Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $4.99 shipping
+ $3.99 shipping
The Darkness II - PC
|Price:||$9.99 & FREE Shipping on orders over $35. Details|
|You Save:||$20.00 (67%)|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Quad-wielding chaos: Slash, grab, and throw objects and enemies with the Demon Arms while simultaneously firing two weapons, adding a new dimension to the FPS category.
- Intense and personal journey: Experience a dark, twisted and gripping story written exclusively for the game by acclaimed comic book author Paul Jenkins whose credits also include The Incredible Hulk, Wolverine, and the original The Darkness game.
- Distinctive graphic-noir style: Graphic novel shading and color combined with the dramatic lighting of film noir pays tribute to the source material and brings the pages of the comic series to life.
- 4-PLA YER CO-OP CAMPAIGN: Play as one of four unique characters each capable of wielding weapons infused with Darkness powers.
- The Vendettas co-op mode features 4-player support, as well as a separate story and unique characters with abilities tied to the Darkness
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
The Darkness II is an intense first person shooter that delivers a twisted and gripping narrative of tragedy, modern crime drama, and supernatural horror. Sequel to the critically acclaimed 2007 release, The Darkness, The Darkness II is inspired by the popular comic book series produced by Top Cow Productions, Inc. The game features a distinctive art style, quad-wielding weapons/Demon Arm abilities and a co-op multiplayer mode.
The Reemergence of the Darkness
In The Darkness II players are taken down the brutal and personal path of Jackie Estacado, head of a New York crime family and wielder of an ancient and ruthless force of chaos and destruction known as the Darkness. The Darkness II stands out visually with its distinctive graphic noir style, and it is the only first person shooter to feature quad-wielding: the ability to simultaneously utilize four different weapons (2 weapons and Jackie's Demon Arms).
It's been two years since Jackie Estacado used the Darkness to kill the men responsible for his girlfriend's murder. He's been unable to shake the memory of Jenny's death since bottling up his supernatural power and now the Darkness wants out. A sudden, unprovoked attack on Jackie's life heralds the start of a full-scale mob war and opens the door for the Darkness to reemerge. The botched attempt sets Jackie on a journey to hell and worse as he unravels the mystery behind the attack and the motivations of the Darkness itself.
'Vendettas' Co-op Functionality
Vendettas, a co-op multiplayer mode for The Darkness II that can be played with up to four people. The story of Vendettas runs parallel to the events of the game's single-player campaign, and features a cast of characters with unique abilities and histories tied to the Darkness.
Key Game Features
- Quad-wielding Chaos - Slash, grab, and throw objects and enemies with the Demon Arms while simultaneously firing two weapons, adding a new dimension to the FPS category
- Harness an Unstoppable Power – Master the Demon Arms and summon the powers of The Darkness for even more explosive gameplay
- Kill the Lights – The vicious powers of The Darkness manifest only in the shadows so use the environment to your advantage and watch out for enemies who will use light as a weapon
- An Intense and Personal Journey – Experience a dark, twisted and gripping story written exclusively for the game by acclaimed comic book author Paul Jenkins whose credits also include The Incredible Hulk, Wolverine, and the original The Darkness game
- Distinctive Graphic-noire Style – Graphic novel shading and color combined with the dramatic lighting of film noir pays tribute to the source material and brings the pages of the comic series to life. Inspired by the popular comic book series created by Top Cow
- 4-player Co-op – The Vendettas co-op mode features 4-player support, as well as a separate story and unique characters with abilities tied to the Darkness
Master the use of Demon Arms.
4-player co-op mode.
Quad-wield combat abilities.
Utilize your darkling minion.
Top Customer Reviews
There are the glaring issue of linearity. It is quite inexcusable, even for a narrative driven title like this. If it weren't for the Darkness powers, this would have killed the game for me. The powers give the player an unparalleled control over the battlefield, though it's still possible to be overpowered *on the hardest difficulty*. On any setting lower than "Don" the game is piss easy. Wasn't an issue for me, however, as I played exclusively on Don. I recommend everyone else do the same unless they're really new to shooters. But... yeah. The powers. They're good. It takes a bit of "exercising" to get used to manage four limbs at once instead of the usual one in a shooter, but when you do it's really satisfying. Most of the powers from the first game are back, including the creeping dark (where you control a darkling instead of one of your snakes). What annoys me about the creeping dark is that it's completely scripted and you can't actually choose to use it.Read more ›
*Great story and art
*Good controls for a console port
*Vendettas is a cool feature to ad some extra content
*Generally good voice acting
*Game is not a clone of the original
*The main story is short, very short
*The voice acting does get cheesy at some points
Darkness 2 continues after Darkness 1 and quickly puts you into the shoes of Jackie, a troubled love-sick-possessed-Italian-American mobster. Wow.
I won't spoil much but the story is surprisingly compelling and refreshingly dark and humorous at the same time. During each loading screen, players are given small anecdotes and stories about Jenny and Jackie's life and things have come to such an end. Cutscenes and flashbacks give the player direct control throughout the story and you can't help but feel as though you're living apart of his pain. I sat through each one with awe.
The graphics are fairly nice with the cell-shaded look, very similar to Borderlands (same company). The kills and bloodscenes are gorgeous and I love sitting and killing each person with such artfully and tastefully done disembowelments, neck slitting, and mutilations. Those guys at 2k did a great job.
Game Length, Difficulty, Pacing:
The game itself is incredibly easy unless you put it on "Don" mode which is the equivalent of "Legendary" mode. Other modes will seem like a breeze and you'll finish the game within the day given you have no life like me. That being said the game is incredibly short but it is quite satisfying. The game doesn't give you much time to relax or focus on ammo and item arrangement. It is fast paced and you pickup whatever "thing" on the floor or body and use it as a deadly weapon.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I thought it'd be dorky, but it was quite fun. Good gameplay, and the evil serpent arms were neat.Published 2 months ago by Mister Mickey Murphy
Haven't played the first part but I really like the game/Story mode to this game. Had a blast with this game. Graphics are really nice for a quite old but new game. Read morePublished 5 months ago by Sammy
Fantastic, if short, shooting gallery with a dark story and fun missions. A little too comic book-esque in the beginning for its own good.Published 12 months ago by Tanner