5.0 out of 5 stars What an erotic suspense!
Published on May 2, 2011 by Emerson Eureka

1.0 out of 5 stars Very Disappointed
After reading,"What The Earl Desires", I was looking forward to reading, "The Dectective's Lover". The story started out intriguing, but when parts of it started to read like the movie, "Four Brothers", I became very disappointed. So much so that I didn't bother to finish reading the book. Not worth the money this time to me.
Published 4 months ago by NCGirl

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars What an erotic suspense!, May 2, 2011
This review is from: The Detective's Lover (Kindle Edition)
Not only was this a well-written suspense novel, but it was an erotic read. I do believe this is Ms. Burke's most erotic novel thus far. The story is of Fallon, a cop-wary female Marine who returns to town to bury her father, and Detective Ian, who eventually persuades Fallon to trust him to help her solve the mystery of her father's murder. The chemisty between the two is instantaneous, and the sex between them is frequent and HOT! Great read!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Detective's Lover, April 26, 2011
This review is from: The Detective's Lover (Kindle Edition)
What an amazing book. I was a little unsure in the beginning about how Ms. Burke would turn what seemed to be a murder mystery and an almost unbearably cold woman into a romance book but she did. Get this book you won't regret it.

Fallon and Ian's first meeting in this book had me cringing. I couldn't help but wonder how he would feel about the overly composed almost abrasive woman but he saw right through that. Ian saw a woman who lost someone very close to her trying to find closure instead of the cold bossy person she showed the world and I love that about him.

The tragedy that surrounded this book and these characters was so well written it managed to draw me in instead of push me away. I am a woman who likes her romances hot with a little drama thrown in to keep things interesting. This book gives me everything I wanted and so much more.

The conflict between Fallon's brothers and just about everyone (Ian included) makes me want a bit more back story on them all and has me hoping for more books involving the family.

I set out to write a short review about an amazing book that I think all romance readers should get and I end up with this rambling mess. I hope it made sense to some if not all of you but what I am really trying to say is simple. Buy this book. You will not regret it. And a bonus is that the price reflects the quality and quantity of the book which doesn't always happen.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Very Pleasant Surprise!, May 11, 2011
This review is from: The Detective's Lover (Kindle Edition)
I wasn't entirely sure how this book was going to go or if I was going to like it. I was extremely surprised by how well written and developed this story is. From start to finish this was an excellent read and I would recommend it to everyone who enjoys Suspense Murder Mystery, Romance and Erotica all thrown in one.

The characters are well developed and interesting. The tension and eventual romance between Ian and Fallon was great. Fallon is a tough female marine who is composed and at times aloof who has a disdain for the local cops who all treat her and her brothers like lepers. Ian is a die hard boy in blue who bleeds blue he is almost instantly drawn to the quiet mystery that is Fallon.

As the story progresses it becomes clear that the Murder that brought Ian and Fallon into each other lives there is more then meets the eye, and some one is going through great lengths to keep them from finding out the truth.

I also really enjoyed the interaction between Fallon and her brothers. Each one of the brothers had strong personalities and each could have their own stand alone story. I do hope that the author decides to make this a series and continue on with the the Maddox clan.

This is a great read and totally worth reading. I truly enjoyed this story.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good story, October 22, 2012
This review is from: The Detective's Lover (Kindle Edition)
If u like strong female leads, then this is the book for you.  The sex was pretty tame, but it was a good love story. Ian was strong, but at times was overshadowed by Fallon. The author attempted to balance this out in the story. I'm not sure she succeeded At any rate,his love for her was pretty  profound and isn't that why we read romance ?

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Combination, April 6, 2012
This review is from: The Detective's Lover (Kindle Edition)
This was truly one of Aliyah Burke's better novels. It reminded me vaguely of the movie Four Brothers but clearly with a different spin. The combination of mystery, suspense, believable plot line and characters, as well as steamy UNRUSHED romance was perfectly done. I appreciated the fact that Fallon was a very strong and independent woman that didn't cower in the face of danger but was smart enough to allow help from Ian. I also appreciated the fact that though Fallon had a bad childhood and was facing emotional hardships, she didn't crumble and become a complete emotional wreck, which would have discredited her in my opinion. Aliyah allowed for an Alpha Female to surface without the character becoming a complete bitch or going the way of so many other heroines in which the kickass woman somehow turns into a damsel in distress. Also, Ian's character was well written. He was still an Alpha Male but instead of being a complete bully and not allowing Fallon to fulfill her task, he assists and becomes her ally. Ms. Burke wrote a great book - definitely worth it! Great read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Undeniably A Great Read!, October 20, 2011
This review is from: The Detective's Lover (Kindle Edition)
I highly recommend this book. The only drawback IMO was that she NEVER reciprocated but the chemistry between Ian and Fallon was hot. Ian was such a caring even when he didn't have to be and that to me says he's a man that knows what he wants and doesn't let anything/anyone stand in his way. Talk about a Heroine, Fallon had it going on. She was so put together even with her flaws that she was fierce in my book. I loved the endearing side of seeing how the siblings were there for one another that definitely made it a feel good story mixed in with a twist of suspense.

Again, a really great read!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Read!, October 16, 2011
This review is from: The Detective's Lover (Kindle Edition)
Pleasantly surprised and would definitely recommend. Loved the dynamics between the two main characters, and the supporting cast of characters added to you rooting for the pair to work out.

5.0 out of 5 stars This Detective was hot, September 18, 2011
This review is from: The Detective's Lover (Kindle Edition)
He did not care where they were--he could not keep his hands off of her and vice versa. Great chemistry, but I thought the Detective was weak and not that smart. Where he just so sensitive, she came across as too hard and Alpha. But, if it wasn't for her the case would still be closed with no leads. I couldn't believe how everyone let this police captain berate them. I also could not believe how the female lead couldn't stop having sex with this man, I mean terrible things were happening continuously to her and her family, but these two were getting busy anywhere and everywhere. Her brothers were protective and scary, but in a sweet way. I almost gave this 4 stars bc the female came off as too extreme for me, but the story deserved 5 stars for the suspense, the unexpected twist, and how well the story was written.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Detective's Lover, October 4, 2013
This review is from: The Detective's Lover (Paperback)
This book held my interest from the beginning until the end. I would definitely recommend to everyone. The description of the characters was on point. My first time to read a book by Aliyah Burke but I am now a fan.

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT reading, action, and interesting!!!!, September 11, 2013
This review is from: The Detective's Lover (Kindle Edition)
i loved this book from the very beginning to the end and that's impressive for an avid reader. i did not want the story to be over. i had never read this author before but she's good.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›