5.0 out of 5 stars The Church NEEDS this message
This IS one of the BEST books, and may be THE BEST book I have ever read on the subject of "take up YOUR cross, deny yourself..." I have only read about half of it so far.

However, there is MORE. As usual Tozer brings it down to our personal lives and makes it practical but he also talks about the application to the Church as well as the individual...
Published on October 10, 2011 by R. Lacy

3.0 out of 5 stars Wish I could give it five stars
Published 4 months ago by Perry Stahlman

5.0 out of 5 stars The Church NEEDS this message, October 10, 2011
This review is from: The Crucified Life: How To Live Out A Deeper Christian Experience (Paperback)

One of the most important topics Tozer touches on is 'right doctrine' verses LIFE, or living the doctrine that we believe in. It seems to me that one of the great deceptions today, in the Church and with many believers is that they have reduced FAITH to believing in 'right doctrine' and it does NOT matter how you live! This is what the book of James was addressing, "you SAY you have faith?" "I will SHOW you my faith..." In other words TRUE faith can be seen, it makes a difference in HOW we live, not merely how we think!

I have read MANY books on this topic over the last 30+ years, and I have recently read two other books on this topic, so I know a lot about the subject. However, I am STILL working on LIVING IT out. It is not easy but it is RIGHT, it IS the 'Right Way', and you will find JOY on this road, no matter how morose it may seem now.

DEAR Brother and Sister PLEASE - Don't be deceived by GOING the easy and WIDE way.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Beautiful book, January 26, 2012
This words of Dr. Tozer pierces deep into the soul of man. The plain truth is presented here. Strive to enter through the Narrow Gate. Broad is the gate to damnation and many go through it. Dr. Tozer encourages us to take up our own crosses and follow the Lord. This book will be definitely loved by those who love Holiness, Righteousness and those who desire a closer walk with the Lord.

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended for everyone that desire fresh outpouring of the truth in Christ Jesus, August 17, 2012
God's breathe is upon this book.This book will bring end to self and exalt Christ in the life of the reader.A journey into personal revival is guaranteed for everyone who reads this book with an open heart.This is a timely book for everyone that desire a true walk with Our Lord Jesus Christ.Amen

5.0 out of 5 stars You will not be disappointed., March 6, 2012
Skip (Richmond, VA. USA) - See all my reviews
I've read a few of Tozer's books and this one was the best I've read yet. I think I highlighted 99.9% of this book on my Kindle Fire. LOL

3.0 out of 5 stars Wish I could give it five stars, March 25, 2014
Although this was worth the read, in my opinion it was not one of Tozer's better efforts. It pales in comparison to The Knowledge of the Holy. I think the main reason it left me a little flat was that it tended to portray sanctification more as pietism than an organic, Spirit-empowered outflowing of our desire to please Christ because He first loved us. In that vein, it became overly prescriptive and proscriptive in parts, as though the role of the conscience in Christian liberty should be subordinated to a predetermined list of "How To's". Tozer rightly was concerned about the impact of the assumed gospel and "easy believeism" on the church today, but a stronger case could have been made for obedience out of love and gratitude for our Savior, and union with Christ, as opposed to obedience (and even separation) as a means of sanctification. For a better take on the grace of sanctification, read Michael Horton, Edward Fisher, Walter Marshall, or C.H. Spurgeon.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book, August 22, 2013
Josel (McKinney, TX) - See all my reviews
I have not finished this book yet but I am enjoying it. Tozer does a good job of building from foundational faith to abiding faith and I appreciate his passion for God and for truth. I do wish he had delved a little deeper into the points he was making. At times I have felt like the point was not quite made sufficiently before he had moved on to another main point.

This has been my favorite quote thus far: 'God has given you the wind, the rain, a body to contain your wonderful soul. He sustains you, holds you up, keeps your heart beating and waits to receive you yonder. But do you toss Him a crumb, so God gets what is left behind? Does God get only the tattered bits of your time, yet you say you are a follower of the Lamb? Do not fool yourself. You are not it you don't go deeper into the crucified life.' it is so very important for believers to seek God with all of their heart. This is a good book for a Christian early in their walk as it will help them understand the importance of 'panting after God' and what they can do to grow in their walk.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Chrisian voice, February 29, 2012
A. W. Tozer is a prophetic voice still speaking in our times. His is a sorely needed voice in favor of the simple yet demanding Christian life first advocated by Christ Himself.

5.0 out of 5 stars Going deeper, October 18, 2013
As I read each line of the book, the prescence of God seemed to linger in the environment. I meditated on each concept, learning more about who Jesus is and in doing so, who I am in Christ. Thank you Father for such a gift of A.W. Tozer.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Crucified Life, June 18, 2013
Awesome.
AW Tozer is an excellent writer. This book convicts, helps, encourages and gives hope to all who would take the time to read and receive it.
Love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Powerful and life changing, June 20, 2013
Tozer's books are timeless. The issues he confronts in this book from decades ago are still relevant and plagueing the church today. My only warning on this book is that you should listen to it slowly and prayerfully and allow some time to meditate on these life changing truths. I had to listen to this twice and bought the e-book companion to allow time to go back and reflect on the truths that really impacted me.

The Crucified Life: How To Live Out A Deeper Christian Experience
The Crucified Life: How To Live Out A Deeper Christian Experience by A. W. Tozer (Paperback - September 9, 2011)
Used & New from: $10.40