Knitgrrl books): believe me, they'd rather be doing fun things like this than watching endless TV reruns. Creativity is cool!

Like her earlier Crafty Diva book, the illustrations are adorable, the directions are clear, and the tips are great. I like her emphasis on money-saving ideas...you don't have to be a millionaire to be a crafty girl!

5.0 out of 5 stars crafty diva's lifestyle makeover, August 2, 2005
Denise L. Townsend (Albuquerque,New Mexico) - See all my reviews
I love the new and innovative ideas for crafts! The pictures and illustrations are great references to see if we're doing things right.

4.0 out of 5 stars Definitely for girls and young people, but good book, August 10, 2006
****

This book is definitely for young teens. It is very easy to follow. I bought it as someone very unfamiliar with crafts, but I am middle-aged. It definitely was not suitable for me, as I have no need for hair-clips, "Her Royal Highness Tiara"s, and nifty lunch boxes. Still, it is a great book for girls and it was fun to read.

The description did specify that it was written for ages 9-12, and this would be the perfect reader for this book. So if you are young, or know someone who is, get it. If you are a beginning crafter who knows nothing, and thought you might get some ideas, go for it if you enjoy locker decorations and sleepover suitcases. Otherwise your needs might be better served with a different book.

I gave this book 4 stars because it is a good book...for young girls...I am exploring beginning crafting and just made an inappropriate purchase. Recommended for young teens.

****

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful, January 1, 2014
This review is from: The Crafty Diva's Lifestyle Makeover: Awesome Ideas to Spice Up Your Life! (Paperback)

5.0 out of 5 stars This book is good for learning to use ingredents form your kitchen for you facials., August 21, 2006
this book tought me to use ingreadients from my kitchen for my facial and other cool things. I am glad that I found this book because it gave me some really great ideas for gifts. This book gets a 5!

5.0 out of 5 stars This actually deserves 6 stars!, May 31, 2006
Michelle (San Antonio, TX USA) - See all my reviews
Crafting is a great way to teach our daughters (and sons!) how to start something and finish it. The Crafty Diva books give guidelines for fantastic crafts that moms/step-moms can do with their daughters/sons. It also teaches girls to choose their own individual style, as opposed to looking like a cookie cutter. Directions are clear, and can easily be modified to add one's own sass.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great purchase!, July 21, 2008
Here are 50 projects to add creative variety and style to your life as a gift giver, gardener, sports fan, fashionista, jeweler, interior decorator and more! It's definitely aimed at tweens, but adults will enjoy it, too.

Get out of your rut and create a new world filled with the most creative projects to transform every part of your life. There's even a quiz to see what needs improvement in your world!

The Crafty Diva's Lifestyle Makeover: Awesome Ideas to Sice Up Your Life is everything the title promises. It's amazing fun, educational, totally fabulous and you will find that the things that you learn from it will serve you well for years to come!

Love it!

1.0 out of 5 stars Tacky!, September 19, 2005
I would've given this a 0, but that isn't an option. The crafts are so tacky and trashy. Young girls are looking for more elegant and fun crafts. There is a 10 year old that goes to my church who creates beautiful artwork and this book is just junk.Save your money. I wish I had.

The Crafty Diva's Lifestyle Makeover: Awesome Ideas to Spice Up Your Life!
$12.95 $5.18