5.0 out of 5 stars For cooks who enjoy the process
Born in Alsace, Hubert Keller's culinary experiences include France, Brazil and San Francisco, all of which find an outlet here.

Organized by course, dishes range from the simple (Sundried Tomato, Herb and Fettucine Pancakes; Vegetable Risotto with Saffron), to the sublime (Truffled Vichyssoise; Mosaic of Tuna and Sea Scallops in Black Pepper Gelee)...
Published on August 13, 2004 by Lynn Harnett

3.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful book, recipes may be too difficult for amateurs.
Published on May 27, 1999

5.0 out of 5 stars For cooks who enjoy the process, August 13, 2004
This review is from: The Cuisine of Hubert Keller (Hardcover)

Each recipe includes a chef's note giving preparation times and tips on ingredients, modifications, techniques and wine suggestions.

While many recipes require time and several steps - Marinated Venison Chops with Horseradish Crust and Currant Sauce; Ecuadorian Quinoa and Wild Rice Wrapped in Cabbage with Tomato and Cumin Seed Sauce - others can be on the table in less than an hour - Whole Red Snapper on Celery leaves with Orange, Lemon and Fennel; Chicken and Spinach Wraps with Hazelnut Sauce; The Best Crab Cakes (which include scallops).

A mouth-watering book for both browsing and cooking with beautiful photographs by Lois Ellen Frank.

4.0 out of 5 stars A Cookbook Worth Buying, August 14, 2002
Judith A. Sapone (Indian Rocks Beach, FL United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Cuisine of Hubert Keller (Hardcover)
I asked for and received this book as a birthday gift. It was an excellent choice. At first I thought the recipes somewhat intimidating. A closer examination proved me wrong. The directions are as clear as can be, and suggestions in the side boxes are interesting, helpful and appropriate to the recipe. While I won't be using the recipes calling for fresh truffles or caviar (and they're very few), I will be trying out many others. The Seared Tuna on Creamed Spinach is worth the price of the book. The Black Pepper Polenta was perfect with it, but plain rice or coconut rice is very good, too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great modern French Food, October 18, 1999
G. Gfroerer (Redwood Shores, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Cuisine of Hubert Keller (Hardcover)
I have to admit that I think Hubert Keller is one of the best chefs in the world, and his restaurant should have 3 Michelin stars. This is one beautiful book, and the receipes, while not for the beginner, are not difficult for the average cook at home. I have made many of the receipes and have found them all delicious. I also enjoyed Chef Kellers' story of growing up in Ribeauville and his professional history working with some of the best chefs in the world. Having taken cooking classes taught by Hubert, I can also say he is one of the nicest guys you will ever meet. From one Alsatian to another, thanks Hubert for a great book, and Vive L'Alsace!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Food, April 26, 2000
This review is from: The Cuisine of Hubert Keller (Hardcover)
I met Hubert here in Brazil, and I love his food. The recepies were written carefully (Chantal, his wife tasted them all! ). I have a cooking school in São Paulo and so far I have not seen anything like him. His food is so elaborated in terms of taste and so simple in terms of wook. It is light, but with a lot of taste and charm. When you taste it, you will never forget!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous, July 31, 2009
This review is from: The Cuisine of Hubert Keller (Hardcover)
My mother watches Keller's show on television and had to have this book. It was out of print and not sold in stores. One copy was priced at $300.00. It was a great birthday gift for her collection. The supplier packed it carefully and we received it in just a few days.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great chef, great book., June 9, 2008
This review is from: The Cuisine of Hubert Keller (Hardcover)
hubert keller used to work for top europe chef like Jacque Maxim, Paul Bocuse, Gaston Lenotre, Roger Verge, and etc. Considered one of the top great chef outside France. His cookbook is packed with good technique and classic dishes reflecting his times in Europe and Brazil. His restaurant is considered one of the best in the country til this day.

A must buy cookbook if you cook professionally.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hubert the Great, February 9, 2014
This review is from: The Cuisine of Hubert Keller (Hardcover)
Hubert Keller is one of the greatest living French Chefs. His food is amazing and his recipes are not over complicated.
a must have for all fans of Julia Child and lovers of delicious French food

4.0 out of 5 stars A must have for home cooks and Chefsaaq, October 23, 2013
This review is from: The Cuisine of Hubert Keller (Hardcover)
This book is a knock your socks off. I will say that the recipe on page 43 asks you go to page 41 for a brioche measuement of a 1/3 cup , roll over to page 39 and everythingis fine. Great book for ideas and presentations.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a Gem!, April 17, 2011
This review is from: The Cuisine of Hubert Keller (Hardcover)
If you LOVE to cook, and appreciate good flavor combinations, you must get this book ( It's out of print but you can find a good price on used copies). I've tried 2 recipes in the book so far, and both have exceeded my expectations in terms of flavor and flexibility. A nice and unexpected bonus is that Keller uses a minimum of fat in his cooking. After testing a couple of the recipes I decided to buy the Ornish book " Eat more, weigh less" to which Keller contributed.
I am limited in my skills ( a lazy amateur at heart) and I was surprised at how adaptable to substitutions some of the recipes in this book are. When testing a new cookbook, I always try soup recipes first. I have prepared the red pepper and tomato soup in this book many ways; exactly according to directions (the first time) and with innumerable substitutions - the second thru
tenth time. I've made it high fat ( my choice to add more cream ) and low fat ; fresh tomatoes and canned chopped Italian tomatoes. Every time but the first I've omitted the caviar. I served it hot instead of cold and used lemon juice in place of the vinegar. No matter. Every time, the result was delicious. In fact, I love this recipe so much, I've yet to move on to the next soup! I own over 100 cookbooks, and very few of them contain recipes this reliable/flexible. Of course, I have not tried every recipe yet, but the first two are definite 'keepers' and not ( to my mind) readily found elsewhere.

The tuna with creamed spinach recipe is also good even without the cream. And SO delicious. I can hardly wait to try the rest of the recipes. Of course I immediately ordered his Burger Bar cookbook and am eager to see if it's as good as this one.
If you love discovering new recipes I think you'll enjoy trying his recipes as much as I have. Highly recommended.

3.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful book, recipes may be too difficult for amateurs., May 27, 1999
By A Customer
This review is from: The Cuisine of Hubert Keller (Hardcover)
The photos in this book are dreamy, and the recipes are colossally imaginative. BUT ... many home cooks will find it difficult to recreate most of the dishes that Keller successfully renders at his restaurant, Fleur de Lys, and many ingredients will be challenging to find. The explanations of many classic French cooking techniques are top-notch, however, and the writing throughout the book is very, very good.

The Cuisine of Hubert Keller
The Cuisine of Hubert Keller by Lois Ellen Frank (Hardcover - August 1, 1996)
Used & New from: $42.99