5.0 out of 5 stars Great information all in one place
Published on February 1, 2007 by Dana Smith

This is somewhat of a difficult book to review... The Cure: Heal Your Body, Save Your Life by Dr. Timothy Brantley. On one hand, I think the basic gist of what he's talking about is correct. On the other hand, his program is truly extreme and almost ends up being an infomercial for his website and products.

Contents:

Part 1 - The Search for...
Published on March 4, 2007 by Thomas Duff

5.0 out of 5 stars Great information all in one place, February 1, 2007
This book is very well written and very informative. I felt just like Dr. Brantley had written this book for me. Both my son and myself have suffered from terrible food allergies. In the past I have searched high and low trying to learn about the interaction of food and our bodies but up to now I've not found anywhere except in this book. He has a unique ability to make complex information understandable and gives excellent day-to-day instructions that made it easier for me to use make a part of my life. I'm only 5 days into the program and I truly can feel and see the difference. My morning cough is gone and for the first time in my life my nose is clear. Thank you.

5.0 out of 5 stars This Book Can Save Your Life!, April 12, 2007
Please buy this book if you're sick of being sick! Dr Brantley is a brilliant naturopthic doctor with a well-documented track record for healing even patients with "incurable" diseases. He has two degrees from prestigious naturopathic universities. I once heard him speak in person and his information is outstanding. Recently he appeared on my favorite show, RACHEL RAY, and they recommended this book.

Anyone who questions why he questions the radical mis-treatment of the medical community may not be aware that the AMA itself reports that doctors are the #2 cause of death in America. And that doesn't count people who die from taking medicine. Nearly 100,000 people each year die from medical mistakes in hospitals alone (reference: WALL OF SILENCE by Rosemary Gibson). Billions of dollars have been given to charities like the American Cancer Society and cancer now nails 1 in 2.5 people - more every year, not less. Are we nuts to think medicine makes us healthy?

If Dr. B's health program seems "extreme," it just shows how twisted our logic has become. Amputations, radiation, medicines that list hundreds of dangers on the lable seem "normal." 30% of Americans are obese and that now seems "normal." One in two people get heart disease. Normal? Fruits, vegetables, herbs and good water are "extreme?" Think about that. Dr. B. shows us how to cleanse our bodies simply just by taking herbal formulas that work well and have zero negative side effects. He provides information on his own herbal formulas but also encourages readers to find whatever comparable formulas may work best for them. He has a simple plan to re-hydrate us since our bodies are mostly water and our water is no longer "structured." This is not just drinking more water - it's using specific waters at special times and cutting out the liquids that de-hydrate us. Best of all, he tells us exactly how to prepare the best meals I've ever made in my life. Fast, cheap, simple, delicious and totally filling!

I've been followig his program and bought his products online and, boy, have I seen results in just 3 weeks! Migraines are gone, my skin looks great, I have more energy than I can remember and every day I look forward to waking up and eating the great recipes he gives like nut milk shakes, Corny Salmon and incredible salads. If you think this diet is hard, try being overweight, exhausted, sick or in chemotherapy! Now that's hard. "The Cure" is for people who don't want to be lied to about "eat anything you want, take drugs and you'll get thin and healthy." Dr. Brantley tells us the truth. It's about time someone did.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best book I've read on the subject, March 29, 2007
K. Marsh (Rochester,NY USA) - See all my reviews
I totally agree with everything Timothy Brantley says in his book. Our American diet is terrible. I've been attempting to change my family's diet for a long time and although I haven't gone completely raw, I certainly include many more raw foods in our shopping list and diet. It's hard to change when other members of your family are a little less willing to take the plunge. We all have to eat, and the grocery funds only go so far. That said, I am totally convinced and working toward the goal of a healthy diet.

I would like to comment on some other reviews that call Brantley's book a "sales pitch". He states many times throughout the book that he has spent much time and painstaking effort to come up with formulas that work. Obviously he is going to recommend his products because he can be sure of their results. His book is believable and inspiring. I hope he can sell millions and get this message out to everyone. We certainly need it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting information, but I question the practicality of it all..., March 4, 2007

Contents:

Part 1 - The Search for Balance: Balance and Imbalance; My Quest for Truth; Indecent Exposure; Curing the Incurables; Kathy's Story; Creation, the Real Healer; The Tin Man; Sonya's Story; Water, the River of Life; My Study

Part 2 - The Brantley Road Map to Balance; A Little Inspiration; What to Drink and When; What to Eat and When; Taking Out the Garbage; Sun, Spirit, Exercise, Rest, Relaxation, Fun, and Forgiveness; The Obesity Cure; The Antiaging Cure

A Final Word: Health Is Your Divine Birthright; Author's Products; Bibliography; Index

Brantley is someone who struggled with a number of health issues for much of his life, as well as watching his mother and father die of various illnesses. He questioned doctors as to *why* people got these diseases, instead of just accepting cures that would not correct the underlying problem. By using his own body as his lab, he came up with a number of dietary guidelines and practices that he feels restores the body to its natural state of health. The first part of the book (the larger part) is his story of research, as well as how he worked with and cured a number of "incurable" people who had diseases that were considered terminal. The last part of the book goes into some level of detail on the program and what a person should and should not be eating and doing to themselves.

On one hand, he's correct that the typical American diet is atrocious. The heavy reliance on processed food and chemical-laden products has a direct effect on our health and well-being. He advocates for a diet consisting of food that is as raw as possible ("as Creation intended"). Veggies, fruits, nuts, meat, you name it... raw or lightly seared. For fluids, it's pretty much water. I don't doubt that eating the way he wants would do wonders for your body. But I tend to get a bit leery of all his "cleansing" routines. He's come up with a number of detox formulas which are designed to eliminate all the toxins from your various organs. Couple that with colonics, and you're doing some pretty strange things to yourself. He is *very* turned off on modern medicine and pharmaceuticals, pretty much accusing them of doing nothing more than chasing the almighty dollar and making people sicker. His role models are practitioners who have come up with some rather strange theories that don't have a lot of science to back them up. And when you get to the second part of the book, there are numerous references to his website. When you go there for more information, you end up finding ways to purchase his formulas instead of how you can do it yourself. Therefore, it's hard not to come away from the book wondering if it was really a large sales push... Yeah, I'm a cynic... :)

If you were willing to completely change the way you live and eat to follow this program, I don't doubt that you'd see real changes. And I also believe that there have been some "miracle cures" by people who have done this. But if the typical person can't follow a simple diet program, I doubt that they're going to be able to commit the time and effort needed to do something like this. Only the truly desperate would be willing to make these types of radical changes.

Of course, if we were closer to his program in the first place, they wouldn't *be* so radical now, would they?

5.0 out of 5 stars Everyone needs to read this book, April 10, 2007
Given the obesity epidemic, and the fact that cancer is on the rise, do yourself a service and get this book. It explains why all of this is happening, and how you can protect yourself from both pervasive evils. There is a science behind the cause and cure of cancer, and Dr. Brantley lays it all out. I could not recommend this book more, lest I succumb to redundancy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very informational book!, March 26, 2007
I read this book in just a few short sittings and was so taken with the stories and the journey of Dr Brantley's life. The information in the book was so helpful and provides you with such a great stepping stone for eating heathier and feeling better. My husband and I started to change our eating habits immediately. We started slowly by changing one meal at a time. Right now we generally eat both breakfast and lunch raw, dinner is still a challenge but we are reviewing cookbooks to help with that. In the few weeks since we started this change, we both lost almost 10 lbs., and my body is functioning much more regular. I have always had stomach and intestinal problems but just by making some very easy changes, I haven't had any pains at all. Also every time one of my kids got sick, I always got sick, not anymore! I know there are some people who gave this a poor rating but I feel that they don't have enough of an open mind to make any changes. The only reason he plugs his products so much is because they work! I have been taking them for a few weeks now and I swear by them. If you have an open mind and even come away with one good tip to help keep you healthy then this book is worth it! I loved this book and recommend it to anyone who is willing to make a change towards their health!

4.0 out of 5 stars This, December 17, 2007
Dotti "ocstealth" (Sunny Florida, Proud to be an American) - See all my reviews
This book is a must read for anyone who wants to feel the better than they have felt in years!
Having been someone who was so tired for so many years that I had to arrange my life around "power naps" not to gain power but just to get through the day. Doctors checked my blood, monitored my heart, tested me again and again but could never find a reason for my extreme weariness. After reading this book and with just a few adjustments in my food and water intake, I started having more energy than I ever remember. No more need for naps to get through the day. I continue to feel even better as embrace more of the dietary changes that Dr. Brantley recommends.
Here in America, we have been so "duped" by the Food & Drug Administration over the years that this way of eating seems radical by today's standards. However, if this was 1950 it wouldn't be strange at all as that was the way they ate back then, prior to the invention of processed/fast foods.
This book is absolutely essential for anyone who has any form of cancer and digestion problems but you don't have to wait till you feel unhealthy to start feeling more healthy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Guys!!!!! Don't shoot the messenger!!!!!, September 28, 2007
Dr. Brantley is one more courageous person who is willing to tell the truth about health maintenance and healing. These ideas are as old as time - our bodies' needs have never changed. What's changed is the quality of our planet's air, water, soil, food supply. Add to that sad state of affairs, the conditioning we've absorbed about how there's no relationship (or little) to how we are and what we ingest. It should surprise no one that advice for tackling a lethal disease might seem "radical". Truth is, so too is cancer radical. As are many other killer diseases that are MORE prevalent now than a century ago, in spite of all our techno advances and billions of dollars being funneled into research. With regard to the ages-old advice ("same 'ol")in this book on how and what to eat for health maintenance, there's nothing new here, that's true. Folks like Brantley bother to take the time to reiterate this "old" stuff for good reasons - in the hopes readers will HEED the wake up call. He offers knowledge that's tried and true for getting our lives and health back on track. And he explains the rhymes and reasons for doing what he suggests.

As for disclaimers.............No practitioner in his/her right mind would accept full responsibility for outcomes of their treatments because the outcome of a treatment of ANY kind is NOT predictable. Dr. Brantley addresses this right up front by stating that he wants the reader to know that not all of his clients survived or even rallied after following his protocol for their serious illnesses. He has less than no control as to what a reader actually DOES with the info in this book. Disclaimers are par. Do oncologists guarantee positive outcomes from traditional treatments? I advise anyone reading this to research mortality statistics for folks who choose chemo, radiation and surgery as their options. Then be mucho grateful that we have access to books like this one to enlighten us to options that have worked for others, even those who were given no hope by their doctors. We all need to wake up before we're faced with a crisis. True, the changes we'll be called to make aren't "convenient". To me, taking the viewpoint that they're too inconvenient or radical is really a sad testament to our society's empty status quo regarding all things sacred. What's more important than health? Dr. Brantley wants us to know that health is a byproduct of what we do. And if we serve our bodies well, we'll get to inhabit them as long as we need to.

5.0 out of 5 stars An incrdible resource for information about natural health, February 14, 2007
Dr. Brantley is the real deal. He literally saved my life when I was diagnosed with cancer. Thanks to him, my husband and I now have a 3 year old daughter and I have been healthy and cancer-free for over a decade. I have been waiting for him to publish a book so I could properly process his wellspring of knowledge. This is a must-read for anyone serious about their health.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best book on this subject I have ever read!, June 8, 2007
Kimberly A. Miller "Kimberly" (APACHE JUNCTION, AZ United States) - See all my reviews
This book is hard to put down. I read it in less than 3 days like a wonderful mystery novel. Dr. B has a great way of writing that makes you feel like you are in a personal conversation with him. And, what he says makes sense. It is not a "diet" book but one to cure what ails you. However, if you need to lose weight you probably will just because what you are eating is what your body needs to not only feel better but level off at the right weight for you! It is also easy to follow. I have been doing as he said for one month now and already feel much better. Buy this book - you won't be sorry!

The Cure: Heal Your Body, Save Your Life
The Cure: Heal Your Body, Save Your Life by Timothy Brantley (Paperback - November 1, 2008)
$14.95 $11.14