Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Look Park Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Format: Kindle Edition|Change

on December 16, 2012
In my "completely broke" phase I downloaded dozens of books that were free for promotion. Most were crap; some where mediocre at best. And then I read "The Creepers" with the same low hopes I normally have for free e-books. This book blew my mind!!! There are some parts that are so intense, I can not remember a time when I have been so captivated by plot. I have been a fan of the zombie genre since it was so obsolete you had to order hard copies online to even find a zombie story. Then the genre blew up! I have mainly be dissapointed in the stories of survival, the same old cliches, and the unmemorable plot lines, but not this time. A few times I found myself asking "Did that just happen?!" It was a story I couldn't stop thinking about even when I was not reading it. I don't normally write reviews, but I felt compelled in this instance to let other people know if you are on the fence about buying this book- DO IT! It's enthralling! Much better than my attrocious spelling...
on February 10, 2013
You never know what you are going to get when you read an independent author but The Creepers by Norman Dixon has been one of the best books I've read this year. It is smart, insightful, entertaining, and engrossing. Once I started reading I couldn't put it down. Mr. Dixon did not shy away from tackling some tough issues and created realistic characters who were neither all bad or all good. The ending was satisfying. I loved that Dixon "got revenge" instead of "turning the other cheek". This book would make a great movie...most likely better than many other Zombie movies I have seen. I am hoping Mr. Dixon is working on a sequel because I really want to know where the characters go next.
on November 13, 2012
I loved this book. I'm a huge fan of post-apocalyptic stories and this one did not disappoint. The story follows Bobby as he grows up in a world filled with the undead. He faces many challenges, and creepers are just the beginning. I, like most people, watch Walking Dead and love it... but this is different. It is a different and welcome take on the zombie genre. It is more than just zombies and killing (although there's plenty of that) - it has heart. Highly recommended!
on December 6, 2012
It is so hard to find something new in the "zombie" genre. The Creepers manages to do just that, though. Not only is it an interesting story, but it's also an interesting examination on human emotions. When you deal with zombie books, somethings you feel like everything is the same. Everything is not the same here. This is wonderful. It's definitely worth a look.
on June 4, 2015
Dixon's vision of post-apocalyptic life in zombie-infested America is awesome! I loved the concept of the Settlement and all the various pockets of humanity and how they interact (or don't) to trade and cooperate in their defense.

Obviously, I don't want to post any spoilers, but the evolutionary concepts proposed by the author are believable and frightening. The common theme with this book and most of them in this genre is that zombies are a manageable nuisance, the real demons are other survivors....
on December 27, 2014
Excellent book! I couldn't put this book down until I finished it. The uninfected were always on the hunt every time they had to go after food or medical supplies. If they holed up in a location where there were windows that the Creepers could see in they were in trouble. If the Creepers saw the uninfected they went after them. All it took was a scratch from a Creeper to turn a living body into a Creeper within 24 hours unless you got some of the vaccine right when you turned.
on May 17, 2013
First let me say that I loved the story. Zombie and apocalyptic plots have been done to death; but the author managed to make this one unique.

I only have two complaints:

1. Story was gratuitously violent, way beyond what was needed to tell it.

2. Editing was atrocious. I marked dozens of errors in grammar, diction, and syntax. There was also clumsy wording in several places that made it hard to tell who was speaking or what idea was being conveyed. I would have given the book five stars if not for this.
on February 19, 2013
I must have given this book 5 stars in my head because I could have sworn I wrote a review already. So either this book has me inside my head, or I'm slowly turning.

Regardless of my future fate with the human race, The Creepers is worth a read, regardless of your like/dislike of the zombie genre. As other reviewers mention, it's a different take - and a good one at that. Extra points -finally a zombie book that doesn't try to explain the zombie condition scientifically (this usually ends up accomplishing quite the opposite of any author's intention of "realism").

The writing is captivating, and the characters believable. Plot developments throughout kept me reading late into the night. Looking forward to more from this author.
on March 21, 2013
I was a little hesitant when I started this book that it would be another of many zombie books out there. Much to my delight, I found it very well written and very entertaining. Not only is this book well written, but the characters are all well developed and you definitely get some sense of not only who they are, but also how they got that way. On top of this, the action kept me intrigued throughout the book and I had a hard time putting the book down.
Overall, I really enjoyed this book and look forward to Mr. Dixon's future additions to this story. Furthermore tee, I will not hesitate to recommend this book to others, especially those that enjoy good solid writing and zombies.
on January 3, 2013
When I downloaded this book several nights ago I wasn't expecting to pull an all nighter but that's exactly what I did! This book had me from the start and has earned a spot in my top ten. I wasn't too sure on reading about the "creepers" from a 13 yr old boy's point of view but Bobby is definitely not your average boy. You will find no unnecessary fillers in these pages. It's packed with action, terror and gore. The zombies in this book are absolutely terrifying but this is a book about more than just zombies. Its about an unwanted boy trying to find his way in an apocalypse zombie riddled world. It has heart and I found myself rooting for Bobby all the way through. This author has great talent and I can't wait to read more!!!

You MUST read this book!