5.0 out of 5 stars Make it your own...
Published on March 25, 2011 by cindles1987

3.0 out of 5 stars I'm Hungry!
Published on January 26, 2009 by gdeezy

5.0 out of 5 stars Make it your own..., March 25, 2011
This review is from: The 4 Day Diet (Paperback)
Okay, here is the deal. I am not into fad diets and I work out 6 days a week but I also struggle with food and my weight fluctuates. I saw this on television and I was just curious because the first 4 days is like a cleanse. This is what I did. I followed the first 4 days and added a 5th day (by doing day 4 twice). The next two days were like free days, but I didn't go eating thousands of calories. Then, I did it another week. Then another week. After 4 weeks, I lost 16 pounds. I just made it my own and took what I wanted out of it. The food wasn't that hard to follow, actually. I didn't go past the 4 day cleanse, but I lost the weight and kept it off.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dr. Ian Smith's 4 Day Diet Changed My Life, April 27, 2011
This review is from: The 4 Day Diet (Paperback)
I purchased this book back in September of 2010. I'm 35 years old, married and have 3 children...and I've been on many, many diets. The weight had slowly crept up on me over the past 12 years and before I knew it, I was at 180! I'm 5'1" and at that weight, I was beginning to have knee problems and just didn't feel great most of the time. My size 14s were beginning to get really tight and I just refused to buy a bigger size. I'd been meaning to buy this book for some time. The first thing that struck me was Dr. Ian took the emotional touchy feely stuff out of dieting--he says, in layman's terms, what happens to the body when we consume food. The first week, I lost 7 lbs and I was hooked. I must admit that I actually cried when I served the family lasagna for dinner one night and knew that wasn't in my meal plan for the day. From that day on, I started to focus on foods I could have instead of foods I couldn't. I eat my favorite steamed veggies--red potatoes, broccoli, carrots, snap peas with salsa, lemon pepper, or parmesan. I make sure to bring snack foods along with me--easy travel stuff like apples, grapes, baby carrots. If I'm on the road and tempted to hit the drive thru, instead I'll hit the produce isle at the grocery store--it takes just as long!

This has been a real life changer for me. I feel so great and my husband loves my trimmed down figure--no more knee pain and it's not a struggle to get off the couch now--I've lost 40 lbs so far...and counting!

5.0 out of 5 stars Only for the serious, December 31, 2009
TCrunk (nashville, TN United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The 4 Day Diet (Hardcover)
If you are serious about losing weight, this is a must buy. The first 8-10 days is pretty tough, but very effective. The better you plan ahead the easier it is to stick to it. The weight I lost has stayed off going on 9 months. You will start to feel better (Healthier) after the 2nd or 3rd day.Highly recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, February 16, 2009
This review is from: The 4 Day Diet (Hardcover)
This book is great. I've been doing the diet for 2 weeks and I have lost 10 pounds! It is very strict, and you will get results if you are willing to follow the strict schedule. I will admit I was hungry for the first week as my body adjusted to learning portion control. What I like best is that it teaches you a healthy way of eating to follow for life which is what I want, not just a quick fix for weight loss.

4.0 out of 5 stars tough start but a great turn out, April 25, 2010
This review is from: The 4 Day Diet (Paperback)
the first module of the book is the hardest..the detox..ok first I couldn't do that I tried but it was very hard..but really the rest of the modules were good..and yes the cabbage soup is to die for..yummy...I love Dr Ian and I have every book he has written and I will say this book is the best..I modified the meals and made them my own and I exercised more leading me to lose 13 lbs..just use it as a guideline and you will be fine..its a great book

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Great And Easy Diet, February 20, 2009
This review is from: The 4 Day Diet (Hardcover)
I like Dr. Ian's diets. I lost 17 pounds on Extreme Fat Smash and have kept it off. I lost 4 pounds on Induction and will weigh myself again once I am done with all phases. This one has more variety and more food so you will be able to stick with most parts of it once the weight is lost. Someone commented that the diet is not 4 days as if Dr. Ian meant to decieve you. There is no deception here and you should never follow a diet that promises you will lose all the weight you want in only 4 days. The diet is broken up in 4 day modules because calorie fluctuation keeps your metabolism from stalling. It also helps psychologically because it is 4 days at a time rather than thinking about 6-8 weeks at a time. Another reviewer complained that the book doesn't tell you what to eat - false, false, false. These are not sample menus, Dr. Ian tells you exactly what to eat each and every single day and the exact amount. I type up the menu for each module and post it on my fridge and pull them down as each day is completed. You don't have to use the recipes in his book and he doesn't say which recipe matches which module because they apply to ALL phases. Also I would advise that you read the entire book as it will help you stick to the diet and be able to maintain the weight afterwards. All that information is not fluff. I think that's one of the main reasons people don't do well on diets - they never read the information the author provides and just skip straight to the diet and then wonder why it didn't work.

3.0 out of 5 stars I'm Hungry!, January 26, 2009
This review is from: The 4 Day Diet (Hardcover)
I'm trying so hard to give this diet a chance. I'm on Week #3 and I have lost about 3-4 lbs. However, I'm terribly hungry!! The first module is basically fruit, veggies, beans, and rice. There is a cabbage soup recipe that you start on day 3 that is pretty good. The downside is that the recipe makes enough soup to feed a kindergarten class! I should have reduced the size. Module 2 is the same food everyday and that's where it starts to get very boring. I am so saladed out that I don't know what to do!! During Module 2, 4 oz of meat is added, but the only thing to eat with the meat is beans or...guess what.... a salad!! I actually got through that one and now according to the good doctor's instructions, I can pick any of the other modules in any order. I chose the Pace module which adds 5 oz of meat, sandwiches, and chili. I thought this one would be easier, but I just got through eating lunch which was 1 Cup of vegetable soup and I'm still hungry! Most of the modules do allow 2 snacks a day, but for me they just make me hungrier (rice cakes, yogurt, more fruit!, air-popped popcorn (where in the heck do you get that?), etc.). There is also a lot of exercising required almost everyday. I've done pretty good on that, but not as much as is required. The plan is sensible and really didn't take a doctor to figure out. There is no big secret to this diet, it is just very low caloric intake and exercising. I can't rate this very high because there is just not enough variety in the meal plans. Also, there are recipes at the end of the book, but I can't figure out how to incorporate them into the plan. I was somewhat disappointed with this book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Love it, but..., April 6, 2010
This review is from: The 4 Day Diet (Paperback)
I love the idea of the diet, it gives a great framework for foods you should be incorporating into your diet if you are interested in losing weight. The only problem that I have is that often the information is missing. For instance, on page 24, it references "eight Fat Smash Goal Setter questions" yet there are only seven questions listed. I have noticed other such editing errors in the book. With so little additional web help and no customer service number to call to get the missing information, I think they need to go back and edit this book before they reprint it.

5.0 out of 5 stars great easy instruction and really works, October 4, 2009
This review is from: The 4 Day Diet (Hardcover)
Loved this plan. Easy for people who don't like to cook and it featured inexspensive foods. The plan worked for me!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars 4 Day Diet, March 1, 2009
This review is from: The 4 Day Diet (Hardcover)
The book is another easy read of Dr. Ian Smith as I have read "The Fat Smash Diet" which was an easy read. I liked both diets, with "The Fat Smash Diet", I lost 17 pounds and so far I've lost 6 pounds with " The 4 Day Diet". My favorite of the two would be "The 4 Day Diet" because I like the ability to change the eating plan every four days. This diet allows more variety in food choices early on in the plan, instead of one phase for several weeks. The exercise regime for each module isn't bad at all, it allows for a rest day during each module. I like the incorporation of the strength training as well. The beginning of the book was helpful in helping you to get mentally prepared for the diet plan. I have enjoyed reading and doing two of Dr. Ian Smith's diets, and I would highly recommend either of the two diet plans for someone who is motivated to lose weight. The two plans are easily considered a lifestyle eating plan.

The 4 Day Diet
The 4 Day Diet by Ian Smith (Hardcover - December 30, 2008)
$24.95 $9.98