5.0 out of 5 stars Cats go nuts over this toy!, January 9, 2005
This review is from: The Critterbug - Laser Light Pet Toy (Misc.)
I'm fostering a litter of four kittens until I can find them homes. I bought this critterbug toy, and I swear, I can make those kittens follow my every command without their knowledge!
I can make them run in circles until they are so dizzy, they fall over. I can make them do figure eights chasing this thing. I can make them think they can defy gravity by chasing the beam up the wall. I can make them watch, transfixed, as I run the beam in wide circles on the ceiling. It's hilarious to watch!
Some of them, I can swear I can read their mind as they chase it. "I don't know what this is. But I gotta get it, gotta get it, gotta get it! Meeeoooww!"
They see it on the floor, in one spot. They will sit and stare at it, waggle their tails, and try to pounce on it.
Granted, it's not for all cats. The Mommy cat won't chase it for anything. But the kittens are hilarious with it.
If you have young kittens, get this toy! It'll be a big hit! ^_^
One other plus about this toy, it takes triple AAA batteries instead of expensive button batteries. Thus, it lasts longer battery wise. Well worth it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Look at kitty go!, February 18, 2007
This review is from: The Critterbug - Laser Light Pet Toy (Misc.)
I recently purchased this item from my fourteen year old female tabby, TippyToes. Boy, does she sure love it! She doesn't even seem to mind that I'm actually in control of it. She'll chase it all day, for minutes at a time. I like the fact that it runs off of AAA batteries which are less expensive than the button batteries most lasers use. This product even came with two extra batteries! Yeah, it's much bigger than the laser penlights but I prefer this because I'd lose those smaller keychain deals. Both me and my kitty give this item three paws up! An exceptional buy!

5.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME, December 17, 2005
Bianca (Washington DC, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Critterbug - Laser Light Pet Toy (Misc.)
My cat LOVES this toy. It is her xmas present so I tested it out on her. She was soo amazed and everytime I turned it off she would still look for it. I also like the fact it came with extra batteries.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for a dog too!!!, November 8, 2007
Suzanne "srrn74" (Potomac, MD United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Critterbug - Laser Light Pet Toy (Misc.)
I have 1 dog and 2 cats. I initially purchased this item for a way to give my 2 older cats some exercise. One looked at it and walked away. The other doesn't run after it but is interested in it and sometimes jumps up to reach it on a wall. When it is on the floor, he could care less. I never would have thought my dog would have liked it but she goes nuts over it. I take her in our backyard at night and she just runs and runs all over the yard chasing it. It is the best exercise for her. It is great when it is too cold to go for long walks. I just take her outside for 10 minutes and she gets more running in then she would on any walk. I also use it to stimulate her in the house on rainy days when she is bored. That said, there are some other neighborhood dogs that come over and show no interest. It is a hit or miss for cats and dogs. It is so cheap it is worth at least getting one time to see. If your animal likes it - it stimulates them and gives them a ton of exercise. It is so worth the money!

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than the rest because it uses AAA batteries, April 16, 2008
Mrs. Kilo Delta (Northwest, United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: The Critterbug - Laser Light Pet Toy (Misc.)
The Critterbug is a laser light toy for people to shine around to get their cats all riled up. But, the big plus of the Critterbug over other laser light toys is that it uses 2 AAA batteries, instead of those blasted watch batteries. It also includes 2 extra AAA batteries for when the "try me!" batteries inside the Critterbug die out. It's a nice bright laser, easy to see in the daytime.

I originally purchased this for my sheltie dog, who went bonkers over it at first. However, within minutes, she figured out the light was coming from the object in my hand, and she'd stare at me blankly as I tried to entice her with the laser dot dancing around her. So, I'll be giving this to my sister, who has cats that go crazy over laser lights (she was the one who recommended the Critterbug to me, but has since lost hers).

4.0 out of 5 stars I'm docking a star..., October 24, 2007
This review is from: The Critterbug - Laser Light Pet Toy (Misc.)
...for having to keep my finger on the button in order to keep the laser on. I know, I know, poor me but you honestly don't realise what a pain in the a** it is until you've tried one where you don't need to do that. Actually I'd been using my Black and Decker Laser Level from the tool box to play with the cat up until buying this but then every time I actually needed to use it the battery was dead. I'd just click the button and it came on, click it again and it went off. I've tried taping the button down on the Critterbug but it won't stay. Oh dear, I'm turning into a crazy cat lady already.

4.0 out of 5 stars Critterbug Pet Toy is a great safe exercise for an overweight pet, August 7, 2007
Joan Holly (Lake Forest, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Critterbug - Laser Light Pet Toy (Misc.)
I was happy to see how my cat instantly took to the Critterbug Pet Toy. Careful not to shine the light in his eyes, I had the laser light and him jumping and running all over the room as he triedThe Critterbug - Laser Light Pet ToyThe Critterbug - Laser Light Pet Toy to catch it. Great exercise for any pet.

5.0 out of 5 stars The BEST cat toy EVER!!!, November 3, 2008
This review is from: The Critterbug - Laser Light Pet Toy (Misc.)
My cat LOVES this laser light so much that sometimes I literally have to push her away so I can take a break. She's never been a particularly playful cat, but this light has turned her around. She's addicted to it! This is very well made and not only comes with batteries in it, but it also supples extra batteries. I am so glad I got this!

5.0 out of 5 stars My cat can't get enough!, September 23, 2007
epicexposure (New York, NY United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Critterbug - Laser Light Pet Toy (Misc.)
My cat can't get enough of this product!.. He has a chest full of toys but he seems to just wants to play with the CRITTERBUG LASER LIGHT all the time. By far, the best cat toy ever. The batteries last a good long time too. A 5 Star product for sure.

5.0 out of 5 stars Watch your cats go nuts!, September 27, 2007
This review is from: The Critterbug - Laser Light Pet Toy (Misc.)
My cats like the laser, but after a while they seem to lose interest, because they actually never catch anything. But its still fun for a SHORT time.

The Critterbug - Laser Light Pet Toy