Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Crusaders: Live at Montreux 2003
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Melvins Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro

Format: DVD|Change

on August 16, 2009
This is a fine concert, I can't add anything that all the other reviews have stated so nicely...EXCEPT...the import version of this concert includes a 20 minute live Crusaders show from the late 70's, and features (then) Crusaders guitarist Larry Carlton, which includes a live version of "Spiral". Great stuff! There is very little live stuff on Carlton from that period and the Crusaders sound much more inspired in that footage, I must say!
on August 12, 2009
The audio and video quality are very good on this dvd. The video looks almost like a bluray dvd and it sounds great too. If you love jazz and some of the Crusader's favorite old songs, I strongly recommend this dvd. I love it .......... i've watched it over & over.
on November 27, 2012
I purchased both the Crusaders Gold CD and this DVD of the Crusaders at Montreux 2003. The members look like myself - getting older - but the fabulous sound is still there.
on February 19, 2012
This is a must hear concert for Crusaders fans. Just sit back and enjoy the music. Turn the volume up! I thoroughly enjoyed this dvd and like "being there" experience. The sound was excellent, despite the audio not actually being in 5.1 surround. I couldn't get my system after alot of tweaking and adjusting to send any audio to the center channel. However, I didn't notice this until I actually went over to the center channel. If you can set your receiver to mix in "DPL IIx Music" mode the sound will be just fine. The mix is still very clean and crisp, Randy Crawford still sounds great. The whole band was "tight". The price was best at Amazon too.
on June 2, 2009
This is a great live performance of the Crusaders and Randy Crawford. You must have this one in your collection!
on December 16, 2008
I RECENTLY PURCHASED TWO OF THIS DVD FOR CHRISTMAS. LAST SATURDAY, I GOT THE URGE AND PLAYED IT. I WAS HOPING TO HOLD OUT UNTIL CHRISTMAS. ALL I CAN SAY IS WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS SET IS OFF THE HOOK BIG TIME. I THOUGHT I WAS BACK AT MORGAN STATE UNIV. CIRCA 1974. THE SOUND AND VISUAL QUALITY IS
SUPREME. THE NEW CRUSADERS ARE SMOKING. WILTON FELDER ALONE MADE MY SAT.
EVENING. READY FREDDY WASHINGTON IS ALWAYS STEADY AND FUNKY. JOE SAMPLE.(ENOUGH SAID) EVERYTHING WAS TIGHT AND FUNKY AND WHEN MISS CRAWFORD
HIT THE STAGE,ALL HELL BROKE LOOSE. THE HIGHLIGHT OF THE CONCERT IN MONTREAUX WAS THE UNDERRATED AND MASTERFUL RAY PARKER JR. THAT'S RIGHT MR.
GHOSTBUSTER AND RAYDIO LEADER WAS FANTASTIC. A MUST HAVE FOR ALL MUSIC LOVERS. I WAS TELLING A FRIEND THAT CASINO LIGHTS WAS MY ALL TIME FAVORITE DVD; IT NOW HAS SOME SERIOUS COMPETITION.
on January 7, 2013
Great sound and video...I enjoy watching and listening over and over again...great arrangements by Sample and real Grovve...strongly recommend this dvd
on August 2, 2013
If you have a reasonable audio/video system, this concert will have you jumping for joy. If you have a starter audio/video system, this concert will have you jumping for joy (and dreaming of system upgrades.) This is what blu-ray is all about...simulating the live performance. It can't get much better than this. 10 out of 10. Buy it.
on August 12, 2012
Simply Red ceased as a group at the end of their final tour in 2010 but they still have avid fans around the world. Those fans are going to be thrilled to have made available to them this great, new concert DVD, Simply Red Live at Montreux 2003.

Filmed at the Montreux Jazz Festival in 2003 (filmed in high def and recorded in DTS-HD Master Audio, Dolby Digital 5.1, LPCM Stereo), the performance spans the band's entire career that drove close to 50 million in album sales and world-wide fame. There's also the extra added bonus tracks (seven in all) from the band's 2010 performance that are just icing on the cake. The band in both performances are tight and Mick Hucknall's voice is as smoothly great as ever.

With twenty-five tracks to pick from, it's impossible to pick three favorites so I'll highlight three, instead. First, is Enough from the 1989 album, A New Flame. Flawless. Beautiful. Smooth. I can't tell you how many times I've listened to the performance of just his one tune. Love it!

The second choice would have to be the brilliant cover of the Stylistics hit, You Make Me Feel Brand New. Hucknall knocks this one straight out of the park with his incredible ability to sing three different vocal parts. I believe this one performance alone is worth the purchase of the DVD.

Finally, the ingenious Sunrise rounds out the short list of choices. The fact that the band could (and I hate to use the word again but it fits) flawlessly perform this tune that is partially based on the sampling of the Hall & Oates tune, I Can't Go For That (No Can Do) is nothing short of courageous and amazing.

Not only do I think that Simply Red Live at Montreux 2003 will be loved by fans, I think this DVD can - and will - single-handedly create new fans who wished they were turned on to them sooner.

Boomerocity.com
on July 11, 2011
If you are a fan and need all the hits, this isn't for you. But if you like a jazzy version of his stuff, you will like this. Included are several hits like Aqualung. His flute playing is still superb. You won't be disappointed with this purchase.