4.0 out of 5 stars Better Than Expected
When I purchased "The Defiant Hero", I really wasn't expecting to like it(me not being a big fan of action, shoot em' up types of novels). The book was much more than I expected it to be. In fact, the next in the series is at the top of my reading list. If I'm not mistakened it's entitled "Over the Edge".
The "The Defiant Hero"...
Published on July 16, 2001 by beebee0120

3.0 out of 5 stars Forget Nils and Meg: It's all about Sam and Alyssa
First I must take issue with the fact that people keep insisting that you don't have to read the Troubleshooters books in sequence. I contend you do. I read The Unsung Hero first and then jumped to Into the Storm and frankly felt like I had ruined the series by doing so. It doesn't help that the books are in no way labeled as a series. I really missed out on enjoying the...
Published on July 23, 2008 by t.m.

‹ Previous | 14 5 69 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 7, 2014
Great series!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful book!, July 4, 2014
This review is from: The Defiant Hero (Troubleshooters Book 2) (Kindle Edition)
This has to be one of Brockman's best. The Seal Team was an integral part of this multi centered story and it was almost impossible to put down once started. Cannot wait for her next one

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, June 15, 2014
This review is from: The Defiant Hero (Troubleshooters Book 2) (Kindle Edition)
This book could have been better. It needs editing. If she cut out the side short with the grandma, and cut down on meg in the car, it would have been a great book.it took to long to gett the point

5.0 out of 5 stars A great ride, May 4, 2014
This review is from: The Defiant Hero (Troubleshooters Book 2) (Kindle Edition)
Well-drawn and sympathetic characters along with a compelling plot; flashback structure added interest and depth; threatening villains; lovely secondary plot of grandmother's love story - all these made this novel un-put-downable!
The novel did have some flaws but they don't seriously interrupt the flow: the hero's almost inexhaustible patience stretched reality, and the heroine's almost inexhaustible lack of trust was a bit overdone. A subplot involving a team member and a tough FBI agent added little, was just annoying.
Even with flaws, however, the novel took me out of the everyday for an exciting story. In my opinion, it's very deserving of a five-star rating!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Defiant Hero, April 10, 2014
This review is from: The Defiant Hero (Troubleshooters Book 2) (Kindle Edition)
Great book . Started reading "Trouble Shooter" series while driving to vacation destinations. Kept us both interested so much, we finished books by playing on our home CD player. Kudos to Suzanne Brockmann

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding, March 18, 2014
This review is from: The Defiant Hero (Troubleshooters Book 2) (Kindle Edition)
one of the best by Brockman liked the mixture of the storylines kept you guessing I could hardly put the story down

4.0 out of 5 stars A great read, March 2, 2014
m (United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Defiant Hero (Troubleshooters Book 2) (Kindle Edition)
Another great book in the Troubleshooters series. If you are new to Suzanne Brockman, once you read this, she'll be on your list of favorite authors.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it, February 23, 2014
This review is from: The Defiant Hero (Troubleshooters Book 2) (Kindle Edition)
I love the Troubleshooter series..the books have immediately "sucked" me in and I have a hard time putting the books down

5.0 out of 5 stars Both Hero and Heroine are "Defiant", January 26, 2014
This review is from: The Defiant Hero (Troubleshooters Book 2) (Kindle Edition)
I don’t know too many authors who can pull off a book that is almost half flashbacks, AND told from so many points of view. I’m not normally crazy about either, but it works for me here.

“Defiant” could apply to both the hero and heroine of the main story of the book. Navy SEAL John Nilsson defies his superiors and risks his career. And Meg continually defies John and everyone else to stick to her plan.

For being a smart woman, Meg did some really dumb stuff. And it took a little too long for Meg to finally trust John and work WITH him instead of against him. And some of John’s devotion was almost out of the realm of believability. But the building sexual tension was so well done (including history/flashback) that I was willing to forgive these small transgressions. :-)

As for the side stories: there’s a spicy one with two of John’s cohorts that really doesn’t impact this story. It was a distraction (although a rather, ahem, interesting one). And the sub-theme with the grandmother’s love story…well, I thought for sure that was going to be a tear-jerker but it ended with an HEA, which was more satisfying. And thank goodness the daughter didn’t die in the end (oops, sorry - spoiler alert - but you probably guessed that already) because that would have pissed me off!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good story, January 7, 2014
This review is from: The Defiant Hero (Troubleshooters Book 2) (Kindle Edition)
This is the 2nd in the series and just as good as the first. The story kept me interested the whole book.

‹ Previous | 14 5 69 | Next ›

The Defiant Hero (Troubleshooters Book 2)
$7.25