5.0 out of 5 stars A MUST HAVE BOOK for anyone who loves crystals
Published on September 30, 2003

2.0 out of 5 stars Factual errors flaw the presentation
Published on September 11, 2005 by H. Mason

5.0 out of 5 stars A MUST HAVE BOOK for anyone who loves crystals, September 30, 2003
This review is from: The Crystal Bible (Paperback)
I have a fairly large library of books on crystals, vibrational healing and the like. I have Melody's "Love Is In The Earth," Diane Stein's two books on gemstones and others. But I have to say that Judy Hall and "The Crystal Bible" is one of the BEST books I have and one that I refer to on a regular basis. Her information is clear, beautifully presented and filled with insight. I definitely appreciate the true-to-life color photos of the stones that are featured in each chapter. Some books have photos that look nothing like the real thing! I feel when I read this book that I am getting a broad range of researched and cross referenced info that covers the spectrum from physical ailments to emotional and spiritual maladies. I especially like how she breaks down the info in each chapter and tells you exactly where the crystal is best placed upon the body for optimum benefit. I have recommended this book to many people. If I had to only own two books on crystal healing, I would choose this one and Melody's book. Outstanding! Well done! BUY THIS BOOK!

5.0 out of 5 stars The splendour of crystals, November 8, 2003
This review is from: The Crystal Bible (Paperback)
This comprehensive reference work covers all the well-known types of stone plus many obscure or recently discovered crystals. The convenient directory format makes it easy to find particular crystals or to identify unknown ones. The esoteric properties of the stones are described, with each stone's mental, spiritual, psychological, emotional and physical effects explained, as well as its application for healing purposes. The introduction provides interesting background information on how crystals are formed, advice on how to select and care for your crystals, how to use them for various purposes including healing and decoration, and the proper way of dedicating them. There is also a crystal meditation exercise. The book concludes with a glossary and index. The Crystal Bible is an impressive reference book with dazzling colour photographs.

2.0 out of 5 stars Factual errors flaw the presentation, September 11, 2005
H. Mason (The Florida Beach) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Crystal Bible (Paperback)
I had high hopes for the book as it proclaimed itself "The Crystal Bible." One expects some accuracy with such a proclamation. However, I was a bit disconcerted when I got to the section on Chrysoberyl where I read that it is a form of Beryl. That is simply not true. Beryl is Beryllium Aluminum Silicate that forms in the hexagonal crystal structure. Chrysoberyl is an Oxide that forms in the Orthorhombic crystal structure. They are different minerals and different crystals.

Also, I think it should have been mentioned that some of the "new crystals" are really new marketing names for minerals that have long been known and actually have little value. "Azeztulite" is simply opaque white quartz. Angelite is simply blue anhydrite.

I can take no issue with the uses and attributes ascribed to the crystals because the author states on the last page that her knowledge of the crystals is mostly intuitive and is based on 30 years of experience. That much experience must have led her to a great understanding of the crystals and their powers.

I also found the photos to be excellent allowing the book to serve as a great visual reference.

I would hope that the next edition would have some of the factual information reviewed and corrected. This would make the book much more valuable as a reference.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great book for beginners., November 13, 2003
This review is from: The Crystal Bible (Paperback)
I just started exploring the world of crystal healing, and this book has been AMAZINGLY helpful. Not only does it contain all of the information you would expect regarding properties of different types of crystals, but it also provides practical information on how to store, cleanse, and energize your crystals. So far, the other books on crystal healing that I have read take for granted that you will already know how to do these things. It has really been an invaluable resource to me as a beginner.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased-great reference book, March 19, 2004
This review is from: The Crystal Bible (Paperback)
I love this book, the colored pictures on every page are wonderful and she tells you how to use each stone and where to place it. I almost didn't order it when it said above that it had 77 pages but it really has 377.

1.0 out of 5 stars I'm sorry I spent the $$, February 19, 2005
Chatoyancy "Library Peon" (Surrounded by rocks, books, and cat hair) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Crystal Bible (Paperback)
I'm going to be the one grouch! :)

I bought this book while I was on vacation this week and desperate for something to read, and I'm sorry I spent the $$ on it. Not only have I always loved and collected stones, I have an Earth Science degree specializing in Mineralology, Crystalography, and Paleontology. I have a very extensive library on stones, ranging from the complicated reference tomes to magical properties. I didn't care for the statements without explanations or the failure to include alternate names, and many of the properties just didn't jive with my personal experiences or what's "known". That's no big deal--each person can have a different experience with or reaction to a stone. What really turned me off from the book were the blatant errors in fact. Just one (1) mistake out of many was the statement that star sapphires have five points. The star in a sapphire (or other stones) is caused by very fine inclusions of fibers or needles crossing (asterism), and the points only occur in even numbers. There were numerous technical errors similar to that, which make me think it wasn't just a typo. The only decent thing about the book was some of the pictures, but you can get that in any good mineralology reference book, and those sometimes have good folklore info also. I can't give even the pictures a full thumbs-up because I'm suspicious of a few. There are MUCH better books out there. I was not impressed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Crystal Reference, June 8, 2005
This review is from: The Crystal Bible (Paperback)
I purchased this book about a year ago, and am still amazed at the amount of information conveyed within it! Since I've always loved crystals, and relatively recently began to explore spirituality (where the use of crystals seems quite important), I decided to go ahead and purchase this book.

When I ordered it, I thought that I would easily be able to memorize whatever info. was included for each crystal - I had NO idea just how many different crystals there were, and the extensive amount of info. that would be included for each! I can now see why it's used as a reference - as opposed to "light reading"!

Overall, I would highly recommend this book to anyone interested in crystals, and their many uses. It's jam packed with beautiful pictures and in depth info.

4.0 out of 5 stars An Easy Read, May 11, 2004
This review is from: The Crystal Bible (Paperback)
A quick find & easy read! This book is the one I reach for first. (I own Melody's books as well and I love them) The information in this little book is easily understood, the pictures are well done, even it's small size is a plus when one tends to carry one's crystal books around when shopping ;) All around a good book for those interested in the energy's of the crystals & stones we wear and adore.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the ONE book you must have!!!!, January 2, 2005
This review is from: The Crystal Bible (Paperback)
Start with this crystal book and then add the others as you feel drawn. That is my two bits worth! This book has it all - pictures, descriptions at all levels, guidance on how to work with crystals and so much more. My copy is tattered, torn and worn - sure sign of a favorite at my house! Probably a book I will literally WEAR OUT from use - like a favorite pair of shoes. Buy this one, you will never regret it. I have also picked up several more books by the same author and have enjoyed them almost as much.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for beginners, February 4, 2006
CMac (New Hampshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Crystal Bible (Paperback)
This is a wonderful book outlining the attributes of the stones as well healing properties & positioning. If you're a beginner like me, this book is a wealth of information.

The Crystal Bible
The Crystal Bible by Judy Hall (Paperback - May 11, 2003)
$21.99 $13.45