Save Big On Open-Box & Preowned: Buy "The Darkness II - Playstation 3” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 56% off the $19.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Preowned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
The Darkness II - Playstation 3
|Price:||$10.96 & FREE Shipping on orders over $35. Details|
|You Save:||$9.03 (45%)|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Quad-wielding chaos: Slash, grab, and throw objects and enemies with the Demon Arms while simultaneously firing two weapons, adding a new dimension to the FPS category.
- Intense and personal journey: Experience a dark, twisted and gripping story written exclusively for the game by acclaimed comic book author Paul Jenkins whose credits also include The Incredible Hulk, Wolverine, and the original The Darkness game.
- Distinctive graphic-noir style: Graphic novel shading and color combined with the dramatic lighting of film noir pays tribute to the source material and brings the pages of the comic series to life.
- 4-PLA YER CO-OP CAMPAIGN: Play as one of four unique characters each capable of wielding weapons infused with Darkness powers.
- The Vendettas co-op mode features 4-player support, as well as a separate story and unique characters with abilities tied to the Darkness
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
The Darkness II is an intense first person shooter that delivers a twisted and gripping narrative of tragedy, modern crime drama, and supernatural horror. Sequel to the critically acclaimed 2007 release, The Darkness, The Darkness II is inspired by the popular comic book series produced by Top Cow Productions, Inc. The game features a distinctive art style, quad-wielding weapons/ability abilities and a co-op multiplayer mode.
The Reemergence of the Darkness
In The Darkness II players are taken down the brutal and personal path of Jackie Estacado, head of a New York crime family and wielder of an ancient and ruthless force of chaos and destruction known as the Darkness. The Darkness II stands out visually with its distinctive graphic noir style, and it is the only first person shooter to feature Quad-Wielding: the ability to simultaneously utilize four different weapons.
It's been two years since Jackie Estacado used the Darkness to kill the men responsible for his girlfriend's murder. He's been unable to shake the memory of Jenny's death since bottling up his supernatural power and now the Darkness wants out. A sudden, unprovoked attack on Jackie's life heralds the start of a full-scale mob war and opens the door for the Darkness to reemerge. The botched attempt sets Jackie on a journey to hell and worse as he unravels the mystery behind the attack and the motivations of the Darkness itself.
'Vendettas' Co-op Functionality
Vendettas, a co-op multiplayer mode for The Darkness II that can be played with up to four people. The story of Vendettas runs parallel to the events of the single-player campaign, and features a cast of characters with unique abilities and histories tied to the Darkness.
Key Game Features
- Quad-wielding Chaos - Slash, grab, and throw objects and enemies with the Demon Arms while simultaneously firing two weapons, adding a new dimension to the FPS category.
- Harness an Unstoppable Power – Master the Demon Arms and summon the powers of The Darkness for even more explosive gameplay.
- Kill the Lights – The vicious powers of The Darkness manifest only in the shadows so use the environment to your advantage and watch out for enemies who will use light as a weapon.
- An Intense and Personal Journey – Experience a dark, twisted and gripping story written exclusively for the game by acclaimed comic book author Paul Jenkins whose credits also include The Incredible Hulk, Wolverine, and the original The Darkness game.
- Distinctive Graphic-noire Style – Graphic novel shading and color combined with the dramatic lighting of film noir pays tribute to the source material and brings the pages of the comic series to life. Inspired by the popular comic book series created by Top Cow.
- 4-player Co-op – The Vendettas co-op mode features 4-player support, as well as a separate story and unique characters with abilities tied to the Darkness.
Master the use of Demon Arms.
4-player co-op mode.
Quad-wield combat abilities.
Utilize your darkling minion.
Platform: PlayStation 3
Top Customer Reviews
What's changed in the last five years? Well plenty in the gaming community but The Darkness 2 holds staunchly to tried and true gaming practices that might leave you feeling like you've done this one too many times before. In fact besides the shift to a cell-shaded graphics style there's not much that's changed at all.
The Darkness 2 once again puts you in control of Jackie Estacado who has been living the dream life of a Mafioso gangster in NYC. It becomes apparent that Jackie has been trying to control "the darkness" by limiting his usage of the creature. Events quickly transpire that force Jackie to once again release the twin-headed beast and take on an army of magically-infused baddies intent on stripping Jackie of his powers. The Darkness 2 transpires pretty much entirely on NYC streets and buildings with a brief exception near the end of the title. There's not a whole lot of variety to the locations you'll visit in the game but really you won't have much time to tire of the setting because this game is very, very short.
Even for a shooter this game can be finished easily in a few short sittings. This in itself isn't necessarily a bad thing. But The Darkness 2 does absolutely nothing new. You start of the beginning of a level and mow down wave after wave of mostly idiotic AI bots that run right at your overpowered character.Read more ›
There are the glaring issue of linearity. It is quite inexcusable, even for a narrative driven title like this. If it weren't for the Darkness powers, this would have killed the game for me. The powers give the player an unparalleled control over the battlefield, though it's still possible to be overpowered *on the hardest difficulty*. On any setting lower than "Don" the game is piss easy. Wasn't an issue for me, however, as I played exclusively on Don. I recommend everyone else do the same unless they're really new to shooters. But... yeah. The powers. They're good. It takes a bit of "exercising" to get used to manage four limbs at once instead of the usual one in a shooter, but when you do it's really satisfying. Most of the powers from the first game are back, including the creeping dark (where you control a darkling instead of one of your snakes). What annoys me about the creeping dark is that it's completely scripted and you can't actually choose to use it.Read more ›
Do you like atmosphere?
Do you like having two demonic tentacle heads protruding from your back that allow you to whip, grab, dismember, and look bad ass?
Welcome to The Darkness 2.
The Darkness 2 has a great story that loosely continues from the first game, don't worry there's a quick reintroduction by Johnny, but the game also grows on its own in many ways. Being possessed by this evil being you switch between realities, questioning your sanity as you try to discover why a secret group is searching for the Darkness.
Along the way you relive past painful memories, protect your turf as a mafia boss, and literally destroy people in some of the most horrific scenes of dismemberment and butchery. Killing and eating hearts, yummy, will add to a counter of Dark Essence that you can use to unlock more advanced powers and bonuses. This gives the game a nice balance of action and attributes, allowing you to specialize and eventually master, all of the four talent trees.
The action itself is done well, a mix of gun fighting and Darkness powers that can get pretty challenging on the highest difficulty towards the end of the game. You can always press select to show you the next location and the game auto saves enough that you never get frustrated with having to replay a long sequence. The voice acting and the care given to the characters is top notch and for those of us who appreciate it, very rewarding.
The single player campaign is not too long depending on difficulty level and your level of expertise, but I found the story and atmosphere so refined that I thoroughly enjoyed my play through and recommended it. Also of note is the Vendettas campaign.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Absolutely terrible! I give it 2 stars only cause I'm a huge fan of the comic and I like hearing the Darkness talk to me :PPublished 10 months ago by The Black Market
ok this game is great and if you want to play it go for it youll have a blast campaign is short but the vendettas makes up for it. Read morePublished 13 months ago by Nate M.
Excellent conditions delivered as expected. 100% Recommended.Published 13 months ago by Carlos Hernandez