Your Garage Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Blake Shelton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation SnS

on June 20, 2012
This is the third book in the series & I am still loving Sarah Roberts. She is a strong character who doesn't let anyone get in her way. In this book she certainly wasn't afraid to shoot the bad guys.

WARNING: For those readers who do not like swearing then you should pass on this book. It doesn't bother me but I know it does bother some people. I think the swearing fits the scenes but I guess we all don't like the same things. There are no sex scenes so no need to worry here. I always mention these things because then people rate the book because of that.

This book again is action packed & fast moving. You will want to read it pretty fast so you can remember what is going on & who is who. There were more characters to keep track of than the other two books (at least I think so) but not enough to confuse you. It will be interesting to see what happens in the next book which I am off to purchase now!
99 comments|125 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 20, 2014
Too many errors, too much foul language (and this is coming from someone who has been accused of cussing like a sailor), and just too outrageous. I like books with paranormal story lines (or I wouldn't have bothered downloading it) but this was just nonsensical. The dialog between characters seemed forced and like it was written by someone who has never had a conversation in their life.

I'm just glad I didn't pay for it (or book 4 which I wish I hadn't even downloaded).
22 comments|77 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 3, 2014
Book three was a give away so I bought books one and two in order to read the books in sequence. it was a good thing that I did because each book built on the one that came before without a"bridge" for readers starting at a later volume. All three books end on a cliffhanger or a "to be continued in...". That is my biggest complaint about indie writers per se : They don't seem to write books as much as serialized stories. To me, that is a cheat.
Sarah, in book one is a wonderful, somewhat confused young woman with an odd "gift" that she tries to honor. She has a hatred of policemen that fuels a lot of her actions, but that is never addressed or dealt with in any way. In time, every character must grow and evolve. They must come to understand and address the emotions that shape them. Sarah deals with criminals and perverts easily, yet she never deals with the person who caused her to hate policemen...that is just not a reality I can believe.
By book three, Sarah's "story" is getting a bit like the " Perils of Pauline" serial movie episodes: danger, capture, escape again, cliffhanger, next volume, repeat. I truly would like to know how Sarah's life continues. I cannot however, accept the degradation in the quality of the writing, the increase in grammatical errors, but especially the coarsening of Sarah's character.
I gave these three books three stars only because the premise was good and book one really did make me care for Sarah. By the end of book three I felt I had devoted enough time and money to an investment with diminishing returns.
on August 12, 2012
Jonas Saul takes us across the oceans in this fantastic next edition of the Sarah Roberts series. This thriller takes us to Budapest in search of her ultimate enemy. The storyline takes on even more creative and suspenseful twists and turns that keep you guessing and wondering to the last page.

Yet another MUST read by this author.
on December 21, 2011
Jonas Saul's THE CRYPT is the perfect example of why I love his Sarah Roberts series. The book is fast-paced, interesting, unpredictable--everything I've come to love from Saul's writing. But more than that, he pulls off what can be the most difficult task in writing a series: making later books fun and accessible even to those who haven't read the earlier books. If you've read the other Sarah Roberts books, you'll love THE CRYPT. And if you haven't, you'll still love it, then you'll rush out and buy the others!
on September 26, 2012
Love love love it!!! These books should easily be on the best sellers list. Serious page turners that hook you in and never let go. I can't wait to read the fourth, and I'm not sure if there is a 5th or beyond, but I hope so!!! My new favorite author. Highly recommend his writing.
on January 10, 2012
This is the third book in the Sara Roberts series. The first two books were incredible and I was really looking forward to reading this one. The first 20% of the book was hard to get through, but once I passed that portion the story picked up and did not disappoint. Keep up the good work, Mr. Saul. I will continue to read your work.
on June 26, 2012
Jonas Saul if you keep writing Sarah Roberts books I will keep buying them. She is the perfect heroine. This is the second of Saul's books that I have read and am convinced he is one of my new favorite authors.
on April 12, 2014
"The Warning" was my introduction to this series and I enjoyed the book. I expected another experience of intrigue with "The Crypt". That, I got. I expected plot twists. That I got. I expected the bad guys to get it in the end. That I got. What I didn't get was an intelligent story that saw Sarah gaining insight into herself or the world she inhabited. This young woman manages to outsmart lots of people, but can't remember to not discuss plans in hotel rooms similar to the ones she had inhabited before that had been "bugged". She wonders if she can shoot the REALLY bad guy in cold blood, while casually shooting several less bad guys in various body parts. The elite cadre of professional sent to protect her are easily picked off and are even "thrown off" a rooftop as if they were sacks of trash. Having said all of that, I still like the idea of a rogue female avenger/protector and I wish Sarah well.
on March 28, 2014
I have been reading the series of Sara Roberts books since book 1 and I have enjoyed the previous books. However, at this point, despite the fact that this is a fast read, it is becoming predictable.and Sara is getting a bit tiresome. I feel as if I am reading a soap opera.