From the Back Cover
Give your lesson plans a jolt of creativity and get better results from your students.
To keep your students engaged in the classroom, you have to get them excited about learning. From the authors of The Organized Teacher, this indispensable volume offers hundreds of creative ideas to reenergize your lesson plans for any subject, across all grades--from waking up the tired book report to making math fun.
Just a few of the ideas inside The Creative Teacher:
- "I woke up five inches tall" and other quick-start creative-writing prompts
- Larger writing projects, such as classroom newspapers, minibooks, autobiographies, and storyboards
- Do-it-themselves student cutouts for 3-D geometry
- How-it-works science experiments with electricity, ice cream, volcanoes--even how to make flubber
- Enthusiasm-generating math tools--from clock and fraction templates to creating your own money
- Cultural, historic, and family-tree ideas for social studies reports . . . and more!
INCLUDES DOZENS OF REPRODUCIBLE PAGES YOU CAN USE NOW!
About the Author
Kimberly Persiani-Becker, Ed.D., is an assistant professor of curriculum and instruction at California State University. She lectures frequently at national teachers' conferences in the United States and Canada.
Steve Springer and Brandy Alexander are both mentors and master teachers with years of classroom experience in both private and public schools. They are the coauthors of The Organized Teacher.