Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Denver Post
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on May 19, 2009
Had just renewed my yearly subscription to the Post in the aftermath of the demise of the RMN when I decided to get a Kindle 2, have been comparing the print with the Kindle edition for nearly 2 months now & my biggest peeves are the missing features, commentary and in many cases articles in the Kindle edition. The recent addition of a few photos (that look better than on paper) added a star to my rating.

Once I figured out the navigation its far more convenient than the paper edition and I have a weeks worth of back issues to reference if needed, no flipping all over to find the rest of an article & no folding the broadsheet so I can read something near the top of a page, no pages of ads to go through either. Of course there are also no comics, no graphic weather forecast, very few photos, little syndicated commentary & no letters to the editor.

Considering the improvements made in the Kindle edition in the time I've subscribed, I could see dropping the print version to Sunday only (for the ads & coupons) next year.
I must admit that the Kindle format is far easier to read than paper. All articles are just a click away7 with no paging through to find the other half. I hav 2 complaints that take away a star... No saturday paper, and no comics.
on December 8, 2008
The Post has finally gotten it's delivery problems mostly resolved. It is still the Electronic step child behind their pdf version. That is frustrating because the Kindle edition is much easier to read.

Subscibing to the Denver Post makes it all too clear why newspapers are a dying industry. For almost two months the Post has been completely unreliable and no one will take responsibility. Amazon says that the problem is at the Denver Post and that I need to contact them directly. The Post claims that they don't sell subscriptions via the Kindle and that I must have them confused with a different newspaper. There is no one to explain why they have suddenly been so unreliable and there is no one who can explain why and when they are likely to get better. This is my local paper and I would really like to read it.
on August 2, 2011
I am a subscriber to the Kindle version of the Denver Post, and have
been for months now. I would like to complain about the quality. It is
consistently poor. Namely formatting mistakes, incomplete sentences,
many spacing mistakes, frequently the same article will be included
twice in the same issue, poor editing, the wrong picture for the
article, etc. Just poor quality!

For example, the very first article in today's issue has 5 mistakes in
the first paragraph, 4 in the third paragraph, and many more throughout
the article.

The Denver Post said that Amazon was responsible for the formatting. It is poor, either way.
on January 6, 2010
I've had my Kindle for two weeks and the Denver Post has been delivered successfully and promptly every day. The portion of the "paper" that I receive is good, but there is some content that is missing. It seems that the opinion section is particular falls short of the printed paper. I would really like to read letters to the editor. Adding the comics wouldn't be bad either, although that is not a make it or break it thing for me. Would bump up to 4 or 5 stars if more content was available.
on April 25, 2010
I have had the Post delivered to the Kindle for about a week now. It has been arriving every day as expected without any problems. Obviously if you have your wireless turned off, you won't get it until its turned on. As with other papers, up to 7 days of back issues are archived on your kindle. All works as advertised!

Since I get the Sunday paper edition, I quickly went through to see what was missing. As one would expect, the following are not in the Kindle Editions: most pictures, comics, tables and graphics, advertisements!, movie listings, and Bud Wells auto review. Some 3rd party article content such as from Wall Street Journal, and at least one Bloomberg article, were not found either. Other than that, most other written articles are there, and that is exactly what is included - nothing else.

In general, I find reading printed newspapers inconvenient, and you must hunt through the paper, work your way around advertisements, deal with the paper and recycling mess, be home to pick up the paper, etc - very impractical. So to have the Post delivered right to the Kindle wherever you are is super convenient. With the kindle, it is super easy to digest article content and quickly come up to speed on what is going on in the world. I also find it superior to browsing for news on the web, as the news is just dumped to the kindle and you can read through it quickly using the Next Page button. My biggest complaint is that some content could be better prepared and offered for the Kindle readers, such as a link providing consistent weather forecasts for Denver area, list of movies playing, etc.

If you like visuals, advertising, colors, etc, the Kindle edition may not be for you, and the printed paper or web may be a better choice. But, if your sole purpose is to consume Denver/Colorado/National news content quickly and efficiently from the comfort of your couch with little eyestrain, Kindle edition is decent enough.
on April 6, 2012
I wouldn't go to the trouble of posting a negative review if I had any success with either Kindle customer service or the Denver Post. They each point to the other when there are missing features. (Post: "We send them the material, but we don't have control over what they print or how they format"; Kindle: "We can only print what they send us"). I'm continually surprised by the apparent lack of pride and professionalism that is usually associated with publishing a quality newspaper. Today I came upon the print edition and discovered an entire page (inside front cover) of 8 small items missing from the Kindle edition. Unbelievable!
on August 30, 2008
I have difficulty receiving it every day it often will not download the current paper
on May 18, 2010
With the last reviewer, I'm really unhappy with the delivery over the last two weeks. The 'sorry, the Denver Post will be late today' message was disappointing the first time, is just plain irritating the 12th or 13th time. I'd been really pleased with the subscription until this started - no newspaper waste, ability to read my hometown paper wherever I woke up. This is only a recent development, so whatever changed...please change back! Without the delivery problems, I'd go five stars.
on June 21, 2009
I recently received a Kindle DX, and while the device is wonderful, reading the Denver Post has been mediocre at best. There are few pictures, no comics, and the layout is just like a book on the Kindle. Part of the reason I got a DX was because the larger screen real estate would allow newspapers and magazines to present a better product to us, the readers. I'm hoping that as the DX becomes more widespread, newspapers will start formatting their content in a more interesting and natural feeling manner. Until then though, I've canceled my 14-day free trial and won't be looking at any other papers until they start creating DX optimized versions. As a side note, I don't mind paying for news content that I could get for free off the internet, but in order to entice me to pay, the newspaper/magazine needs to be better then what is on the internet and more closely approximate the feeling of holding a newspaper or magazine.