5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful!
I am a Crystal Therapist, so I love to find books that talk about crystals, give detailed descriptions, uses, and other information about them. (I love crystals and stones in general, so another reason why I love finding great books on them)
Published on September 20, 2007 by Josie Noecker

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice Pictures.
Published 2 months ago by HebrewHealThySelf

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful!, September 20, 2007
This review is from: The Crystal Healer: Crystal Prescriptions That Will Change Your Life Forever (Paperback)
I have several crystal books and I have to say I am most happy I found this book! I ordered it, along with the new edition of The Book Of Stones and have absolutely fell in love. For the size of this book it has a great amount of information, uses, and pictures of crystals and stones.
I am very pleased about the pictures; the pictures are somewhat small, but they are nice up-close and clear shots. There is not an example of both the natural and polished stones for each one, but the picture quality is excellent.
The book also talks about choosing a pendulum, cleansing stones/crystals, choosing the stones/crystals, and several other topics.
Chaper 4 is what I say is one of the best features about this book. It talks about crystal remedies; first it lists different physical ailments and the stones/crystals that would be helpful. Next is remedies for emotional ailments, examples of them and stones/crystals that would be helpful to them. Last there is a section for spiritual enhancement; it lists examples and what stones/crystals would be most helpful to you in regards to it.
Out of the other crystal books I have that list remedies, I really love how this book was formatted. Having an entire chapter deticated to various remedies is fantastic. It was easy to read though and also just as easy to find what I was looking for.
I really recommend this book and I honestly wish I had found it a lot sooner. If I had found this book right away, I have about two or three other crystal books I wouldn't have purchased!

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my top three favorites!, July 14, 2008
Moanakai (Roanoke, VA United States) - See all my reviews
This is the same author, title, year published, number of pages but for some reason mine has a different picture on the cover. It is the first book I grab to look up stones. The photographs are gorgeous! I like that the author gives the common "source" of the stones; the astrological association; the chakras; and the healing qualities differentiated for physical and for emotional/spiritual. You can also find a separate section in the back of the book to look up gemstones for physical, emotional or spiritual challenges. He separates the chapters by color, so for someone who is trying to identify a stone, that is a big plus. The newer popular gemstones are also mentioned such as prasiolite and the more uncommonly found ones such as prehnite and pink opal. The only stone I couldn't find was cat's eye which wasn't listed under chrysoberyl. The only downside to this book is that the gemstones are not listed alphabetically even within their color category, so it is necessary to refer to the Index in the back if you're in a hurry to find your stone which is easy enough to do. Overall, I highly recommend this gem of a book.

5.0 out of 5 stars my favorite crystal book, February 26, 2012
MY FAVORITE CRYSTAL BOOK. ITS A BOOK I TURN TO OVER AND OVER AGAIN. EASY TO READ NICE PICTURES. Has a crystal remedy section that makes this book excellent.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Pictures and Descriptions, October 28, 2011
The Crystal Healer: Crystal Prescriptions That Will Change Your Life Forever
This book is great for identifying most polished crystals and other collectible stones and minerals, and the descriptions and useful health tips are great.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my favorite books on crystal healing, December 29, 2013
I teach crystal healing classes and I always recommend this book, especially for beginners.

The book is organized by color so that one can easily recognize a crystal that they have purchased that they may have forgotten what it was. Each crystal is beautifully represented in full color indicating its physical, emotional and spiritual properties. The definitions are short and straight to the point.

The book also gives useful tips on working with crystals, chakra balancing and an easy to follow practical tips that anyone can use. I love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Packed with information, August 29, 2013
I really like this book - there are 250 stones listed, many of which I have never heard, so glad to learn about them. I love how it is grouped by colors and yet you can also look up a stone in the index if you are not sure of its color. There is a picture of each one and info on the general healing qualities, as well as qualities for physical and for emotional/spiritual healing. Also chakra, zodiac and location and geological information is included.

Well worth the money, I recommend this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars natural healing, March 10, 2013
As well as identifying gemstones this book tells the best way and for what ailment they might be used for. Very informative for the beginner just starting to work with crystals, and is good reference for those of us who have been using crystals for energy healing.

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice Pictures., May 11, 2014
Let me first say I am not into the pagan practice of healing so the fact that the author is a psychic and medium is not impressive to me. I understand everyone's value systems are not the same. For e.g. Philip, the author, does not believe in right or wrong. If there was no right or wrong we wouldn't need a system for healing, because there would be nothing in need of healing. Another specific problem I find with this book is his tutorial on dowsing. He states that dowsing is the oldest form of divination.

Actually, dowsing is not divination in and of itself. Divination is predicting the future outcome of an event. Dowsing does not have to included seeking future knowledge. I dowse for healing and never seek for future knowledge since that is against my beliefs. Also he suggest that you talk to your pendulum. I've work with rocks for years. And though I use to talk to them I have learn that the rock CAN'T hear me, So I stop talking to them. They are not a living entity. Crystals are solid masses that pick-up and carry energy-- sort of like a pill in a bottle except it's natural and holistic. Anyway, despite my own convictions, I'm almost sure I can't buy a crystal healing book on the market that doesn't flirt with the pagan world in some way or the other. I guess I better get to writing my own book if I want one that fits my value system.

Again, I have to rebuke Mr. Philips failure to know that gold is commonly found in AFRICA, especially Ghana. Instead, he chooses to list Australia and USA as common sources for gold. Slight oversight? I don't think so. For this reason and the ones stated above I give this book only three stars.

Nonetheless, the photos in this book are nice and clear so that a stone is easily recognized. But it would be nice to have a reference book that had both rough and tumbled version of each stone so that the reader could know when purchasing what they are truly looking for. The prescription are easily understandable and are listed in the order of physical, spiritual and emotional. Some of them are basic, but the others I can not say they are reliable until i have used them for a number of sessions. He even includes which stones can be used to make elixirs and which ones to avoid.

Overall, the book is helpful for it's references to the different stones and it's possible success in treating symptoms of illnesses and imbalances. Laraphacha-- to your health.

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE LOVE LOOVEEE THIS!!, June 23, 2013
I have bought sooo many crystal healing books and I've never had one as awesome as this. It includes what many Crystal Healing books lack: brief history, what it helps with, other names, chakra, zodiac, etc. I do appreciate that this book isn't in alphabetical order because there's a chance the reader doesn't know which name goes to which crystal, it's in order of color. If you're reading this and you know enough about natural stones/gems then you know that there's different colors of MANY crystals. And, it might not have all of that--only well-known stones (like quartz) it does have alternate colors in there--in the most exact detail, but it covers EVERYTHING else and it's worth not knowing EVERY different color of EVERY kind of crystal.

Altogether, if you're even reading this review in hopes to find the best crystal healing book, trust me, this is it. It's got just about everything, even an index of everything from anxiety to luck.

There's even a warning on one crystal because it's great for pregnancy (fetal development), but bad for anyone who has any bacterial illnesses in their body (ex. HIV) because it'll make it spread. Peruse the book and find out. Hint: it's a pink (with red & black) stone.

By the way, I've had this book 4-5 years and it's still the best. I kept buying others because I keep losing this book. Now that I've lost it once again, I think I might just buy another anyways because it's worth it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this book!, May 11, 2013
I would recommend this book to anyone interested in crystal healing. Lots of information inside as well as beautiful pictures.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›