5.0 out of 5 stars Eden
It was actually better than I expected and well written. I liked the characters, I thought they all operated as expected. The book wasn't that heavy, but it was a satisfying read.
Published 21 months ago by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Storyline - Poor Execution
The Tombs of Eden... What can I say that hasn't been said by other reviewers?

The story is a good one and it kept me interested from start to finish. The last third of the book is the best part but it was a rocky road to get there... Now for the low parts, and I apologize if I sound picky, but this just has to be said.

The bad guy, Obsidian Hall...
Published 20 months ago by PMSteve

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Storyline - Poor Execution, May 10, 2013
This review is from: The Crypts of Eden (Eden Saga Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
The Tombs of Eden... What can I say that hasn't been said by other reviewers?

The bad guy, Obsidian Hall (sounds like a place you'd go for a concert) is supposed to be a multi-billionaire and he has a 300 - foot ocean-going yacht yet has to charter a plaine?

The 'Monterio' character sees the lizard that kills the professor but doesn't tell anyone?

A ten-man archeological team can fly helicopters across Turkey but has to ride camels the last two days because the ground is too rough for the choppers to land?

The Institute of Ancient Antiquities? There are very few Modern Antiquities around, apparently.

The John Savage character goes into Alyssa's tent because it's scorching hot outside? Ever been in a tent on a sunny day? It's even hotter inside!

Inside the Eden pyramid there are 30' long lizards. Really?

I was beginning to think that if they found a restroom inside the pyramid, they'd have to figure out yet ANOTHER riddle or quiz before they could go...

The bad guy Obsidian Hall, is perhaps the most ridiculous character I have ever read about... "His hair was like white cornsilk and his eyes were as blue as a Bermuda sea" yet he came across as a mixture of Truman Capote and Liberace - and not in a good way. I could almost hear him lisp!

Hall's hired mercenaries were almost comical with names like Butcher Boy, Aussie and Magnum.

The most intriguing character to me was Leviticus. Of all the people portrayed, he seemed the most real yet the author barely used hkm. It would have been better had he done so.

All in all the book wasn't too terrible if you can get past the cartoonish characters and the things that just didn't make much sense.

I don't know, but this could easily have been this author's first attempt at a novel - it certainly read like it. If not, he should pay a bit more attention to what he writes. If the story isn't at least plausible, he'll get more reviews like this one - if I ever read another of his books.

3.0 out of 5 stars A lot done right....but, February 23, 2013
This review is from: The Crypts of Eden (Eden Saga Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
While this book does have some pretty good strengths: well done pacing, interesting characters, an excellent premise, it suffers from some pretty awful problems. Mainly, the characters exhibit moments of monumental, stunning stupidity and the villains are cartoon characters. Not literally. However, they are so over the top, such one dimensional creations, they often reminded me of cartoons villains. I kept expecting one to twirl his mustache like Snidely Whiplash. Several times I had to walk away from the book as smooth pacing was interrupted by moments of cartoonish villainy or the heroes doing something equally cartoonishly stupid. Overall, I enjoyed the book, but the weaknesses were too much for me to bump it to a 4 star. I do plan on purchasing another book by the author. There's alot here to like. Hopefully that will stay and the cartoons will leave.

2.0 out of 5 stars Lacked verisimultude, May 4, 2013
This review is from: The Crypts of Eden (Eden Saga Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
I found myself totally confused by what I presume is the basic premise. My belief, as a professional teacher of History, is that an author can remain true to the history whilst still having fun with the periphery. Not so here. Other authors who write in the same genre, such as Berry and Rollins, even Dan Brown, can manage this. Jones went way out on a limb and found nowhere to go. I did finish the book to see how Jones resolved the situation he had set up, but do not feel he did. I thought the ending was a cop-out. I won't bother with him again.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good story., March 17, 2013
This review is from: The Crypts of Eden (Eden Saga Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
The story is really good. My kindle fire didn't pick up some of the script with the screen background blacked out, so i think i missed some of the beginning. Not til ch10 did i figure out i was missing part of it. Now onto the annoying part... The grammar and spelling of a good bit of the story seems as if a grade schooler did the final editing before this book was published. I had to go back quite a few times and try to figure out what the author was actually saying. Then there were parts that were repeated right away, throwing a little more confusion in the mix.

3.0 out of 5 stars a great plot, apparently careful research, and interesting characters . . ., January 11, 2014
This review is from: The Crypts of Eden (Eden Saga Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
. . . fall prey to numerous faux-pas with language. Who wouldn't enjoy a novel involving a beautiful, intelligent, perceptive young woman archaeologist who's just lost her famous mentor and father as he found the mythical Eden. There's also a resourceful, struggling mature man who has lost his wife to over-dedication to his career. And he's been sent by the Pope, no less, to assassinate this young woman! And then there are the team of military mercenaries brought in to protect the ruthless multi-billionaire narcissist who's trying to manipulate everything so he can recover (read 'steal') all the best artifacts from the find. Who wouldn't want to read that book? I looked forward to it, but then there were in every chapter, sentences like this, "Her chin became gelatinous as her eyes moistened." Gelatinous? Really? Did the writer just mean her chin trembled? And then there's ". .. a person who never failed to cast a smile . . ." and "it's the only ring that moves in a clockwork direction." Why not 'clockwise?' And " . .. allow me to see what truly lie beyond." "Lay!! " And "Her eyes were quick to enamor until she saw the . . . collar." "Enamor?" Eyes can't be enamored, and enamored is an adjective in nearly every usage. By this time I'd truly run out of patience with the awkwardness of phrasing, word choices, and even verb tenses found on nearly every page! Were we writing with a thesaurus full of never-before-encountered larger words by our side? Is there an editor in the house?

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't wasten your money !, January 2, 2013
This review is from: The Crypts of Eden (Eden Saga Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
Obviously I read a different book than the other reviewers or they only read the blurb. I ordered it based on their reviews,looking for a good read, but I am so disapointed. I almost deleted this book after the first 15 pages, the writing is over done, the plot has more holes than a Kentucky coal mine and I will not waste any more time on this book. I can only say I am sick and tired of fake reviews !!!

1.0 out of 5 stars a terrible read, July 22, 2014
dk (san diego, ca) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Crypts of Eden (Eden Saga Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
This is by far, one of the worst books I've read in a long time. Although it started ok for the first half f of the book., the second half was a horrible version of an Indian Jones movie. Complete with a ridiculous chase through tombs and even more ridiculous riddles. All the while being hunted by massive lizards…in which the author repeatedl refers to their olfactory senses (10 times in 13 straight chapters. Such lazy writing would have given me an F in any o.f my English classes. Dumb characters and a stupid plot

2.0 out of 5 stars Monsters!!!, January 29, 2013
cach "cach" (Peckville, PA, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Crypts of Eden (Eden Saga Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
Too much violence for me. The description of the monsters and how they killed was too much for me. I feel this could have been a good story.

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting concept, May 14, 2013
This review is from: The Crypts of Eden (Eden Saga Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
Interesting concept bu a bit gruesome in parts, Had to persevere over the first two chapters, then the story got interessting , a bit far fetched but the author has great imagination.

2.0 out of 5 stars A Disappointment !, February 18, 2013
This review is from: The Crypts of Eden (Eden Saga Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
A long winded book that ends with a great let down concerning details in the tomb ! I was hoping for more explaination of
more artifacts in the tombs. More booby traps and less lizards would have been much better !