Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEM

85%
15%

on December 11, 2014
Its not exactly what I want to hear as a parent. There are a lot of the parts of the book where i realized I needed to open my heart again and I may be just as closed off as my son was. It is a good read and It has really helped!
on August 4, 2011
I love how helpful this book has been for me. I have been able to change my approach to my teens and have seen a change in them. There is less yelling and fighting and I can see an overall growth of peace and happiness in my home.
on October 10, 2013
I have read 5 parent/teen self help books this year including this one and this blew all the others away. My daughter who is 13 was closed off and disconnected from me. We had a terrible mother/daughter relationship. I started using what I had read in the book and our problems are already better. We have been in therapy for a year and I felt this book helped us more than the therapy. She would just shut down and not talk to me or the therapist. With the techniques used in the book I was able to get her to open up and talk. This is one book I will keep and continue to reread as necessary.
on October 14, 2013
This book lays a foundation of honor in the household and then builds on that with practical and easy to institute ideas for peace in the home. Many people have been able to change not only the atmosphere in their home, but their relationship with their teenager. Great personal stories by Gary and Greg to illustrate typical scenarios in a house with a teen and ways to react and respond. I highly recommend this book and wish I had it for my six children. Somehow I thought that if I gave in and quit shouting, I would lose "control." In fact, it is the opposite: once a parent enters the shouting, the parent is totally out of control! If you have a teen or pre-teen, you should read this book.
on August 9, 2013
Appreciated the focus on the marriage of the parents and not simply responding to the issue of the day. Found my contribution on lack of connection to my family firmly rooted in my response to fear and or when my fear buttons get pushed. Reading the book has left me faithful as I can see the things I can address and the tools to do it.

Need more scriptures called out (need more scriptures). Many great points that could be supported by layers of scriptures. Building awareness and faith at the same time. Seems like much effort was made to not offend anyone who may not have a Christian conviction.
on July 21, 2011
I have only read a few chapters so far and I think this is the answer for most problems in relationships. This book is a must have for counselors and anyone with problems to solve.
on September 13, 2013
Anyone with a pre-teen and up need this book! It will help to build better healthy relationships with your children!
on October 24, 2011
This book has been an awesome answer to prayer! Gary and Greg Smalley are very transparent when sharing actual stories of life in the Smalley households. Their ability to be honest about struggles they have had as parents and Greg as an adolescent have been insightful. I have appreciated the examples they have given to back up the points they are trying to make. I wish I had this book several years ago before I approached the adolescent stage.
on October 12, 2014
Very informational and understandable information on teens. This is a good read for parents and teens to help still those turbulent waters of adolescence.
on October 19, 2015