Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The DIY Bride Crafty Countdown: 40 Fabulous Projects to Make in the Months, Weeks & Hours Before Your Special Day
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Eli Paperboy Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro STEM

Showing 1-10 of 12 reviews(5 star). Show all reviews
on February 3, 2010
I dreamed of a wedding of elaborate elegance,
A church filled with family and friends.
I asked him what kind of a wedding he wished for,
He said one that would make me his wife.
-- Author Unknown

Are you planning your special wedding day? If so, how would you like to make your wedding look like it cost thousands of dollars, when it actually only cost a fraction of that amount?

Planning a wedding may seem like a fairytale occasion but in reality it takes a lot of work, advance preparation, and high organization skills to turn your special day into a memorable event.

Khris Cochran's offer a stress free solution in her book The DIY Bride Crafty Countdown: 40 Fabulous Projects to Make in the Months, Weeks & Hours before Your Special Day. In it you will find unique wedding craft ideas that can easily be made with your own hands. The bright vivid pictures will have you wanting to make each and every one of the 40 craft projects in this one book.

I am a huge fan of DIY; I could spend hours watching all the wonderful shows it offers. I was so impressed with Khris Cochran's knowledge and guidance. The high quality wedding ideas she presents is ingenious. These ideas can reduce your wedding costs from the moment you open the book.

Of the forty projects in this book, my all time favorite were the hand-colored wedding invitation. Normally, the price for 100 invitations would cost approximately $300.00 with this book you are able to make your own at the same high quality of only $60.00. These invitations are to be my future wedding invitations when I find that special someone.

Another helpful feature this book offers is the project timeline. This gives the bride a timeline to see how far in advance she needs to start her projects. The project time line goes from twelve months in advance and then takes the bride all the way up to the day of her wedding.

The DIY Bride Crafty Countdown: 40 Fabulous Projects to Make in the Months, Weeks & Hours before Your Special Day is a wonderful addition to any engaged bride. It will help lower the stress that often goes along with planning a wedding. With all the money that you will save, you will be able to take that honeymoon you have always dreamed about. In today's economy, where every cent counts, this book is an essential wedding planner in itself. It is definitely a book that I plan to store in my hope chest and use the day I become engaged.
on March 26, 2012
I was planning our destination wedding and wanted it to be as special as possible. I love DIY projects and since I had plenty of time for planning, and the desire to make everything thing custom just for our special day, this book was great! I'm sure it ended up saving us a great deal of money, since something ended up being much fancier than we would've afforded had we purchased them (e.g. I made sand- and beach-glass- filled window pane invitations) but if I were trying to be militantly strict I could've found cheaper at pre-fab sites without having the fun little details.

At the end of the day I don't know that DIY saves you much if you count for time, but what I can tell you is it was very evident to all of our guests that not one detail hadn't been thought of and from the heart. For our wedding we had the ring-bearer bird's nest, the memorial candles and the custom water bottle labels. They all turned out great!

One reviewer mentioned this not being great for people who are new to crafting. While I've done plenty of crafting and DIY projects, I didn't find this especially onerous. That being said, if you were in fact new, although I'm sure you could eventually figure all these projects out, it probably wouldn't be a time saver.

All in all, this book was great and helped give us precisely the custom, special and unique wedding we wanted.
on February 26, 2012
Bought it for my daughter-in-law-to-be but I read it first ! Good price and tons of good tips for planning a wedding on a shoestring budget. If you can buy it used, do so. After all, it only gets used once ! Right ? Vendor delivered on time and was as discribed.
on December 16, 2012
I made all my own decorations for our wedding, so this book was a great help! I only ended up using a couple items from the book, but used other ideas from the book to spin off to another craft. Definitely would recommend.
on November 27, 2010
This book has tons of ideas that you can tweek to make your own. It's great for a beginner do-it-yourselfer and also great for someone who just wants some ideas.
on December 27, 2011
I had purchased DIY Bride and found it limiting. Some of the ideas were tacky or cheesey and there didn't seem to be a broad scope of wedding styles represented. This book, in contrast, is great! The directions are easy to follow and the ideas are fresh and fun. Even if the particular craft doesn't fit your idea comlpetely you can alter it very simply.
on January 31, 2011
I absolutely in love with this book. I have an entire bookshelf of wedding diy books and wedding magazines with diy articles. this is by far and away my favorite of all of them! i plan on making almost everything in the book or at least a variation of it.
on April 21, 2010
This book is fabulous! Kris Cochran's prior DIY Bride book was a fabulous collection of easy and enjoyable DIY projects, and I recommend that one too for all of your DIY wedding projects. But this gorgeous book presents new and exciting DIY projects, and I *love* how beautifully the projects are shown, how step-by-step each craft is explained, and how truly unique these ideas are!

What's even better is that you don't have to be on a budget to use these ideas -- although each is extremely budget-friendly! I recommend this book highly, beyond highly, if you simply want to personalize your wedding...or a bridal shower...or even a bachelorette party or post destination-wedding celebration. Your fabulous projects will be one-of-a-kind, and such fun to get together with friends to create.

This is a definite Must-Have book for anyone planning a wedding, and also for wedding coordinators who want to give their bridal clients a fabulous welcome gift.

I wish I could give this one MORE than 5 stars :] Khris, congratulations on a fabulous book! I'm thrilled to have it in my library. I'm not handing this one along. It's a keeper.
on March 11, 2014
I was able to individualize projects in this book to fit my wedding and was thrilled at the variety of projects shown. Every thing was explained well and had nice pictures to go off of.
on February 13, 2010
The DIY Bride Crafty Countdown is a guide packed cover to cover with great home crafting projects ideal for preparing for one's own wedding - or even for a friend's wedding! Projects are arranged according to time, from six months before the big day to four weeks before to the day before. From beautiful invitations, to stylish accessories, wonderful mood setters (like a "Love in Lights" wall projection), cute culinary garnishes (like a "Groovy Owl Cake Topper") and much more, The DIY Bride Crafty Countdown is a superb guide to bring out the best of one's creative talents and calm one's racing heart and nerves as the wonderful big day approaches. Also highly recommended is author Khris Cochran's previous wedding craft guide, "The DIY Bride".