5.0 out of 5 stars Whimsical and fun
Published on August 16, 2007 by E. M. Tennessen

3.0 out of 5 stars Get the Cute Stuff Instead
I got the Cute Stuff book from the library and loved it. So I figured I'd buy it along with this one for the ultimate cute.

However, I was disappointed to note that even for the exception of some different patterns that most of the content of this book is in the Cute Stuff book.

Still a very cute book with great patterns but check out Cute Stuff...
Published on February 23, 2010 by SabbathLily

5.0 out of 5 stars Whimsical and fun, August 16, 2007
This review is from: The Cute Book (Hardcover)
I bought this book for the tiny felt projects, then found that the text is also very "kawaii" and fun. I took the book with me on a car ride with my family, read the text out loud, and we laughed ourselves senseless over the stories. The strangely weird names and tiny stories about each of the characters does add considerably to the charm of this book. For example, there is a "kidnapper" doll and an alien doll amidst the familiar bunny, teddy and kitty. I personally do not see making a kidnapper in the near future, but if I ever need one, say, to kidnap a tiny teddy, I have the pattern to make one. The projects are very simple and need few materials and sewing expertise. If you've crafted with felt before, you'll have no problem getting started with these projects. The layout and presentation of this small volume are appealing, detailed and colorful. This is my first Aronzo book and I look forward to seeing more. Also, if you are easily amused by strange cute stuff but are not a crafter, you will want this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love It!, April 14, 2007
This review is from: The Cute Book (Hardcover)
This is simply the easiest (& cutest) little craft book out. When my daughter is old enough, I plan on using this book to break her into the wide world of hand sewing. The layout is excellent & the instructions could not possibly be any clearer. If you like making simply little animals & don't want it to take all day? This is book for you. It also contains excellent ideas on what to do with the little creatures once you've made them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super Japanese Cuteness!, June 15, 2007
This review is from: The Cute Book (Hardcover)
I saw this book in the bookstore, and I couldn't resist buying it. The book show directions for making a different little character on every two pages. Each set of directions contains pattern pieces that can be used as are, or can be enlarged or shrunk. The sewing instructions are super clear, and all stitches are shown at the beginning of the book.

The directions are so simple that a child as young as seven or eight could make these with a bit of help. For the older person, there are instruction on how to make a larger stuffed animal by doubling some pattern pieces and enlarging the pattern. There are also applique instructions for putting these little animals on bags, clothing, etc. Finally, instructions also explain how to make keychains, bookmarks, and ponyail holders.

Pictures are great, too. The photographs depict their stuffed animals creating the little mascots, and the line drawings are clear.

The part I like best about this book, as with most Japanese books I have seen, is the translation. It makes me laugh. Here's a great quote: "Everyone will say, 'how cute!' (we promise) People will be jealous and might even resent you. Be careful... Nice felt mascots. Crazy felt mascots. Bravo! Felt mascots!" Can't go wrong with something like that. :-)

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy, Handcrafted, Chic Cuteness...but a little twisted, July 25, 2007
This review is from: The Cute Book (Hardcover)
I am a novice with the needle and have little time and skill to make big projects, even though I admire all those gorgeous crafts on etsy. The Cute Book enables even a novice to complete fun stuffed mascots quickly. It includes easy, simplistic patterns for several animals, including a cat, dog, fish, squirrel, hippo, frog, bird, sheep, etc. You can use wool felt or those twenty-cent felt squares available at craft stores. Because the mascots are so small, only a couple of inches (unless you enlarge the patterns), a low-cost investment in felt squares, needles, embroidery floss, and polyester fill will make many little toys or appliques. Clear, illustrated instructions on the few stitches recommended, even a straight stitch and a french knot. (Hint: I do not bother gluing on ears or limbs because it is just easy to stitch them in as you sew the bodies.) Fun, easy, cute...right? Just to make sure it's not too sappy, the book also includes not only a robot and alien but also a liar, bad guy, and kidnapper ("Kidnapper's job is to steal kids. That white bag is his work bag.") The menacing and twisted side of Aranzi Aronzo. The last couple of pages of the book offer photographs of various projects, including appliques on shirts and tote bags, mascots on hair clips, etc., and it's fabulous that the section is titled: "You Can Do That."

5.0 out of 5 stars Cuteness in a book, February 11, 2007
NxtDrGrrl (Los Angeles, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Cute Book (Hardcover)
I found this book at the bookstore last night and I couldn't resist. There are very clear, concise instructions on how to create the characters within, including other uses for the design. It's less than 50 pages, but chockful of cuteness.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Kawaii!, May 29, 2007
Mary Anne Pangilinan (Melbourne, Australia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Cute Book (Hardcover)
I'm from Australia and we dont get the range of books that appear here on Amazon. I read the reviews to help me purchase items, so I hope this helps someone else. This book is very kawaii (cute)! There are many great little characters to make ( I want to make them all) and the instructions are very clear and simple with diagrams. Basically the instructions are for a small felt mascot. They also have pictures at the back which shows how you can use the patterns for different applications - large softies or for applique work. The book has great pictures and illustrations and inspires you make your own mascots as well! Definitely purchase this book if you are into Japanese craft/aesthetic!

5.0 out of 5 stars SO CUTE!! AND EASY!!, August 9, 2007
serendipity (Long Island, NY USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Cute Book (Hardcover)
Although i got this book a few weeks ago, i attempted my first project yesterday. As the title states, all of the projects are VERY cute! And there is definitely something for everyone. I am a beginner sewer, so this is something that was perfect for me. Cut, glue, and sew. Tada! Cute little cat! The projects cost very little to complete, but can be a little time consuming. Little knowledge of sewing is necessary, and the only items you need are: felt, glue, scissors, embroidery thread, a needle, fiber fill, and tracing paper. The written instructions aren't very clear, but for the most part the pictures are self-explanatory.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy, Cheap, and Cute!, December 10, 2007
This review is from: The Cute Book (Hardcover)
This book is absolutely awesome! It's full of patterns to make adorable, quirky little dolls. You could easily make someone a wonderful gift by buying this book, a few sheets of felt, some sewing needles, some embroidery floss and a small bag of fiberfill. The recipient would then have everything he or she needed to make these little mascots. This book would be great for a kid who is just getting into crafting, but it's great for adults and experienced crafters too.

5.0 out of 5 stars cute but twisted!, February 23, 2007
This review is from: The Cute Book (Hardcover)
This book is small but filled with cute little felt projects. The reason I ended up buying it, however, was for the strange humor mixed throughout. Along with a fish, a cute puppy, and a monkey is a felt pattern for, of all things, a kidnapper! The book also shows how you can make little goodies like hairclips, add the projects to bags, make keychains, etc. I am off to order the other one in the series, Bad Book, right now!

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy for kids and adults, May 14, 2007
E. Sawyer (St. Louis, MO) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Cute Book (Hardcover)
I ordered this book because I needed some simple sewing projects for kids. I was not disapointed. In fact, I couldn't wait to make the projects either! All directions are easy to follow and come with color illustrations. Each project (like "fish" "pinkie" "kidnapper" "bear"..) has life-size pattern templates as well as a life-size finished doll so you can compare your finished piece to it. The unique style of humor is a plus too. This is a perfect book to use on a lazy afternoon to create cheap, quick, VERY cute crafts. In fact, it inspires you to create your own designs too! Yay!

The Cute Book
The Cute Book by Aranzi Aronzo (Hardcover - February 6, 2007)
$12.95 $9.22