Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Delta Chain
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:$3.99

on August 28, 2011
This book has a little bit of everything - romance, crusading journalists, people-devouring crocodiles, cults, political conspiracies, recombinant DNA research, and more. In fact, it may try to include just a little too much. The story lines are interesting, but I did not feel there was quite enough character development. I cared more about some of the minor characters more than the main characters. Although the writing was pretty nicely done, it might even be improved by a less-complicated plot, and more insight into the main players. Overall, though, this book is one that most people will find enjoyable and entertaining.
I received a complimentary copy of this book in order to review it
on September 1, 2011
I was given a free copy of this book. I enjoyed most parts and I found it to be thrilling at some parts and fast reading , but a little too predictable in some. I found the plot interesting,intricate and the characters well described. It was fast reading, because the story was good but repetition wasn't necessary. I found it a little confusing because there were so many characters to keep track of. In many parts of this book, I had to refer back to remind me who these people mentioned in other chapters were. By the middle of the book, it all fell into place. It moved at a faster pace once we knew that some of the main characters were up to no good. I liked the fact that this story was mostly happening in Australia. I have never been there so it gave me a glimpse of some areas.
on November 19, 2011
I received a complimentary copy of this book to review. Wow! I was drawn in from the beginning of this story. The action is non-stop and the events keep you riveted and unable to put the book down! The details of the events and surroundings are thorough, as well as the detailed characters that you come to know well. I have to give this book credit, it's fast paced and keeps your attention.
on May 3, 2012
I found the story moved along very well and the central characters were fairly charismatic, although I was frequently confused by the number of people involved in the telling; especially when the "lost" children were introduced. The action sequences are realistic, sometimes gruesomely described and were frequent enough to satisfy fans of this genre. The principal villains were also suitably boo-worthy, especially the croc-hunters.
I was less convinced by the main thrust of the DNA plot, I found the concept way too fanciful; sorry! I also thought the Vietnam connection, that brought the villains together in the first place, was too far-fetched to have had a lifelong effect on such diametrically opposed individuals as Vender, Asquith, Donnelly and Westmayer. This undermined my belief in the main plot.
The closure was weak i.r.o. certain of the lead villains. I would have appreciated reading about a little post-arrest squirming from a couple of these bad guys. I was also pretty under-whelmed by the fairy tale, dare I say, sappy, happy ending.
All in all though a reasonable, fast-paced thriller that kept me reading way after my bedtime.
on March 8, 2012
High action with an interesting storyline and characters. Overall a very interesting read with good connections to high tech investigation and covert medical experimentation.

Personally, I felt some of the scenes were more graphic than absolutely necessary and while I liked the characters, I found the two lead characters somehow not quite as individual as I'd have liked. Some of the secondary characters actually seemed more vivid to me than the two main characters. I also found the timeline shifts a bit confusing, going from the Viet Nam experiences of some of the characters back to the main story. Necessary, but a bit disconcerting.

It isn't "quite" my type of book but I still enjoyed the read and I think the book would appeal more to a plot/action reader than a character driven reader like myself.
on June 1, 2013
I quit reading when he talked about being in a hurricane in the Midwest. I like a little more editing.
on June 25, 2011
I thoroughly enjoyed it - some punchy twists in there, and the driving characters had me hooked into their lives and conflicts. The plot is edgy - with barbs that make you just want to read on.

I totally recommend The Delta Chain.
on August 28, 2012
Bought my copy.
First night: Opened Delta Chain for a quick look-see before bed. Big mistake. Finally zonked out at Chapter 20, and probably would have had croc-shock nightmares if I hadn't been so exhausted by that time. :)
Second night: Couldn't put the book down till the final page. Propped up eyelids.

Mr. Henn handled a fistful of plot threads very effectively. The bait scenes were horrifying but not gratuitously gory. The sex/romance factored in without getting gratuitously graphic. The tension ratcheted up nicely in the climactic scene. Maybe I'm a dolt, but I didn't see the final twist coming.

Clean and effective use of language, with plenty of description unobtrusively worked in.

Characterization of the main characters started late and was on the sparse side but that didn't spoil my enjoyment.

Excellent book!
on June 1, 2013
A very believable tale of science run amok stretching from the Everglades to New South Wales, Australia. Beginning during the miserable days of the Vietnam war, two soldiers from opposite hemispheres join ranks in vile experiments that discount the value of human lives.

The cast of characters is well developed, the proofreading is well done, and the story holds one's attention. The only minor disappointment is the somewhat melodramatic last chapter, but I wanted it to conclude that way anyway - I like a happy ending!

Well worth reading.
on May 15, 2013
The beginning draws you in ...the complex characters are too many at times...had to keep track as the story progressed.
I think the writer has a great mind to have put this story together. I think if you read this story from start to finish and no book in between it would go more smoothly. Perhaps that was my problem keeping track of it.

However I admire the authors imagination and plot line. Glad to have read it.