Published on April 16, 2012 by Jacinda

3.0 out of 5 stars Teen Review from Esther's Ever After
I enjoy baking, and I also really love cupcakes, so Brenna thought that this would be a good pick for me. Although this book was written for a younger audience, I really liked it and thought that it was pretty was pretty good novel that I didn't find overly juvenile (and the cupcakes were a neat twist). This one could definitely be enjoyed by readers who like reading MG...
Published on May 17, 2012 by Dorian.EverAfterEsther

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Warning: You WILL want a cupcake after reading The Cupcake Club: Peace, Love & Cupcakes!, April 16, 2012
Jacinda (Indiana, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Cupcake Club: Peace, Love, and Cupcakes (Paperback)
This book is overall just plain cute. It is a very cute book and a great book for a young girl to read. It also hits on issues such as bullying, money, small business, failure and making friends. Kylie is a character that does her best to move past the bullying and to do something to make her life happier and more enjoyable and in the process, also helps other girls and she makes new friends. All of these girls have a great work ethic and it makes me proud of them.

I loved reading about all of the successes and failures the club had while baking. At first you get to see them make the worst cupcakes and then before you know it, they are making cupcakes that people are buying and they are getting more orders they can't even handle. I loved the "Batter Butt Dance"...had me cracking up!

This book is packed with baking tips and tricks that are perfect for a younger crowd...or even brand new bakers. The recipes that are included at the back of the book are simple to follow. The Berks also include a list of tips for the new cupcake baker that I found to be helpful.

One day when I was reading this book at park, a little girl came up to me and asked me about it! Obviously the cover is eye catching to the right audience! My four-year-old is even jealous of my book!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Cupcake Club: Peace, Love and Cupcakes, January 15, 2013
This review is from: The Cupcake Club: Peace, Love, and Cupcakes (Paperback)
Bought this and one other Cupcake Club book for my granddaughter who loves to cook and bake. She is enjoying both.

4.0 out of 5 stars Just what it looks like, November 5, 2012
This review is from: The Cupcake Club: Peace, Love, and Cupcakes (Paperback)
My middle-school daughter had fun with this book, but it is really more for mid-elementary grades, say grade 3 and up. A fun story about some girls at school coming to terms with the clique they're not in, by starting their own cupcake business. The depiction of the social scene stays light as whipped frosting (sorry, no one can resist confection puns here) and humorous. Nice, cute, and empowering to girls; even "reluctant readers" will like it.

5.0 out of 5 stars The yummiest book ever, January 28, 2014
People should totally read this book if they are hungry and love yummy cupcakes! I loved everything about the book including the recipes..... yum yum yum!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, November 28, 2013
I really liked it because I like baking! I really recommend it to people like me who like a nice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Our 10 year old loved this book, June 7, 2013
This review is from: The Cupcake Club: Peace, Love, and Cupcakes (Paperback)
Our 10 year old is an avid reader and quite the book critic - she knows how to differentiate an excellent book from a not-so-great-but-entertaining book from a I-could-have-written-this-myself book. She LOVED this one and read it in a few hours and asked for the others in the series. She did say that the vocabulary used in the book is not as extraordinary as other books in terms of descriptive language, but she loved the story.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Cupcake Club, May 31, 2013
Amy S. Cohen (Bellmore, NY, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Cupcake Club: Peace, Love, and Cupcakes (Paperback)
I used this book as a read aloud in my 5th grade classroom. Each day the class begged me to read more of the book to them. It was a great non threatening way to start discussions about bullying and being bullied.

5.0 out of 5 stars really good, March 15, 2014
Jennifer (Houston, TX United States) - See all my reviews
this series is so good! i like that they are actually making a profit from it, and they are trying lots of new different recopes.( who would think of chile cheesecake cupcakes?!) great book.

5.0 out of 5 stars love it, June 6, 2014
My twelve year old daughter loves this book. She finished it in record time. Kept her interest. She plans to read more in the series.

5.0 out of 5 stars a sweet book, May 27, 2014
This book was great I love twists and the recipes in the back my favorite charter is Lexi because of three reasons one she loves to paint two I like how she expresses her self with cupcakes and third she was not shy after she joined PLC!!!Defiantly read this book

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

The Cupcake Club: Peace, Love, and Cupcakes
The Cupcake Club: Peace, Love, and Cupcakes by Sheryl Berk (Paperback - April 1, 2012)
$6.99 $6.29