4.0 out of 5 stars The Crying Dead [HD]
Good movie, however not as scary as I hoped, enjoyed how they lead me up to the scenes leading up to the disappearences of the characters, again not scary enough.
Published 10 months ago by Leon Del

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not waste your money
I just finished watching this terrible movie and i really need to kick myself for falling for the two reviews that gave this 4 and 5 stars. It is the same old "found footage" formula that has absolutely no chills or frights in it at all. I only wish i could return this dud. Do not waste your money on this!!!!!
Published 17 months ago by Tom Welling

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not waste your money, October 3, 2013
This review is from: The Crying Dead (DVD)

1.0 out of 5 stars WHY DID YOU START THE FIRES?, October 18, 2013
This review is from: The Crying Dead (DVD)
A reality TV series pilot films in an abandoned mental institution. It appears you are allowed to pick your poison:

3 girls died in a fire.
A patient killed a nurse.
They experimented on patients.
They developed an experimental vaccine.
The building acted as a crematorium.
Lumber jacks trapped inside resorted to cannibalism.
and oh yea, the original house was used for devil worship.
How they forgot the aliens is beyond me.

What really made this unbelievable is the fact Trent Reznor didn't live there.

Only the 3 girls seem to be a factor in all of this, no burly lumberjacks ghosts looking for a meal. The film squandered early moments by not building character, leaving us with a bunch of people we don't know. In spite of the fact this should have been a professional film crew, the film is worse than a U-Tube phone camera up load.

The film moves slow so they must interject later scenes of ghosts to hold our interest, becoming its own plot spoiler. There were far too many purple tinted scenes of a herky-jerky camera showing cut-off faces.

A desperation rental choice.

Parental Guide: F-bombs. No sex or nudity.

1.0 out of 5 stars I'm Crying Now.., December 17, 2013
I am so sick of this new trend of low budget "found footage" movie. Is it because writers can't think of anything else to do? Is it because Horror movies aren't allowed to be watchable? I'm not sure. This movie had the camera jumping so badly that you weren't scared, you were sea sick. Not scary, just stupid.
And why the list of everything that happened in the place, but the only thing there was 3 little ghost girls? Why them? What was with the initial scene they showed? Lame, lame, lame.
Don't waste your time. Just rewatch something decent.

3.0 out of 5 stars I expected a LOT worse from this...., August 17, 2014
After the reviews, I was expecting to give this a 1-star....but I was surprised. Maybe it is because I went into it with such low expectations, but it definitely is not the worst horror film I have seen particularly in the found footage sub genre. I was also doing some paperwork while watching it so I didn't waste all of my time, but even so, there are some good scares and decent effects. The acting was okay for this type of film - the characters were somewhat believable as realty-show investigators. No one was particularly over the top in performances which lent a bit of credibility. The opening was slow and, yes, it does get predictable, but for a free Amazon Prime stream, it is somewhat effective. If you are easily scared, this should frighten you; for the hardened horror film buff (which I am), it has its moments.
The backstory is not developed very well -- too many items strewn together to keep track of anyway; the writers couldn't seem to decide which ghost story to run with. It's a TB hospital, an experimental drug-gone-wrong hospital, a ?lumberjack headquarters? (really don't know what the heck that was there for), and a place of several tragedies. Only one of the back stories plays any prominent place in the horror that ensues, so I'm not sure what the point of all the extras was.
Loved the caretaker -- he couldn't be more bored if you paid him (lol).
What I did like was that the "reality show" investigators didn't take themselves too seriously and made it clear they would invent the horror for their own purposes.
Didn't have the post-film, genre-typical written narrative on the screen of how the footage was discovered or of any investigation so I guess the viewer is on his own to figure that out.

2.0 out of 5 stars A Crying Shame, December 31, 2014
A team of six setting out to make a pilot for a new paranormal reality TV show goes to an abandoned hospital with a dark history. Our team is composed of two groups: one is the TV show's inexperienced producer, the snarky cameraman, and the forgettable A/V guy. The other group, the amateur paranormal investigators, is composed of two overly-excited enthusiasts and the world's most air-headed "skeptic." Honestly, the story of how the producer found these three nitwits would have made for a better movie. Anyways, as the investigators, at the behest of the producer, start creating "gags" (faking ghost stuff for the sake of ratings), things actually start to happen in the hospital ironically parallel to what they're doing. Right fro the get-go of the movie, though, you know you're in for a rough ride: the opening scene is just B-A-D. I can only guess the makers of this movie included the scene to add a little backstory to the supernatural goings-on in the hospital, but given the number of things that happened in the hospital's history, it's completely unnecessary. Thankfully the rest of the movie is easier to swallow, but never rises above the countless other found footage movies with similar premises. Movie highlight: Scruffy from Futurama gives a guided tour of the facility to our intrepid team of losers. (I dare you to tell me that guy does not look and act like Scruffy.)

1.0 out of 5 stars Pointless, September 26, 2013
David West "David West" (Hebron, KY, United States) - See all my reviews
Yet another excursion into haunted hospital territory; six people investigate the mystery of three little girls who burned to death in a fire. One by one they get yanked off their feet and dragged down the corridors at a rate of knots.
Ho hum. The only mysteries here are how they managed to set up so many cameras without anyone noticing; why the crying dead (presumably the three little girls) are so named - I never once heard them cry and, what's more, at the end of this dreadful effort they are positively dancing for joy. Maybe they were crying with laughter, I don't know. The audio cut out at the end of the stream but by this point I was beyond caring.
The biggest mystery of all is how anyone could think this was a film worth making.
Not quite as amateurish and wretched as some of the horrors I've subjected myself to recently but boring and pointless all the same.
Another to avoid.

1.0 out of 5 stars Blarg., February 26, 2014
I'm a horror buff, and having lived in a true haunted house...I'm always eager to watch a flick that depicts "paranormal investigations" and the like.

This one however.....the scares are few and predictable. The dialogue......poor and nonsensical. The acting....disconnected and blah. It's obvious they're trying REAL hard to be Zak Bagans from "Ghost Adventures".

My advice.....pass.

1.0 out of 5 stars So boring!, December 17, 2013
This movie was so boring. The ghosts were shown too clearly. The pace plodded. I was never invested in anything that was going to happen because you know from the beginning that all the characters are going to get picked off one by one. Pardon me while I go to sleep now.

4.0 out of 5 stars The Crying Dead [HD], April 21, 2014

2.0 out of 5 stars WILL NOT WASTE MY TIME FOR SECOND VIEWING., November 14, 2014
If I was a little girl I might be afraid however, totally predictable no surprises here. Long story short ... WILL NOT WASTE MY TIME FOR SECOND VIEWING.

The Crying Dead
The Crying Dead by Hunter G Williams (DVD - 2013)
$14.93 $9.99