5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, versatile bag!
I have stalked this bag online for about 9 months now and finally purchased it. I was hoping to get it in the linen color but after reading that dark colors easily transfer to the leather, I opted with the Cayenne and I'm so glad I did.

Published 21 months ago by J. Brooke Barrow

3.0 out of 5 stars quality issues
Published 7 months ago by Agatha

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, versatile bag!, February 9, 2013

The Cayenne is a very nice reddish orange combination, somewhat of a rust with orange tones (it looks the color of red Play-doh in the pictures -- it's better in person). The leather if very soft and the grain from panel to panel matches and flows seamlessly. Another commenter elsewhere noted that their bag appeared pieced together with terribly mismatching grains; that's entirely possible with a different bag, but to me, it appears the bag panels were cut from one large piece of leather and stitched together. The grains are all identical. The leather is buttery soft yet maintains its shape well.

The bag is constructed very well, stitching is very nice and a deep brownish-green on the Cayenne. The edges are all nicely done and none of the stitching has shown indication of coming loose. It has a fantastic size of about 12" wide, 10" high, and about 3" deep at the bottom, 1.5" deep at the top. The size tapers off from the bottom to the top to create a very nice, symmetric shape. It's large enough to carry a wallet, keys, a sunglasses case, ipod, cell phone, small makeup bag, and cables/cords for electronics with plenty of room to spare. I've stuffed it quite full, almost to the point of the top not closing, and it was neither too heavy to carry nor too small to fit all the extra unnecessary items.

The inside is very nice with two elasticised pockets that are large enough to hold a cell phone and ipod, yet small enough to not lose anything dropped into them. There's also a zipper pocket on the inside back wall; call me crazy, but I find zipper pockets useless. The outside slip pocket on the back is perfect for those who want to drop keys or a lipgloss in, but I find a small grab-and-go wallet (the mini zipper wallets with a slip pocket on either side, roughly 3"x2") fits perfectly in the pocket and falls far enough down to not be seen. And since that side of the purse should theoretically be carried against the body, no one should have access to what is inside.

The top flap also unzips to a second cavity the entire length of the purse and as tall as the bag with the flap up. It would be a great cavity to store an iPad mini or small tablet, a calendar or notepad, or even a separate wallet or small makeup bag. I personally don't care for the pattern inside the zippered cavity as it's a printed image of multi-colored crochet or knit yarn, but that's just my opinion. I certainly wouldn't base purchasing another one off of that.

I may be the only person who likes the fabric strap. Many have complained that it isn't leather and cheapens the look of the bag but I disagree. I think if it were leather it would have to be thinner and would possibly bite into the shoulder too much, but as is, it's a little more than an inch wide and doesn't become uncomfortable while carrying for extended lengths of time. There's a padded shoulder protector that is nice but useless if the strap is adjusted too much to accommodate a shorter person. I'm 5'4" and the strap is adjusted so the bag falls against the top of my butt. The shoulder pad still sits on my shoulder, but adjusting the strap any shorter will render the pad useless.

I've received a lot of compliments on the bag and would definitely, without a doubt, recommend it to anyone or purchase it as a gift for someone special. The Sak Deena is one of the best bags I've purchased in a while, and even compared to Kate Spade, Dooney & Burke, Michael Kors, or Coach, I would still recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little bag!, July 4, 2012
I am so happy with this purchase. The bag is true to color and very soft to the touch. The material is high quality and I can see it holding up for quite a long time. I would definitely buy from this brand again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Cross-body Bag, December 10, 2012
This bag is great. At first I wasn't sure if I was going to really like the bag or the size since I am such a fan of lager purses and satchels. However, this cross-body bag is like a wonderful surprise. Upon receiving the package I thought I was going to send it back only because I didn't think it would be large enough. Then I started dropping items in the bag and I fell in love. It's really spacious! I immediately took the tag off and put it to use. I have gotten so many compliments on this bag and now my mother wants one as well!

The leather is so soft and the color is amazing. I'm about six feet tall and the strap is long enough to place comfortable across my torso. It's adjustable so average height and shorter individuals can also use this bag without it hanging down to their ankles. This is my first The Sak bag and I must say I am now a fan. I'll probably add another bag or two... or three from them to my collection!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Design, September 17, 2011
K. Harris (Santa Clarita,CA) - See all my reviews
This purse must have been designed by a woman! It is a great everyday purse and holds a lot of things. I never have to hunt for what I am looking for and it has just the right amount of interior pockets. The only thing I would change is that I wish that it had a leather strap. This is such a practical design that I am surprised they haven't brought out one that is larger for women who like a bigger bag.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super bag, just the right size!, June 14, 2013
Not too big, not too small! My girlfriend has two of these bags! I was looking for a nicer, (cross body bag, but the strap is also adjustable to carry over shoulder from long to above waist).It is a great size with one outside pocket, on the body side to drop my keys into, deep enough that things don't fall out. A zip pocket inside, and two organizational pockets to hold cell phone etc..., Love the flap zipper option, I was surprised that this ran the whole length of the bag, but after I started using it, I decided I love this about the bag. It does not weigh the flap down, and it will hold so much.
The only thing that I would change about the bag, is that the opening to the main compartment is slightly smaller than I expected, but my wallet fits though it and it does not bother me.
Bag fits well on body, and the leather feels nice, I got the red/coral color and love it!
I am probably going to buy another one of these in a more neutral color. Great price for the quality of this bag!

3.0 out of 5 stars quality issues, April 9, 2014
I was very excited to buy this purse. I love the design. But then I noticed some things...It does have two nice, big functional compartments where you can fit a lot, and still not feel or look bulky. The first problem is that one of the compartments is lined with black fabric. I had never thought about it before, but having a purse with black compartment makes it very hard to see what's in there. It is like a black hole. I wish it was in a bright color so that I can see and find my belongings easier. The second problem is the quality of the product. I have had it for just over a week, and the stitching started coming undone. It is not what I expected from this brand. The quality has gone down..

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for travel, February 22, 2012
I purchased this bag for an upcoming trip to Europe. I read another review that mentioned how light it is, so I thought it would be perfect. It's very light and spacious without being bulky - hard to get both in a xfit purse/bag. Really excited for this bag b/c it will fit my essentials + camera in Europe. Can't wait to take it along! Also, the metallic color will go with SO much - an added bonus to the fashion conscious. :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Classy and well-designed, January 20, 2013
I like the slight sheen to the leather and soft pebble texture. Previoius reviewer complained about the cloth strap, however, if you truly want an over-the-shoulder bag this works very well because it's easy to place over your head and the tear-drop shaped body rides nicely just above the hip and out of the way of other things you may be carrying. I'm 5'1 and didn't want a giant bag tugging on my neck. This is perfect.

5.0 out of 5 stars It is beautiful., January 9, 2014
I purchased this SAK Flap Bag for my wife as a gift and she loves it. Her eyes lit up and a big smile came on her face as she pulled it out of the box. It is so soft and there is a lot of room for all those things she carries. It is perfect.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good purchase, January 2, 2013
Claudia Hernandez Garcia (Coyoacan, Ciudad de Mexico) - See all my reviews
I thought it'd be a bit bigger, but size turned out to be pretty good. Cleans easily and color is not washed out. Love the zippered section. Would recommend.

The SAK Deena Flap Cross Body Handbag