5.0 out of 5 stars An Important Book, October 26, 2003
george (east lansing, MI USA) - See all my reviews
Intended as an internal document. Good reading to understand the nature of rich democracies and the fact that the common people are not allowed to play a role.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Classic And Disturbing Study, November 28, 2013
Creb (Brevard, NC) - See all my reviews
This is a classic, if disturbing study that concludes that the conflicts of the 60s were due to excessive democracy. Much of the analysis of that time seems as though it could have been written about our current political polarization and dysfunction. A free PDF version is available for download from the Trilateral Commission.

4.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Shocking, October 29, 2013
This review is from: The Crisis of Democracy: Report on the Governability of Democracies to the Trilateral Commission (Triangle Papers) (Hardcover)
Shocking, that is, that no one has read this and that I have just recently discovered its existence. But perhaps not so surprising, in that AZ is selling it for 300 bucks.

This is one of the seminal documents in the recreation of the Plutocracy which began in the late 60s, after the GOP wrested control of the racist south from the (no longer quite so racist) Democrats.

Basically, its US section explains that we have been suffering from too much democracy. In other words, during the 60s the rabble ceased respecting and obeying their betters. This paper presents the middle of the road, Center Right and Corporate Liberal views about how that rabble might be put back in its rightful, worshipful and obedient place.

BTW, there are now have three copies of the report sitting about 1 inch below the fingers with which I am typing. And I BUILT THEM. Or, rather, I acquired them legally.

You should at least skim it over.